FB Score Updates Week 3 9/8 and 9/9-2016

trublue

For that to be true, you need to be 52 lol. I know it was the right call, just baffled that they called it. Never seen it.

I think that the last time I saw it was when it was called on the Fridge of the Bears in the Superbowl.

Great game Richlands. Halftime adjustments proved to be the biggest difference in the game. That an we seemed to be ok with "shooting ourselves in the foot". The "pooch" kick worked in the 1st half worked ok. Turned out not a good idea in the 2nd half. I am proud to be a Gman tonight. I really believe we are finally turning the corner. Be careful going home!!

Richlands dominated the line of scrimmage. Everything Graham was able to do was due to an explosive player making a big play. Those plays dwindled as the game went on, Richlands played poorly and still won decisively. I believe a rematch would result in a more dominant Richlands victory.

But that's just my opinion....

Richlands dominated the line of scrimmage. Everything Graham was able to do was due to an explosive player making a big play. Those plays dwindled as the game went on, Richlands played poorly and still won decisively. I believe a rematch would result in a more dominant Richlands victory.

By "dwindled" do you mean two dropped passes that would've went for td's.  I hope that rematch happens.

I feel like Cousin was under used this week and I also thought that Mitchell was under used last week by Union.  When you have athletes of that caliber, you need to get them the ball in any way possible.  But I have said before,  I'm a really good arm chair QB/coach.

I am so proud of how the Blues played hard all game and was really glad to see us use Lowe on offense some tonight.  The coaches made some great adjustments at half and the radio said that Devon Johnson gave a half time speech that fired up the guys.......good for him !

Just would like to see us start the game off a little better.  Seems like JLA is struggling to start the game,  but then gets it going.  Liked how they let him run some tonight.

Good luck Gman with the rest of your season !

You would think dominating the line of scrimmage like that Richlands could've ran the ball with a RB and wouldn't have to go 5 WR for 90% of the game.

It's disappointing to jump out to a big lead and then lose your composure like that.  I think Graham will go 7-3 or better, but should be healthy and fresh at the end of the season when it counts.  Last 5 games, the subs should be in before halftime.  Richlands is going to have to be careful with that QB and quit running him on the draw so much, if he goes down.....they are hurting.

So do I. I stand by my

assessment. You know Richlands thoroughly dominated the second half.

Mance did dominate the 2nd half. All coaching.

No knock on Tony Palmer. He's Still learning. I'm sure he'll look back on this game and see where it got away from him and kick himself for the things that could have been done differently.

That's what makes Mance so good though. He'll take his squad and beat more talented teams 9 times out of 10. That's at the least the 3rd time I've witnessed it.

The entire 3rd quarter really showed Richlands adjustments. Ben Meade had about 3 seconds to pass the ball. Richlands defensive line dominated the 3rd quarter. If someone could get stats for yardage in the 3rd quarter alone, that'd be awesome!!

Listened to WGTH coverage driving back from N.C. and I am so grateful for cruise control. Folks on the interstate had to be wondering why anyone would be doing Zumba in a moving vehicle. Thrilled at the grit and drive of the Blues, but my poor nerves. Best of luck GMEN the rest of your schedule.

One team has "been there and done that" and knows how to win. One team is still figuring that part out. That's the difference. There's probably 3 teams in SWVA who would spot Graham 21 and still win, they played one tonight and they get another soon.

Do you have bruises on your chest yet?

You're right.  My chest thumping was a bit excessive. I allowed a comment about the officiating  from one of my friends from Bluefield  send me into taunt mode.

He'll take his squad and beat more talented teams 9 times out of 10. That's at the least the 3rd time I've witnessed it.

I'm not sure Graham is the overall more talented team.  There is no doubt that they have an outstanding group of skill position players, but Richlands seemed to have a significant edge on the line of scrimmage. I didn't notice anyone on Graham's defensive front influence the game in any significant way. The two defensive tackles for Richlands absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage. 

I kept up with it on twitter. Hats off to both teams. Graham had Richlands 21-0 in the first half. That's a pretty good start. Richlands battled back and won. That's two consecutive come-from-behind wins. I wouldn't want to draw either team come November.

Just remember the rule is that an offensive player shall not push pull or lift a runner to assist the forward progress.  Appalachia was always notorious for pushing the pile itself when defenders stood up a runner. 

Exactly. Very hard to throw a flag because the "pile" is moving versus an individual helping another individual. 

Just like I said that game with Union would help the blues in the future,  I think this game tonight will really help the Gman.  They are a very talented good team who just needs to learn how to finish a team when they have them down and last night will go a long way in doing that.  I know that had to leave a bad taste in their mouth and should fuel them for the rest of the season.  I'm sure coach Palmer learned a lot about himself, coaching staff and their team.  

They will be an extremely dangerous team going forward.  

I hear a few of our fans complain about Mance whenever we get behind and I just shake my head.  Yes,  I have questioned play calls at times,  mostly for me,  I just wanted to see us use L.Lowe more on offense.  But I know that he knows more about football than I could ever hope to know.  No he isn't perfect ( who is )  but he IS one of if not THE best high school coach in SWVA and probably in the top 5 in the state ( JMHO )  and has proven it over and over.

He and his staff are one of the best I have seen at making halftime adjustments and I think we are very blessed to have had him as our coach.  The years that he has been our coach have been the best in Richlands history and I hope he is our coach for MANY years to come.  Again,  this is just my humble opinion.

It's great to see another Tazewell Co team getting back to their rightful place as a contender again.  Now we just need Tazewell to get there and it looks like they are making great strides.

Great game last night and I wish great success to both teams the rest of the season.

No knock on Tony Palmer. He's Still learning. I'm sure he'll look back on this game and see where it got away from him and kick himself for the things that could have been done differently.

Talked to him earlier today, your assessment is correct...