Giles @ Appomattox

nrv_football

Giles has already seen the best of the best this season playing against Blacksburg, Graham, and Galax. I don't think Appo will be the best offense Giles has seen but they might be the best defense. Losing Chapman will hurt tremendously on offense. Meadows isn't 100% either and not having Jacoby will hurt. I'm not gonna make a score prediction but I think Giles puts up a fight

Giles is very capable of pulling the upset in this one, even without Chapman.  Control the clock and limit Appo's possessions is what Giles needs to beat them.  Very possible, if you ask me.  Giles will bring a big crowd and the atmosphere will be tough for Appomattox, even if they are the home team.

On paper Appomattox should win and I favor Appomattox wining but Giles is one of those teams that always stepped it up in the playoffs. I'm going say right now that this game is going to be much closer than some would think. If Appomattox comes out and takes it to Giles then we know how good they really are but I don't see that happening. I lean Appomattox in a close game but I'm hoping for a Giles upset.

Have they announced day and time?

Pretty sure it's Friday night at 7:00 but haven't heard anything official...will call a buddy tonight to make sure this info is right.

On to the game....we got our hands full no doubt about it....Without Chapman makes it a lot harder but injuries are part of the game. Just hope he gets healthy....I just want to see our kids go up there and lay it all on the line and compete against possibly the best 2A team in the state and let the chips fall where they may....If we get blown out and compete and fight then you just shake their hands and wish them luck the next game.

I got a feeling we come to play next Friday....still may not be enough but if we compete and fight that's all you can ask for from these kids. I will be there hoping we can pull out some kind of miracle but win or lose I am proud of these kids this year and what I knew was going to be a down year(7-3 down year....a lot of teams would take that most years)....next year with all our youth should be a fun year but a lot of work to do in the off season.

Go Spartans pull off a shocker next Friday!!

Posted this on the Union and Dan River Thread, but it applies here also:

Here's the deal, Dan River and Appomattox think they are going to win this weekend. They think it won't be close.  They are already making plans for Salem in week 5. Prove them wrong.  Let the discussion at their homes on Thanksgiving day be "What happened against Union"  or "What happened against Giles"...

I'm not sold on these 2 teams being so much better than the rest as their fan base would make you believe.  This isn't Chatham they're facing.  Make them earn every bit of it, if they do come out on top.  Where there's a will, there's a way.  They may have more athletes than Union or Giles, but one thing that Union and Giles will both have more of is heart and that's just a fact that's been proven over and over by our boys from SWVA.  Been watching this game for a long, long time and I absolutely believe that Appo and Dan River could go down this weekend.

"The ratio of people to cake is too big..."

From what you have heard it appears Chapman may play Friday nite.  I know he is a huge part of the Spartans offense.  If I may, and I hope the Giles posters doesn't take it as being critical,  I feel its not the  best to update the opposing team on injuries to your team, as to who may or may not be playing in the game.    From what we heard Friday nite, Chapman was out with a serious injury.  Appo scouts left that nite thinking this is  not someone we have to game plan for, now they are getting info that he may be playing.  Never give your opponent an edge on the status of  your injuries, especially this time of year.  IMO