Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KHSAALegend

Mark Palmer

Recommended Posts

On 4/5/2020 at 6:12 PM, Grapeape said:

The Cumberland currently features two phenomenal young coaches in Warner & Lark. 

And if memory serves me correctly, Palmer gave Clintwood an L in their final game, ever, in the playoffs, and they were in the Cumberland district at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Coach Palmer will missed, I'm still shooting for alumni! Coach Selfe has  made great progress with the basketball team. He has my and others that Ive talked to support for at least athletic director. The boys seem to love him to. Fingers crossed this virus will die down and we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

On one more note. In my humble opinion the AD should not be a football coach, it should be kept separate, but where we do live in Southwest va, where football is king it seems like that is how it goes, at least for PH, cant speak for other schools. Once again, Congrats to Coach Palmer, he will be missed and Ky got a hell of a coach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
23 hours ago, jonah58 said:

And if memory serves me correctly, Palmer gave Clintwood an L in their final game, ever, in the playoffs, and they were in the Cumberland district at that time.

 

You're correct, it was also at Clintwood IIRC. That was also the only year Union beat Clintwood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
On 4/3/2020 at 4:41 PM, KHSAALegend said:

Hey I kinda familiar to both SWVA and KY. Seen on there PH coach is headed to Anderson. Good program should have lots of wins 

 

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260430

Hey, Legend!  Welcome to SWVASports.com!  Don't be a stranger when football rolls around again, whenever that may be!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 4/7/2020 at 2:51 PM, Phfan said:

On one more note. In my humble opinion the AD should not be a football coach, it should be kept separate, but where we do live in Southwest va, where football is king it seems like that is how it goes, at least for PH, cant speak for other schools. Once again, Congrats to Coach Palmer, he will be missed and Ky got a hell of a coach!

The AD isn't part of the coaching staff at Graham. I agree best wishes to Coach Palmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Where is the former D-Coordinator Tim Burke at he was at PH forever as an assistant. Seth Padgett helped call the offense there. Chase Nunley at Abingdon has done a good job in their weight room is he interested?? What about Ronnie Davis at Richlands? Mance is gone and Wells will call his offense and is bringing his own defensive coordinator. Maybe Davis is looking to leave.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Blue_Crue said:

Where is the former D-Coordinator Tim Burke at he was at PH forever as an assistant. Seth Padgett helped call the offense there. Chase Nunley at Abingdon has done a good job in their weight room is he interested?? What about Ronnie Davis at Richlands? Mance is gone and Wells will call his offense and is bringing his own defensive coordinator. Maybe Davis is looking to leave.

 

Don’t be so sure on that last part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 4/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, rebel3 said:

They should try to get Richie Thomas back. Not sure if he would be interested, but he retired from Wythe County last year. He had some success there in the 90s, and it's his alma mater. Worth a shot.

Ritchie Thomas had success playing Marion, VA High, Abingdon, Haysi, Coeburn, George WYthe, et........I would love to see what he would do with the schedule Ph plays now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, swvasportsnut said:

Ritchie Thomas had success playing Marion, VA High, Abingdon, Haysi, Coeburn, George WYthe, et........I would love to see what he would do with the schedule Ph plays now.

Yeah PH had a good schedule back in those days. They even took down Julius Jones and the PV Vikings in a pre-season scrimmage back in 1997. Too bad they had so many injuries for the Region C championship against Radford that year. If they had remained fully healthy, defeated Radford, and met the Vikings in the semis, I think it would have been an epic game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...