Ridgeview at Richlands

swva_havok_fan

It's less than 36 hours to kick and there's no thread for this?

What is going on around here?  Where have all the Richlands people gone to hide?  

This should be a fun one if it is anything like the Plus 1 contest in the spring.  Wished I could be at the Ernie for it, but guess I will have to follow BTL's tweets instead.

10 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

What is going on around here?  Where have all the Richlands people gone to hide?  

This should be a fun one if it is anything like the Plus 1 contest in the spring.  Wished I could be at the Ernie for it, but guess I will have to follow BTL's tweets instead.

We all been too busy fighting with each other over this Graham/GW dilemma to worry about anyone else 😂

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. I've seen Richlands on film some, but haven't seen anything on the 'Pack. I think this will tell me where Ridgeview stands in relation to Abingdon, Graham and Union. I get the feeling it won't be like the spring game.

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands has had 2 weeks of practice to find some heart and figure out their issues. 

Hoping to see a reinvigorated Blues team that doesn’t roll over in the first quarter. 

If they don't the Pack will put the smack down on them. Talented bunch up on The Ridge 

not trying to trash talk Richlands but this has got to be a gut check game. These kids grew up watching some really good Tornado teams, are they gonna play up to that standard or not. Imo were about to find out because Ridgeview has more or less underperformed historically and they think they've turned that corner. Nothing would prove it more than beating up on a perennial power like Richlands. 

30 minutes ago, redtiger said:

not trying to trash talk Richlands but this has got to be a gut check game. These kids grew up watching some really good Tornado teams, are they gonna play up to that standard or not. Imo were about to find out because Ridgeview has more or less underperformed historically and they think they've turned that corner. Nothing would prove it more than beating up on a perennial power like Richlands. 

But with that thought, does it really mean as much if the team is down from their powerhouse days?

I hope Richlands has a good showing but unless they turned things around these past two weeks, it may be bad. Hopefully, they’ve found focus & heart to make this a competitive game. If not, it’s going to be a long night. If that’s how it comes out, I give Tazewell the advantage next week. 

There been no thread for this because Richlands is no longer the Richlands of the past 15-20 years. They are unfortunately no threat to beat Ridgeview. Richlands has been slightly trending toward some down years that most programs, even though great, will go through. Those down years are now........the here and now.

Okay guys, didn't want to get into this too much, I seem to rub people the wrong way with my opinion sometimes, but we all have to be honest, and this only comes from an old fart who has been around many years as a Blues fan.  Houston, we have a problem.  First of all, let's not kid ourselves, the Blues have little chance of post season play, and yes, there are more games to play.  It is easy for a successful program having a down year to fall into the poor pitiful me syndrom, and start blaming everyone else for the situation which I have seen in some form the last couple games.  IMO (yelp, I said that), it's time to have a lot of second and third stringers, (bench riders) get some action on the field.  Some good players who show great promise are just not performing up to par on the starting team, so why not change some things and start building for the next couple of years?  I mean come on, if the starters aren't performing, change something, or the results will be the same.  If the starter on your vehicle isn't doing it's job, you replace it, and right now our star players are not shinning to brightly.  Just because a player or coach has great potential doesn't make him a great player or college prospect, it's the performance that counts.  Right now either the system is broken, or the players on the field are not performing. I'll continue being a Blues fan no matter the record, but it's never easy supporting a team who has starters who don't seem to wnat to be playing.  Like Ryan said, if they don't have the heart to play, the results will be the same.  

11 hours ago, stu_bean said:

But with that thought, does it really mean as much if the team is down from their powerhouse days?

Yes, official changing of the guard so to speak. It wont mean as much down the road but here and now I think it does.

Its a statement type game imo: 28-21 doesn't say much, 41-7 says a lot. Regardless of what's going on with the program. 

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It’ll be awfully fun for the Ridgeview folks.  It’ll be the exact opposite of fun for the Richlands folks.

2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Richlands has been slightly trending toward some down years that most programs, even though great, will go through. Those down years are now........the here and now.

The loss of Snake in 2016 hurt the Richlands program. It was a detrimental decision & then hiring Wells over Davis after Mance left, proved to be catastrophic, the nail in the coffin so to speak. When you mess with what’s worked for years, the continuity of a successful program suffers in the long run. Tarter is a stand up guy & nothing bad to say about him. I hope the Blues come out fighting & have found the heart they’ve been missing this season. I’d like to see them make it a competitive game. 

5 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

First of all, let's not kid ourselves, the Blues have little chance of post season play, and yes, there are more games to play. 

They’re almost a mortal lock for the 4 seed in the SWD side. And if they bounce back and get a couple extra wins towards the end they could be the 3 seed. But it would take a monumental collapse for Marion to pass Richlands and knock the Blues out of the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Richlands  is about  as bad as ive seen...I'm not sure  they will  win another  game this season  and that's bad to say as bad as marion is playing should  be a win 4 sure..but not with  this bunch

Do you guys come to Union or do we go up there?

Hats off to Ridgeview. Helluva team. Really wish we caught that wide open touchdown to make it 21-14 just before half. We got the ball back and could have made it a more respectable game. Also dropped another TD pass in the endzone in the 3rd. 

I thought we played with more heart tonight than we have all season — we just played a better team. But they didn’t give up. They kept fighting. Players chasing guys on long runs in the 4th when the game was well over. More encouraged by the fact they kept playing than anything. 

13 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Hats off to Ridgeview. Helluva team. Really wish we caught that wide open touchdown to make it 21-14 just before half. We got the ball back and could have made it a more respectable game. Also dropped another TD pass in the endzone in the 3rd. 

I thought we played with more heart tonight than we have all season — we just played a better team. But they didn’t give up. They kept fighting. Players chasing guys on long runs in the 4th when the game was well over. More encouraged by the fact they kept playing than anything. 

That dropped TD pass before half was a dagger. Richlands had some momentum going at that point. Ridgeview jumped out to a big lead early but Richlands kept battling. If I'm Tarter I would feel a little better with the effort.

Guys, I think some of you are sugar coating it and not stating the obvious.  I keep reading where Richlands "heart isn't into it" and "they have quit."  These comments point to a mentality thing as the problem which is easily fixable in one year.  You and I both know the true problem and it's one some don't want to talk about because it's NOT fixable in one season.  It's not a mental thing.  Those kids haven't quit.  Their hearts ARE into it.  The problem...........they have a talent problem, period.  Every program goes through these spells and Richlands does NOT have the manpower of years past on the field and it's as simple as that.  Richlands can try as hard as they can, be mentally tough and totally into it, and the results of these games would be the same.  It's the elephant in the room I've seen few Richlands fans on here acknowledge.  It's to easy to blame it on a mental thing because it makes us feel better.  We feel better because we know a mental thing is a quick fix.  The problem is exactly as I stated above, and it's a 5 year or half of a decade fix which is only fixed when you get adequate talent again.