Richlands vs Graham?

Richlands Gang

I look for a bigger crowd than Graham/Beaver to be honest. No doubt the two best teams from our area will be playing. Wouldn't have it any other way

2 out standing teams with crazy good athletes, it was a great game last year but theres more on the line this time and so many outstanding seniors

This is more than a battle to see who will remain standing into December. This is a battle for the championship of each other. Old lion against young lion, in terms of recent and historical powers. Graham's iron against Richlands's steel. Needless to say, this is the biggest November game either of these teams have played this century.

It's going to be a Black Friday for one team and ecstasy for the other. And I can't wait.

This is more than a battle to see who will remain standing into December. This is a battle for the championship of each other. Old lion against young lion, in terms of recent and historical powers. Graham's iron against Richlands's steel. Needless to say, this is the biggest November game either of these teams have played this century.

It's going to be a Black Friday for one team and ecstasy for the other. And I can't wait.

I disagree. Richlands @ Gate City in 2014 was pretty daggone huge. Didn't end well for us though.

I'm picking the regular season loser. It's hard to beat a good team twice.

G-Men 28

Blues 21

I disagree. Richlands @ Gate City in 2014 was pretty daggone huge. Didn't end well for us though.

I'm picking the regular season loser. It's hard to beat a good team twice.

G-Men 28

Blues 21

Richlands at Tazewell for the region championship in 2008 was a big game too. Cold, snowy, muddy, & heartbreaking.

That one is diminished for me historically because (1) That was not a great Richlands team and (2) They got obliterated against Brookville the following week.

I agree with that, & I agree this week's game is "bigger" in just about all aspects. The game in 2008 was important more so for Tazewell, being the #1 seed in the region and hosting your rival for the championship. Other than that I may just be a little biased ranking it up there at the top. The weather that Saturday made for a classic game. They had to scrape the snow off the field that morning to be able see the lines. The first tackle I made that day I hit a puddle on the field and shattered the ice with my elbow lol I've seen a YouTube video or two of that game showing the conditions and crowds if anyone wanted to see it.

But on another note - Im sure it ranks up there too because we know how it ended. We don't know yet how this Friday's game will go but for that day A 1 point Loss in overtime on a missed XP (after the first one was good) in front of a full stadium in the bitter cold - after everything that had went on that year between the consolidation & TJ's illness you couldn't ask for a better story. I just wish it would've ended differently.

That's a hard statement to make, because both teams have been in so many haha! I see Graham winning this one, very close game though. Seem to have momentum on their side and established more swagger from earlier in the season when they played Richlands. Honestly can't make up my mind fully on who I predict to win, but it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same stadium.

This game is going to be a tight one all the way down to the wire. Packed out with a great atmosphere. Richlands found a run game just in time. I'll say Richlands wins this one and it comes down to the last few seconds. 

Richlands 35

Graham   31

No clue how this one will turn out. One thing for sure is I hope the G-Men don't come out of the locker room taunting again like they did Martinsville and other teams this year. I would hope they will be more focused on playing football than talking smack.

Yeah they've done I it every game that I've seen. I don't care for that at all..

I figured they'd learned their lessons after It came back to bite them last year at union

I remember them doing it last year as well. Mixed feelings about it but one thing is for sure, if you're going to talk and taunt before the game, you better be ready to bring it. Especially against a team that has had our number the past decade. The first game I felt like our guys got comfortable with a decent size lead. I've learned from watching Richlands you can't let off the gas or they will find a way to comeback. Can't let off the gas this time. I believe coaching and coaching adjustments will play a huge part just like last game. Mance is one hell of a coach and he out coached Palmer last game. Need a solid effort from the team and coaches

If Graham can do to Richlands what Abingdon did....forget run defense and focus solely on pass defense, then Graham wins. If Richlands has developed any kind of ground game then they mix it up enough to win. Jmo.

Richlands has found a little bit of a running game. They have different guys carry it, but they all do a different job. It's worked the last few weeks. And Glenvar had a good run defense and we got almost 200 yards on the ground.

No clue how this one will turn out. One thing for sure is I hope the G-Men don't come out of the locker room taunting again like they did Martinsville and other teams this year. I would hope they will be more focused on playing football than talking smack.

Some would say setting up a Giant Blue helmet, filling it with smoke and placing it on the away team's field for your team to run through is disrespectful... but it's not.

I don't see it as being disrespectful at all.  I don't see it as a taunt.  I just see it as a way of getting fired up before the game.  I might be in the minority here, but I like it.  

It may fire the other team up as well, that may be the downfall of it all.  

If you guys think this is bad, you should go watch basketball in central and South Central Virginia....  The Cheerleaders even taunt each other and make up cheeers about each other at some schools.  Most of the fans feel as if it is just part of the game.  When I lived there, I would look forward to seeing what they came up with next.