Battle @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

The Trojans are undersized, but stout with some speed. Will be interesting to see how they handle Richlands passing attack. Union didn't throw the ball a lot, but the receivers weren't wide either.

Battle isn't going to be Lebanon or Central, but I can't see them upsetting the Blues.

I haven't seen Battle since the beginning of the regular season when they played Abingdon, but it has looked like they have improved week to week.  They gave Gate City a good game and someone said the Union game was closer than the score showed.  Not sure if their QB (Tipton) is still out.  He is certainly a play maker on that team and Battle runs the ball well. 

Overall I would say Richlands would have the edge over Battle with playmakers and QB.

Richlands     42

Battle            14

I would doubt you see Howie or Ball. Maybe no Lowe either. Haven't heard anything for sure, but I'd be surprised.

I find that hard to believe Ryan.  Those guys will have to play some to get reps in right?  I mean Richlands can beat Battle but to say the playmakers are taking the night off in the playoffs might be a little much.  Battle isn't going to be like playing against a Holston or Rye Cove.  Battle will show up with every intention of winning the game and advancing.  I've said it before and I will say it again.  Never look past an opponent and assume you are advancing, that's when things tend to jump up and bite you.

I would take this game as a chance to work on the ground game,find you two good 2nd unit lineman and put tight end numbers on them, have your line go toe to toe with each other and go to the full house backfield and develop a running game,3 yrds and a cloud of astroturf.....you are going to need it

I would take this game as a chance to work on the ground game,find you two good 2nd unit lineman and put tight end numbers on them, have your line go toe to toe with each other and go to the full house backfield and develop a running game,3 yrds and a cloud of astroturf.....you are going to need it

I agree. This is one of the things in my opinion hurts Richlands when they get deep in the post season. The spread works well for them against teams in this area but seems to stall on them against eastern teams. Good power run games seem to be a weakness for some of the eastern teams.

I agree. This is one of the things in my opinion hurts Richlands when they get deep in the post season. The spread works well for them against teams in this area but seems to stall on them against eastern teams. Good power run games seem to be a weakness for some of the eastern teams.

This has been one of the only years imo that Richlands hasn't been able to run the ball. They have had some studs in the backfield in recent years. They always have a big strong line. Just because you run the ball out of the spread don't mean you can't play power football. You can use formations with h-backs and TE's and run good downhill power run plays. The fact is and I'm not trying to knock on Richlands is they have played good teams and just not got the job done the past few years.