Richlands/Graham

Deleted Account

No doubt, I am a Graham fan and would like nothing more than to see the G-Men pull an upset. Graham is due a victory over Richlands; however, the Blue Tornado has too much experience for Graham's defense to handle. Graham will most likely finish the regular season at 6-4 or at best 7-3 based on their extremely tough non district schedule ... Bluefield, Richlands, Giles, and Abingdon.

My heart says the G-Men ... my head says Richlands. Either way, I am proud to see the Graham program on the rise and becoming a contender again! I hope that I am wrong ...

Richlands 41

Graham 20

I think we will see an exciting football game Thursday evening for sure.  I just hope the GHS band can perform the National Anthem this time without butchering it.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind being a trumpet player and performing the National Anthem in front of 10 or 12 thousand would be tough and my hat is off to all those kids out there doing it.  No matter what sport you play hearing our National Anthem and what it stands for can get your head straight and ready to go.  A good friend of mine in high school played the Anthem solo as a trumpet player.  I always admired him for getting out there and nailing it week in and week out.  So GHS band we're pulling for you too!!!

Sounds like if you try to stop Cousin and Cook, Meade will hurt you with his legs, do your best to account for all three and this will be one heck of a game.

I sure would like to see a blocking fullback type you could put back there with John Luke to give him and extra second or two.

Last year he had that two step drop thing going, he could burn you with the slots or the WRs.

Also need more option and sweeps with Collins and Booker.

No doubt, I am a Graham fan and would like nothing more than to see the G-Men pull an upset. Graham is due a victory over Richlands; however, the Blue Tornado has too much experience for Graham's defense to handle. Graham will most likely finish the regular season at 6-4 or at best 7-3 based on their extremely tough non district schedule ... Bluefield, Richlands, Giles, and Abingdon.

My heart says the G-Men ... my head says Richlands. Either way, I am proud to see the Graham program on the rise and becoming a contender again! I hope that I am wrong ...

Richlands 41

Graham 20

I'm gong with Graham by two td's... I guess we will see on Thursday.   

I look for Graham to jam the receivers at the line and try to stop them Carlock style. Blitz blitz blitz and try to shake up the QB. They will live or die by the blitz. Offense? Who knows? They are as wild as a backyard pickup game and may even let Meade draw the plays in the dirt. Chaos is to them as mud is to a pig. They are hard to match athletically and know how to use weapons selectively. Who wins? I got no idea.

I look for Graham to jam the receivers at the line and try to stop them Carlock style. Blitz blitz blitz and try to shake up the QB. They will live or die by the blitz. Offense? Who knows? They are as wild as a backyard pickup game and may even let Meade draw the plays in the dirt. Chaos is to them as mud is to a pig. They are hard to match athletically and know how to use weapons selectively. Who wins? I got no idea.

That's the key. If JLA doesn't have time to throw, those receivers will be useless. But, man, that kid is deadly when he has time to scan the field.

if Graham blizzes up the middle, it will be handled,if the ends come hard....look out.JLA needs to roll out and set up on the outside,or take off, if he is healthy, either way he needs some time.i would suggest a step or two deeper in the spread or middle screens, bothe will help.

Watching JLA's highlights in the other thread I didn't think he looked that bad.  I realize that it is his highlights and not the entire game film.  The schemes and play calling are designed for high percentage throws most of the time it appears.  Although he does throw a few deep balls to Scottie Ball.  Man that kid looks like he's wearing baseball gloves.  Whoever is covering him tonight will have their work cut out for them.  I hope this game lives up to the hype........meaning Graham wins!!! LOL.  

Looks like he went to his 1st read every throw. Earlier in the week I thighs jamming the receivers at the line was a bad idea.. Maybe not

I agree. I believe I would jam them at the line as well.  But I'm not the next Nick Saban either.  I believe our corners have enough speed to stay with their receivers.  Although the Howie kid does have a set of wheels.