Backyard Brawl! Richlands @ Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

It’s gonna be a helluva game. If Richlands continues to act like they don’t care what the scoreboard looks like, it’s gonna be rough for them. With that being said, Tazewell is young, if Richlands comes with there head up and ready to play, I think they’ll win. Either way I don’t think it’s gonna be a far distance scoring game. 

I'm not sure  how this one plays out.but Richlands  has some  talent  on this team its no where near the talent  the Blues are use to having  in the past..But there talented enough  to keep  these games a lil closer.iv not seen teams  just do as they please  against the Blues  since the 90s.

Both teams have some talent, Webb obviously is the biggest asset for Richlands. If Creasy & Harris keep clicking, it might be hard for Richlands to manage a win. Mullins kid has had some good outings too. Richlands did better last night against a tough Ridgeview as far as not giving completely up. Tazewell could win by a couple TDs or it could come down to the final seconds. It’s going to be an exciting in county rivalry game regardless, Good luck to both teams. 

Both teams have played crazy difficult schedules thus far; coming into Week 6, both teams’ opponents’ combined records were something like 13-1.  Both teams have talented playmakers, though both teams are coming into this game from somewhat opposite directions.  I expect an emotional, even game where the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins.

16 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Both teams have played crazy difficult schedules thus far; coming into Week 6, both teams’ opponents’ combined records were something like 13-1.  Both teams have talented playmakers, though both teams are coming into this game from somewhat opposite directions.  I expect an emotional, even game where the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins.

Would give the edge to Richlands in this one.  Think they will definitely wear Tazewell down up front.  

@FoxTrot is probably right. Richlands will wear Tazewell down up front. The other side of the coin is Tazewell will probably pick Richlands secondary apart. As Carter/Harris/Mullins continue to work together the better they will get with time. Tazewell could very well be having a parade down Main St after Friday night.

I really think up front is gonna be a down side for the dawgs, but I still think they can and will pull it out. They are young, but they are talented. Carter Creasy is good, and only gonna get better. His total passing yards in 5 games is 1,361 yards. Which IMO is impressive for a 15 year Freshman quarterback. 

19 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I really think up front is gonna be a down side for the dawgs, but I still think they can and will pull it out. They are young, but they are talented. Carter Creasy is good, and only gonna get better. His total passing yards in 5 games is 1,361 yards. Which IMO is impressive for a 15 year Freshman quarterback. 

Is he a true freshman or a hold back? 

5 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

@FoxTrot is probably right. Richlands will wear Tazewell down up front. The other side of the coin is Tazewell will probably pick Richlands secondary apart. As Carter/Harris/Mullins continue to work together the better they will get with time. Tazewell could very well be having a parade down Main St after Friday night.

I would prefer a parade down the field.

2 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Impressive for a senior

Key to this game is stop the mistakes and don't get behind the sticks.  Even if all you can do is 4-5 yd completions, that's the same as running for that much.  Don't get into 3rd and long situations.  Passing came alive on Friday night and was a good way to build on that for this week.  Probably not going to run on Richlands but we don't really run anyway.  For years fans have been yelling out we can pass the ball too!  Well we got what we wanted this year on that.  Curious though, looks like rain in the forecast for Friday.  That can make for an interesting dynamic there as well.  Having won last year, they know they have the ability to do it now and this time it's at home.   

With all due respect the Tazewell QB that I saw vs Graham doesn't have the arm to pick anyone apart. He throws a decent short pass. But if Richlands line is pushing Tazewell's line back then he won't be able to throw. Richlands 35-21 IMO.

35 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

With all due respect the Tazewell QB that I saw vs Graham doesn't have the arm to pick anyone apart. He throws a decent short pass. But if Richlands line is pushing Tazewell's line back then he won't be able to throw. Richlands 35-21 IMO.

The Tazewell QB that you saw against Graham barely had time to take a 3-step drop, much less launch bombs.  I assure you, he's plenty and I do mean plenty capable of throwing deep.  I'd put his raw arm strength against any QB in SWVA right now.  Tazewell has faced two lines in Graham and Riverheads that present a far stiffer challenge than what he'll see Friday night.  That doesn't mean that Richlands won't be effective in their blitzing schemes, and I expect some sacks to come from it.  I just don't expect Richlands to have their way with Tazewell's lines.  A good mix of "strength-on-weakness".

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I hear you BR, but in reference to the Richlands line pushing back Tazewell's OL?  I'm not totally sold on that.  I would have surely thought that before the season started, but I actually think Tazewell's QB has plenty of time to throw, and not only that, in the overall 4 quarter game between these two opponents, I'm not sold Richlands gets the best of Tazewell up front.  I think Tazewell plays them even up on the LOS.   A 7 or 8 yard crossing/slant route or 12 yard "skinny" flag route can be detrimental for Richlands.  It might as well be a 20 yard buttonhook as having the same effect because once again, Richlands does not have the speed to cover in the secondary.  A 7 or 8 yards slant caught by Harris can easily and quickly turn into a 70 yd touchdown reception for Tazewell against Richlands.  Richlands will contain most of the passes and keep them short to the 4, 5, 6 maybe 7ish yd variety, but it only takes ONE, only one of those where one missed tackle and it's off to the races for Tazewell's WR's.  That's exactly what will happen in this game.  Tazewell scores over 30 points in this game.  

2 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

I hear you BR, but in reference to the Richlands line pushing back Tazewell's OL?  I'm not totally sold on that.  I would have surely thought that before the season started, but I actually think Tazewell's QB has plenty of time to throw, and not only that, in the overall 4 quarter game between these two opponents, I'm not sold Richlands gets the best of Tazewell up front.  I think Tazewell plays them even up on the LOS.   A 7 or 8 yard crossing/slant route or 12 yard "skinny" flag route can be detrimental for Richlands.  It might as well be a 20 yard buttonhook as having the same effect because once again, Richlands does not have the speed to cover in the secondary.  A 7 or 8 yards slant caught by Harris can easily and quickly turn into a 70 yd touchdown reception for Tazewell against Richlands.  Richlands will contain most of the passes and keep them short to the 4, 5, 6 maybe 7ish yd variety, but it only takes ONE, only one of those where one missed tackle and it's off to the races for Tazewell's WR's.  That's exactly what will happen in this game.  Tazewell scores over 30 points in this game.  

Let's hope this is the case as I think I can speak for every Tazewell fan that wants to see point put up on Richlands after they have been doing it to us for so many years.

13 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Let's hope this is the case as I think I can speak for every Tazewell fan that wants to see point put up on Richlands after they have been doing it to us for so many years.

I do believe that Richlands has a couple injuries on the line as well.

7 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The Tazewell QB that you saw against Graham barely had time to take a 3-step drop, much less launch bombs.  I assure you, he's plenty and I do mean plenty capable of throwing deep.  I'd put his raw arm strength against any QB in SWVA right now.  Tazewell has faced two lines in Graham and Riverheads that present a far stiffer challenge than what he'll see Friday night.  That doesn't mean that Richlands won't be effective in their blitzing schemes, and I expect some sacks to come from it.  I just don't expect Richlands to have their way with Tazewell's lines.  A good mix of "strength-on-weakness".

Agree.  The kid threw for nearly 400 yards against Riverheads.   

1 hour ago, V-Cats said:

If you asked me in August I would have said Richlands by a lot

But something has happened with Richlands it seems and Tazewell is vastly improved; give me the Dogs 21-14

Tazewell has played 3 very strong opponents in Graham, Riverheads and V-High.  Creasy has had over 900 yards of offense in the last 2 contests.  When he has time to throw, he is very accurate and he can throw the deep ball very well.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Tazewell has played 3 very strong opponents in Graham, Riverheads and V-High.  Creasy has had over 900 yards of offense in the last 2 contests.  When he has time to throw, he is very accurate and he can throw the deep ball very well.

To go along with what was said above, the more games he has played, the game is starting to slow down for him. He goes through all his pass options and if he has to he will beat you with his feet. He’s already broken a few Bulldogs records and will shatter more. Future is Bright for Carter. 

But on the game, will be last few minutes or seconds victory. 

23 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

To go along with what was said above, the more games he has played, the game is starting to slow down for him. He goes through all his pass options and if he has to he will beat you with his feet. He’s already broken a few Bulldogs records and will shatter more. Future is Bright for Carter. 

But on the game, will be last few minutes or seconds victory. 

He's broken Tazewell records and no doubt, he is very good.  An incredible freshman, but lets be realistic also.  Tazewell might.......might have DOUBLE the amount of passing attempts this year than any year in its football history.  There is hands down no question Tazewell by season's end, will easily have the most passing attempts for a Tazewell football team in the history of its existence, but they may have already broken that record literally right now, at this point in the season.  It's like a running back who gets 100 yds.  Yea, he got it, but he had 27 carries, etc.  Not to take away the Bulldog QB is who is clearly very good for a freshman and will be incredible his junior and senior year, but lets be honest here, they put the ball in the air not just a little bit, but a whole lot.