Open Jobs

8 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Wise Central Boys

JIB Girls

Grundy Girls

TW Boys

Lee Girls

Am I missing any? Any scoop on who will get these gigs?

I believe Lee Girls may be filled by the TW boys opening.  Could be wrong but wouldn't be surprised.

10 hours ago, Blue_Crue said:

Grundy was filled same night Compton was removed. 2012 Grundy Graduate Hannah Stiltner is new coach.

I'm still trying to piece the Grundy girls situation together. Why was Compton dismissed again?

10 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Buchanan County is the best prime example of "it's not what you know, it's who you know". But as far as I know the decision to let Compton go was completely in line with school system policy.

It would make sense if all the other coaches in the county were employees of the system, but they're not. 

14 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

It would make sense if all the other coaches in the county were employees of the system, but they're not. 

I agree. I do not know Ron Compton or have never spoke one word to the man, but the truth is the rules don't apply to everyone. You can look throughout Buchanan County and find this with every school. He was just a good target for an opportunist in on honesty. I've noticed the younger generation of teachers and coaches have a sense of entitlement it seems and will do what they have to do to knock anybody out of the way.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:07 AM, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Wise Central Boys

JIB Girls

Grundy Girls

TW Boys

Lee Girls

Am I missing any? Any scoop on who will get these gigs?

What about Honaker boys?   Have they filled that spot yet?

On 5/15/2020 at 9:28 PM, 1inStripes said:

Lee Girls filled by Brandon Mosier from Big Stone.

I move away and see this? What happened to Thomas? 

Also who is going to get Walker boys? Anyone on the staff that could fill the void?

Timesland @Timesland

GIRLS BASKETBALL: Narrows hire now official. Pulaski County head coach Bradley Sutphin is new Green Wave head coach. Sutphin took Pulaski to 2019 VHSL Class 4 runner-up finish.#timesland

H.S. girls basketball: Pulaski County girls basketball coach Sutphin leaves to take job at Narrows

great state

1 hour ago, trublue said:

Timesland @Timesland

GIRLS BASKETBALL: Narrows hire now official. Pulaski County head coach Bradley Sutphin is new Green Wave head coach. Sutphin took Pulaski to 2019 VHSL Class 4 runner-up finish.#timesland

H.S. girls basketball: Pulaski County girls basketball coach Sutphin leaves to take job at Narrows

great state

Good to see that we have 2 coaches that have had success and deep tourney runs in their careers.  We welcome him aboard.

4 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Good to see that we have 2 coaches that have had success and deep tourney runs in their careers.  We welcome him aboard.

Brady interviewed him on the podcast once. Seemed like a really nice guy.

Pulaski's principal recently took a demotion to come to Galax.  Lot's of folks leaving Pulaski in a very short space of time.  I'm wondering if it's coincidental or a sign of a larger problem.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

31 minutes ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Add VA High to the list of open jobs. Strange stuff mid June and two jobs opens from teams that were pretty good last year. 

Where is the other job that just opened up this month?  And was Va. High was sub .500 last year according to the scores posted on this forum.