Week 7 updates

VHSLhelper

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

What was the call on the Ko when union player leveled the kid.  If it was helmet to helmet he couldn't help it the kid literally ducked

tbh I'm not sure, I never saw the signal. With the crew tonight they probably called tripping or some other insane call. They didn't seem to know the rules very well and let the game get way too chippy

1 minute ago, UnionBears84 said:

Wasn’t the cleanest game from Union. Ridgeview has some talented, athletic kids and from what I seen, they could be used a lot better. They were fortunate to keep this game close with Union tonight in my opinion. 

Yeah didn't feel like a 7 point game felt like Union was up 20 all night.  If they don't clean up the penalties and turnovers it's gonna come back and bite em eventually.  Well it already has vs graham

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah didn't feel like a 7 point game felt like Union was up 20 all night.  If they don't clean up the penalties and turnovers it's gonna come back and bite em eventually.  Well it already has vs graham

Outplayed Graham all night but the penalties killed us. Gonna have to play clean next week in Norton against the Warriors. This game sets up kinda like it did in 2019. 

Just now, UnionBears84 said:

Outplayed Graham all night but the penalties killed us. Gonna have to play clean next week in Norton against the Warriors. This game sets up kinda like it did in 2019. 

Hopefully they don't think it'll be easy because they lost 3 games because all have been to really good teams

Final Radford 36, Carroll County 7

I know Carroll County hasn't won, but they've been in a bunch of close games.  We looked the best we've looked by far this season.  Christiansburg is awesome, but we still looked a bunch different tonight that all season.  Roller Coaster Ride for the Bobcats.  This team has some very good speed and talent, but it's just hard to tell which team will show up.  Of course, playing Christiansburg this year will make lots of teams look bad.  

2 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

I would put boxing gloves on the lineman too many holds

Just now, goose111874 said:

Hopefully they don't think it'll be easy because they lost 3 games because all have been to really good teams

Surely they know it'll be a dogfight. Central will not pay lay down, esp to Union. They want revenge from last year.

But I'm actually optimistic, I felt like Union dominated tonight and let a few mistakes keep RV in the game. If they clean up a few things, they can really be dangerous in 2D.

5 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

No offense, but when Graham has 3 and 4 wide receivers running wide open all night, you aren't outplaying anyone, and when the Graham QB breaks past the line of scrimmage, he's looking to run over you or around and by you, and that's a bit different of a beast than the Ridgeview QB running the ball.

42 minutes ago, vtdavis4321 said:

You "couldn't" care less or You Could Not care less.  

When you write you could careless, well, this means you have a little bit of care about the situation.  Just sayin

About your statement just now.  I "couldln't" care less.

3 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

No offense, but when Graham has 3 and 4 wide receivers running wide open all night, you aren't outplaying anyone, and when the Graham QB breaks past the line of scrimmage, he's looking to run over you or around and by you, and that's a bit different of a beast than the Ridgeview QB running the ball.

Fair point. I’ll see your wide open receivers and raise you all the penalties that Union supposedly committed on all the big plays that were called back all night. 

3 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

Fair point. I’ll see your wide open receivers and raise you all the penalties that Union supposedly committed on all the big plays that were called back all night. 

No argument there, just saying Graham is a bit different of a beast. They have a running back that was getting his feet wet. Only a sophomore, they have the ability to score from anywhere on the field with the running back also. It's especially becoming more apparent as that kid gets more time and reps. Ridgeview and even Central with it's 3 losses might have something to say come playoff time. Both are very good like Union and Graham is.

24 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

Gosh, if I took my b/p I'm sure it's elevated.   The first half,  rain was the opponent of both teams, but the second half, both Blues and Dawgs were the "cardiac kids" for us viewers.  Tazewell has a  gem in Creasy.  A freshman with that football IQ, mobility and accurate arm, the Dawgs have a good one.  Honeycutt for the Blues, what a playmaker he is.  Don't know his grade, but I hope he's around for a couple more years.  Bandy the difference maker in this game with his leg.  Just a great game between two competitive 460 schools.  

Congrats to the Blues!

Best to the Dawgs! 

He really does look years ahead of his age. One thing i seen though, not sure if it was the bad video feed, but it looked like he doesn't bring the ball back far enough when he throws. Almost like hes pushing it. Very well could've been the bad video cuz it also looked like tazewell was moving before almost every snap and it was never called. 

18 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Okay Union didn't outplay them (I wouldn't agree with someone saying Graham outplayed Union either), but they had chances to ice the game and made mistakes that cost them. 

1 hour ago, THS6805 said:

From what I seen on nfhs. Yes I do. You can say what you want. My opinion stands on td. You won't change my mind. Good luck rest of year yall need it.

Just confirmed... The screen cuts away on the final play of the game on NFHS, so how you saw it... I'm not sure? 

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Okay Union didn't outplay them (I wouldn't agree with someone saying Graham outplayed Union either), but they had chances to ice the game and made mistakes that cost them. 

I thought Union outplayed them also but doesn't matter at all when you lose

I thought Rv was way too nervous in the first half. Unions d was good, but when they abandoned the run they were able to get going! The main problem was they couldn’t get Union off the field. Kudos to them they made the plays and front runner rv the second half. Luckily this is Rv’s least tough road game . The rest are at home till the playoffs. See note Union and Central will be extremely close next week!