Backyard Brawl 2016

Ryan4VT

Hey Ryan if I knew how to paste that "Shame" video you did to me, I would return the favor here. Lol. This won't be much of a "Brawl" Friday night. After last night Tazewell ' s confidence has to be in the toilet. Their best hope of fielding a competitive team will be in 3 years. Good luck to both teams and to no injuries!

I was optimistic for Tazewell to have at least a 5-5 season this year but it looks like a 3-7 and maybe a 4-6 for them. (not sure they can beat Grundy)

I really give Marion credit for the game last night. Their defense played very well. Loaded the box, sent 1 or 2 on a blitz all night and challenged Tazewell to beat them by throwing the ball. Marion had one kid on Kitts all night and one on Harris and they both done their job. If Tazewell could have broke through the line (Marion was loading up) they may have had a chance but their players (Marion) did exactly what they needed to.

Richlands will make the game ugly if they choose. I look for them to put 60+ on Tazewell pretty early and coasting on in from there.

Richlands plays defense, gonna be a slaughter. Richlands comes in with head in the air looking past to Grundy and Abingdon, could end up being a barn burner, scoring at a maximum, but there is like a 2% chance of that happening. Richlands rolls. I know Mance would never allow it, but the JV has been firing on all cylinders, could they put 70 on the Dawgs?

Richlands plays defense, gonna be a slaughter. Richlands comes in with head in the air looking past to Grundy and Abingdon, could end up being a barn burner, scoring at a maximum, but there is like a 2% chance of that happening. Richlands rolls. I know Mance would never allow it, but the JV has been firing on all cylinders, could they put 70 on the Dawgs?

We got to 62 my senior year I believe.

I wouldn't imagine that Mance would ever want to score 70 on Tazewell but I'm not sure if he can help it this year given how bad their defense actually is.

The year we got 62, our JV offense scored 2 touchdowns pretty much at will. Mance doesn't like to run the score up, but if you can't stop a JV offense....lol.

Will be ugly.... When you practice half ass you will play half ass... When you've only wore full gear during practice 2 or 3 times your not going to accomplish damn thing.... Now I understand why they can't tackle....

Richlands will do their best to not run the score up on Tazewell, but it will not be close. It's not a good thing to score 70 on a school within the same county. I'll go something like 49 to 12.

Mance will pull the starters after the first series of the halftime. My only worry is if Tazewell's defense is truly that bad, Richlands will hit 49 before halftime. I agree that you don't try to pour it on a county school.

Mance will pull the starters after the first series of the halftime. My only worry is if Tazewell's defense is truly that bad, Richlands will hit 49 before halftime. I agree that you don't try to pour it on a county school.

You don't pour it on for the sake of pouring it on under any circumstances. Get the younger and less talented kids some run, and win with class. It is high school athletics, after all. Otherwise, you have trouble filling out your schedule because your reputation precedes you.

There's one particular school that comes to mind...

Yeah, whether you like, love or hate coach mance, one thing he does is get his younger players as much playing time as he can. He will play hard the 1st half and probably play his starters the first series after halftime as Ryan has stated, but he always tries to get his young guys as much time as he can, which pays off later.

I have to chime in my thoughts. Tazewell will or should play much harder than last week simply because it is richlands and they will give it their all. With that said it won't be enough. They should manage some scores and keep in interesting for a short bit. At the same time you should never go into a game thinking you're going to lose because you will. You should always go into a game thinking we can win this. That's why upsets happen.

Will be ugly.... When you practice half ass you will play half ass... When you've only wore full gear during practice 2 or 3 times your not going to accomplish damn thing.... Now I understand why they can't tackle....

I get a glimpse of Tazewell's practice on a regular basis.  So I can see where you get frustrated.  I don't think I have ever seen them practice in anything other than shorts and pads.  Looks like a Thursday walk-thru every day of the week.