Week 7 updates

VHSLhelper

1 minute ago, THS6805 said:

I could careless about parade. It's just a game. Now time move on to next game. 

You "couldn't" care less or You Could Not care less.  

When you write you could careless, well, this means you have a little bit of care about the situation.  Just sayin

1 minute ago, VHSLhelper said:

Sounded to me like some adults on the Dogs side might've deserved it.

Spurred by Richlands players waving gestures at them. Taunting opposing fans is something I don't condone and I would say the same if it was our players as well

5 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m not one bit upset. Yes I would’ve liked for it to be a little closer but that first quarter we went blow for blow with them. I knew when I watched film on them earlier this week that we was in trouble.  The bad news is that there best players are a freshman and a sophomore so we’ll have to take one on the chin again next season. 

It will help us come playoff time I bet...we came out with no injuries that's the main thing

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

It will help us come playoff time I bet...we came out with no injuries that's the main thing

That’s what I told dad with 5 mins left was that we made it through without a single injury. That’s a definite plus. Hopefully the boys can bounce back mentally. It’s tough giving up almost 70 points but I think we’ll be okay.

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

That’s what I told dad with 5 mins left was that we made it through without a single injury. That’s a definite plus. Hopefully the boys can bounce back mentally. It’s tough giving up almost 70 points but I think we’ll be okay.

We won't play anyone close to as good as them for a while...and yes riverheads and Galax included

6 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

PPD with the Cats up 13-0 in 1st

Assuming they play it Monday night, if they do finish up Monday night, that's a little advantage for Graham getting one more day of practice.  May not seem like much, but in close games, it can make all the difference.

Any Graham fans know what happened to the kid from Bluefield that took a swing at the Graham assistant coach?  By the way, two of those assistants are former pro football players if I'm not mistaken in Yubrenal Isabell and Ahmad Bradshaw.  Kid would have had to be somewhat foolish to swing at one of those two, and I believe Graham's offensive line coach played some Arena League football at offensive tackle, so all in all, not only was it a bad moral decision, probably a bad decision in judgement.  Bluefield's star player/running back didn't play the second half, was he the won that Allegedly took the swing?  I think it's important to use the word ALLEGEDLY.  I'm only going by what I listened to on the Graham radio broadcast.  It may not be true and I admit that.   

Gosh, if I took my b/p I'm sure it's elevated.   The first half,  rain was the opponent of both teams, but the second half, both Blues and Dawgs were the "cardiac kids" for us viewers.  Tazewell has a  gem in Creasy.  A freshman with that football IQ, mobility and accurate arm, the Dawgs have a good one.  Honeycutt for the Blues, what a playmaker he is.  Don't know his grade, but I hope he's around for a couple more years.  Bandy the difference maker in this game with his leg.  Just a great game between two competitive 460 schools.  

Congrats to the Blues!

Best to the Dawgs! 

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

Union got a gift on the pass interference call

I was standing right there. It was 100% interference. It was a fortune flag but the defender made contact before the ball got there. It was a clown show for the officials all night, both teams probably feel the stripes hurt them tonight. 

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I was standing right there. It was 100% interference. It was a fortune flag but the defender made contact before the ball got there. It was a clown show for the officials all night, both teams probably feel the stripes hurt them tonight. 

What was the call on the Ko when union player leveled the kid.  If it was helmet to helmet he couldn't help it the kid literally ducked

1 hour ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Just stupid athletes.  Literally, the wide receivers for Ridgeview have kept them in the game

Without Beavers, the game would have been a rout. The young QB for RV has excellent pocket awareness and is a very heady QB to be that young. He's gonna be special in couple years. But Beavers is electric, his speed is insane and he's very slippery. I thought Bunch, the Union QB, did a very good job covering him down field but he killed Union with his playmaking on the screens.

Union had several chances to put the game away in first half, two turnovers inside the 10, but Lomax did what he does in second half and Bears grinded out the W.