Week 11 updates

VHSLhelper

9 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

John S Battle field , I love how close you are to the action, hate Central’s setup , you are too far away and the visitors stands are low , you just can’t see anything

Central's stadium is beautiful...until you try to watch a game in it. Like you said, feels like watching a baseball game...from behind the outfield fence.... while sitting in a chair.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Central's stadium is beautiful...until you try to watch a game in it. Like you said, feels like watching a baseball game...from behind the outfield fence.... while sitting in a chair.

I'll agree with Battle field. Loving it down here with the view and stands. Will find out about Central next week

33 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I'll agree with Battle field. Loving it down here with the view and stands. Will find out about Central next week

Went over there roughly 10 years ago and Battle thumped us.  I think it's the only time Giles and Battle have played from what I recall.  Great place to watch a game and one of the most underrated stadiums for High School Football in SWVA.

14 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Went over there roughly 10 years ago and Battle thumped us.  I think it's the only time Giles and Battle have played from what I recall.  Great place to watch a game and one of the most underrated stadiums for High School Football in SWVA.

2012. I was there. Sat on Giles' side. We were almost the first ones there, but the closer it got to game time, the Giles faithful filled the bleachers up. 

Good group of folks around us. We sat there as independent spectators, but were entertained and impressed by the support for the Spartans.

29 minutes ago, redtiger said:

That's the number 1 thing I miss from the old stadiums. Haysis stands were right on top of the action, Cummins stadium was nice too. 

Riggs stadium was nice as long as you were on home side.  Visitors bleachers were too low couldn't see over players on sideline if you sat low

30 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Incorrect.  Region C Div 2 Final on Battle Hill, Giles wore out JSB.  Micah Steele ran all over them.

5 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Battle has best fan viewing in M7. Its also the only stadium in the district that doesn't have a track going around it! I understand the need financially when built, but the tracks just hurt the stadiums.

8 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

8 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

2012. I was there. Sat on Giles' side. We were almost the first ones there, but the closer it got to game time, the Giles faithful filled the bleachers up. 

Good group of folks around us. We sat there as independent spectators, but were entertained and impressed by the support for the Spartans.

I was there too. That was a good Battle team and Giles wasn't bad either, just outmatched.