Week 11 updates

VHSLhelper

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

Coulda been a 100. Battle was so bad. 

They did play better first half than Gate City and Lee did though and never quit.  Tough kids just not enough of them.  May have had negative yards first half but played hard second half

4 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

They did play better first half than Gate City and Lee did though and never quit.  Tough kids just not enough of them.  May have had negative yards first half but played hard second half

Nothing but respect to those kids from Battle. 17 players. Most kids would have quit during this 0-10 season. Character is not revealed during times of comfort.,but in times of adversity. Most teams would have just forfeited. I salute each of those 17 young men on the visitor's side. The wonderful thing about sports is it teaches you life lessons. When these young men are grown and life gets tough (as it always does) these guys will remember not giving up. It will serve them well.

12 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Travis did a good job getting the Srs. A TD.  Jervis and Davis got there first ever tonight pretty sure

That's awesome. That's the purpose of a game like this. So happy for those kids. He was trying to get Davis a TD in first half with those fades near goal line

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

That's awesome. That's the purpose of a game like this. So happy for those kids. He was trying to get Davis a TD in first half with those fades near goal line

Yeah I seen him at half, he dropped 2 passes  but laughed them off glad he got 1

TW getting beat tonight by another terrible team U defeated, not a killer but definitely not helping anything.  Losing a game in September to graham, crucial.

Central steadily chugging along, no real bumps in the road yet?

Wolfpack too up/down week to week. 

VHS, not adjusting well to equal/ better competition.

RICHLANDS finding a groove?Changes the dynamics of the bracket quiet a bit.  Looks like a 3 horse race, 2 just happen to be on the same side. 

Playoffs bring a lot of surprises,  good luck to all. 

39 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

@Jollay, living rent free Why did FC coach get ejected at the GW/FC game? I heard he flipped off the GW fans as he left the field after being ejected. 

Not him but I’ll answer. He went berserk after what he thought was a late ol hit out of bounds on the Fort sideline. Overheard the refs saying on the way out that he was obnoxiously screaming for calls after every play already. 

And you heard correctly. While walking across the field on his way out instead of around it, holding up game play. So mad at the refs, he flew the GW stands a double fisted fly over. 

I laughed lol! But I know the guy. However most don’t and it’s wasn’t a good look. Those folks at the Fort love him for it, tho. 

2 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

Not him but I’ll answer. He went berserk after what he thought was a late ol hit out of bounds on the Fort sideline. Overheard the refs saying on the way out that he was obnoxiously screaming for calls after every play already. 

And you heard correctly. While walking across the field on his way out instead of around it, holding up game play. So mad at the refs, he flew the GW stands a double fisted fly over. 

I laughed lol! But I know the guy. However most don’t and it’s wasn’t a good look. Those folks at the Fort love him for it, tho. 

Looks like someone forgot their role as a role model for kids:(

Well for the mentality of a lot anymore, flipping off is a role model tactic, didn't throw fists.    I kid but too many don't have role models before they get to varsity level....or little league level

6 hours ago, gwloyal said:

Wow! That’s a bit off the rails. I’m sure it’s been a frustrating season at the Fort but definitely not a good look to finish out. Classy wins over assy. 

7 hours ago, gwloyal said:

He’s had a rough season with a bajillion unlucky breaks.  I actually feel for the guy.

34 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Wow! That’s a bit off the rails. I’m sure it’s been a frustrating season at the Fort but definitely not a good look to finish out. Classy wins over assy. 

It was complete frustration that turned into a temper tantrum. I know in his heart he feels like he was defending the players, and I know a few folks over at The Fort that have been taking up for him last night into this morning on socials. I don't care what you believe is right or wrong, you absolutely cannot let those meltdowns happen, whether you're a coach, player, referee, or fan. Like I said, I laughed at the shit show...but not everyone did. And the situation was getting close to a tipping point. The police had to finally go to his truck (he was parked on the track) and tell him to get his ass outta there. 

I have to add that the kids from Fort were very classy, however, and there was a lot of hugs and pats on the back between players of both teams after the game. Regardless of record, they played hard to the end.