Backyard brawl! Tazewell Vs. Richlands

bulldog05-CO2017

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Why do you say that? What makes you say that Tazewell is definitively that much better than Richlands on paper? 

Sage Webb is a difference maker for sure  he is a stud out there but IMO stop him win the game. Tazewell has Harris running the ball Jordan catching the ball and 3 is a treat to run as well. Like I said on paper Tazewell doesn’t have the best player on the field it’s Webb hands down but I havnt seen a Robin to his Batman Tazewell has the better athletes on the field. But Richlands has out preformed what they are on paper time in and time out. Does that mean Tazewell wins out right no but I also don’t think the curse of the great Mance is hanging over Tazewell either so it’s a toss up.

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Congrats to Tazewell. Helluva game. Both teams just about even. Blues gotta figure out a way to get in the endzone. 5 trips inside the 10 and only 1 TD won’t do it. 

That was a bit of a letup on tazewell defense on that one. If they can get their qb situation figured out they will still be good. Defense about equal for both. Tazewell kept them in the game with penalties. Curious what score would have been without them. 

3 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

That was a bit of a letup on tazewell defense on that one. If they can get their qb situation figured out they will still be good. Defense about equal for both. Tazewell kept them in the game with penalties. Curious what score would have been without them. 

On the flip side — if Richlands punts from their own 11 the score is 19-18 Blues. 

Blues D played great. Only gave up 1 TD. Offense just has to figure out how to put the ball across the line. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

On the flip side — if Richlands punts from their own 11 the score is 19-18 Blues. 

Blues D played great. Only gave up 1 TD. Offense just has to figure out how to put the ball across the line. 

I see mistakes on both sides as far as 4th downs go but nothing was as egregious as that one on their own 11 

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

Ok so did Tazewell actually win or did Richlands just hand it to them?

Tazewell won the game. Richlands didn’t help themselves and Tazewell capitalized off of our miscues. This is a game that if they played 10 times, each school would win 5 with the current teams. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Tazewell won the game. Richlands didn’t help themselves and Tazewell capitalized off of our miscues. This is a game that if they played 10 times, each school would win 5 with the current teams. 

I think it’s more like Tazewell 6-7 out of 10 this year. 

Richlands folks acting like a 44 yard FG is a regular occurrence (which I guess it was with Fle) but that one was just barely good and could have just as easily missed. 

Just now, Tigerman10 said:

Richlands folks acting like a 44 yard FG is a regular occurrence (which I guess it was with Fle) but that one was just barely good and could have just as easily missed. 

After their first win I also agree as you have that mental hurdle cleared

4 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Four field goals in a hig school game is one heck of an accomplishment. Especially for a sophomore. It surely has happened before But I can't ever recall it in any game that I have researched. VHSL record book says the record for VA is 5 set by several players.

What a game! Congratulations to Tazewell! Mance gone, Mental hurdle gone~ hard fought game for both sides! Nunley definitely out quarterbacked Cox. Tazewell’s defense did well stopping Blues too.  Hats off to Tazewell for bringing home the win at Ernie Hicks no less! 

Just now, jonah58 said:

From watching the game objectively, I felt like Tazewell was a 2 TD better team and let Richlands hang in there with those penalties.  Just my opinion. 

Got to get those under control. Way it's going may see a record set with Graham in a few weeks 

14 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Blues fans will now become BIG Tazewell fans in 2 weeks. If Tazewell and Richlands both beat Graham to end the season.... chaos for the playoff spots. Lol

Would Richlands get in with a win over Graham and a Graham win over Tazewell? Seems like they would have more PowerPoints than Tazewell in this scenario with the Riverheads being division 1. Please correct me if wrong, just trying to do the math in my head.

33 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

That thing should never see the light of day again! 😂😂😂

If it's any consolation, at the rate things are going, it may never see the light of Marion again.