19. Auburn

20. Fort Chiswell

21. Abingdon

22. Lee

23. Christiansburg

24. Northwood

25. Norton

Opinion based. I welcome all comments.

Slashed schools don't belong in a SWVA poll!  Just my opinion but one I am certain is shared by many regulars to this site.

Carroll County is terrible.  They were crushed by Floyd and barely beat a helpless Galax team the other night.  Radford is the class of SWVA basketball right now.  The Martinsville win is as impressive a win as anyone in Virginia has had this season, regardless of division.  Honaker and George Wythe are very good as well.  I have seen Fort play.  They will win some regular season games with a weak schedule but don't have a lot of talent and wont hang around very long in the post season.

The rest doesn't matter for another month.

Waiting till the end of January before I post one of these.

Radford #1

gc #2

Honaker #3

by a WIDE margin and untill they lose.

Basing off scores overrated

Lee (unranked

Richlands (20-15) till they prove it vs union.

Make those changes and you'll be onto something.

I based mine off the fact that Eastside picked up two wins in the Florida tournament (have no idea what the competition was like in that tournament, but feel it was probably at least somewhat decent), and the narrow two point win by Graham over what has been discussed here as as a very mediocre at best Marion team.

Gate City is always pretty decent but I am not sold on the head coach.  GC always seems to have talent but lacks discipline for the most part. That is just my impression.  Admittedly, I have not seem them that often, other than a few games v. my beloved Bearcats the last few years.  Since they will not play this year, I doubt I will see them in 2016.

Would like to see peoples thoughts on div1 and Div2 rankings instead of them all thrown together, maybe a top ten in each.

d1 west is a cluster--z- after #5 you kinda need to rank the district/conferences before picking a top 10

D2 is a little more hashed out atm.

Bearcat Bob... I hope you are trolling regarding Vermillion. The guys has ran train in the LPD/Mountain district as well as most recent conference 40. Someone from GC correct me bc I know I am about to get this number wrong but hasnt he won like the last 14 of 15 regular season titles/conference titles? Numerous late season runs... Come on Bearcat Bob... 

Dickie V...not trolling at all.  Winning the regular season means squadoosh.  With some of that talent, I would have thought GC would won more than the regular season.  When they get deeper in the playoffs v. the really good teams what has happened? 

Unbunch your panties, put on your I Love Duke hoodie and chillax.

Scottie has done a great job in my opinion....but as with alot of high school coaches that have alot of pride in their players and in themselves, they tend to avoid playing a zone defense. There's times when your outmanned athletically one on one and those players that can make plays with the ball in hand yet have ZERO shooting ability. It's in those cases where I have seen some great GC teams get beat. If the zone had been played on defense those teams could have been shut down as they had hardly any shooting ability whatsoever....if they couldn't dribble and drive they looked lost. When you play for GC your taught to play man defense and that's pretty much it. Alot of people agree that you don't need to run a zone at all.....I'm one of those that happens to disagree. And to each their own.....but GC runs a system and the players tend to buy into it and believe in it and their coach.

And the Gate City invasion starts?  Come on fellows.  If you are happy with winning a district/conference then all of you GC basketball fans should be just ecstatic.  However, where is that GC football mentality that championships are the only thing that matters?  Some very talented GC teams have fallen well short of expectations. 

Like I said earlier, I have not seen them much lately BUT when I have, they do not play in a disciplined manner...and you cannot win at the highest level playing that way.  Talent will always get GC to a certain level.  At some point, you have to outcoach somebody on the other end of the court.  If you are happy with winning districts, well good for you!  I have my doubts that most of the GC faithful are really happy with the end results though.

And for goodness sakes, please avoid the temptation to run the typical GC retorts.  "You wish you could win the district", or "What has your team done?" or "We beat you" do not address the lack of real post season success for talented GC basketball teams.

If you want to see how happy the GC faithful are watch their fans during the games. They do the same thing they do in the football games. They are a bunch of 50 and 60 plus year old fogeys who couldn't get excited if you put a gallon of 5 hour energy in their coffee.

Least Union fans and students especially show their players how much they appreciate their efforts. You can tell everyone from GC is nothing but a bunch of bandwagoners. When they are good they get a clap or two. When its bad they leave. Lol.

If I was a Blue Devil I would move to Big Stone Gap where the real fans are.

If you want to see how happy the GC faithful are watch their fans during the games. They do the same thing they do in the football games. They are a bunch of 50 and 60 plus year old fogeys who couldn't get excited if you put a gallon of 5 hour energy in their coffee.

Least Union fans and students especially show their players how much they appreciate their efforts. You can tell everyone from GC is nothing but a bunch of bandwagoners. When they are good they get a clap or two. When its bad they leave. Lol.

If I was a Blue Devil I would move to Big Stone Gap where the real fans are.

And as a true blue devil fan.....I'd rather sand-paper my a** and soak it in turpentine than to move to BSG and root for you guys.