Graham Fans? Any truth on possible new transfer

BandanaVTDavis4321

One of my customers at work walks in to get a prescription filled, he's a regular, and he has a GMen hat on. We talk about football and Grahams chances/outlook and Giles chances/outlook. Then he drops some knowledge. He tells me the younger brother of former Graham ALL State running back Cousins (from a few years back) has moved back to Bluefield from the Charlotte area and will be on the field Friday night against Lee High. He did tell me "it's what he heard." He didn't sound 100% for certain.

If, and again, a big IF the above is true, well, the Gmen have likely added some more talent to their already abundant arsenal. P.S. This is the same customer that told me early on about the Clements kid coming to Graham, so he at least has a decent track record.

8 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

One of my customers at work walks in to get a prescription filled, he's a regular, and he has a GMen hat on. We talk about football and Grahams chances/outlook and Giles chances/outlook. Then he drops some knowledge. He tells me the younger brother of former Graham ALL State running back Cousins (from a few years back) has moved back to Bluefield from the Charlotte area and will be on the field Friday night against Lee High. He did tell me "it's what he heard." He didn't sound 100% for certain.

If, and again, a big IF the above is true, well, the Gmen have likely added some more talent to their already abundant arsenal. P.S. This is the same customer that told me early on about the Clements kid coming to Graham, so he at least has a decent track record.

I have not heard this but I hope it's true.

1 hour ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

How could he be eligible to play after transferring this late

10 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

How could he be eligible to play after transferring this late

Galax had a kid move to town in October a few years ago. He played on Friday nigh in Elkin, NC for the Elks and the following Friday night in Wytheville for Galax. I'm not sure how that makes any sense, but apparently it's legal. 

I thought the VHSLrule was "if you competed in another state in a sport,you could not play in that sport until the following season'????or is that for in state transfers only????.There is a big risk there too, just ask GRAHAM CLARK (FORMER DB COACH AND AT THE TIME CHILHOWIE COACH, he had a kid transfer in late and only used on the kickoff teams, he was found to be outside the eligible guild lines ,so they forfeited 10 games that year and they should have won state

I just read that the athlete must live with a parent, no aunts uncles,gradpaws ect,So if they move it looks like he may be able to play. IT IS STILL A HUGE RISK waiting on grades conduct records and TEAM CHEMISTRY,some of the other players working out all summer and then some newbie takes their spot on the depth chart????

29 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I thought the VHSLrule was "if you competed in another state in a sport,you could not play in that sport until the following season'????or is that for in state transfers only????.There is a big risk there too, just ask GRAHAM CLARK (FORMER DB COACH AND AT THE TIME CHILHOWIE COACH, he had a kid transfer in late and only used on the kickoff teams, he was found to be outside the eligible guild lines ,so they forfeited 10 games that year and they should have won state

That's for in state.  Out of state, if living with parent, kid can play.  And........according to the fellow I spoke with, he's better than his brother.  Again, purely what I was told.  I certainly haven't seen the kid play, but the gentlemen told me he is actually BETTER than his brother, and I remember his brother.  His brother  Jamorya Cousin I think rushed for around 2,000 yds two times at Graham, and he was the real deal.  All-Stater, so IF, again...big IF it is true, he's not the kind of kid that's going to just be on the kickoff team.  He's an instant contributor.  I'm just writing exactly what I was told.  I have ZERO idea if the above is true or false, but the guy that told me this is the same one that told me about the Clements kid coming to Graham, and that was early on (before Clements actually got to Graham).  

29 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Galax had a kid move to town in October a few years ago. He played on Friday nigh in Elkin, NC for the Elks and the following Friday night in Wytheville for Galax. I'm not sure how that makes any sense, but apparently it's legal. 

I didn't think he got to play right away because of his old high school doing something but he moved here from out of state with his parents so I think he was eligible right away but I might be wrong. Heck I can't remember much about yesterday much less a few years ago....haha

1 minute ago, MT FAN 91 said:

I didn't think he got to play right away because of his old high school doing something but he moved here from out of state with his parents so I think he was eligible right away but I might be wrong. Heck I can't remember much about yesterday much less a few years ago....haha

Correct

5 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Fails the smell test here too.  Also, why risk ruining the chemistry at this point?  Clements has done superbly this year.  Doesn’t seem like a platoon would be a benefit

Maybe the kid is coming next season?  Clements is really coming into his own & he’s going to be something really special in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

I think they got 3 kids and they won't be eligible to play until next week as long as Graham wins. My buddy told me they were absolute beasts!

😂😂😂😂😂 While we’re at it, so heard Tom Brady’s nephew is coming to play QB so Blevins can focus on being solely RB on offense and Terry Bradshaw is going to consult up in the press box. I’m not sure but I heard Blake Shelton is singing the National Anthem Friday night too! 

The "Bri'Quan Harrell" transfer rule could possibly come into play. Some may recall the story. Harrell played QB/DB at Western Branch in 2017 during the regular season and didn't qualify for the playoffs. He apparently made a bona fide move to Oscar Smith three days before their state semi-final game against Colonial Forge. Oscar Smith beat Colonial Forge in the semis in double OT with Harrell possibly making a difference in the outcome. VHSL closed the loophole to prevent a player from playing in the regular season with one team and the post season with another. I'm not sure if it applies to out-of-state transfers.

10 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

The "Bri'Quan Harrell" transfer rule could possibly come into play. Some may recall the story. Harrell played QB/DB at Western Branch in 2017 during the regular season and didn't qualify for the playoffs. He apparently made a bona fide move to Oscar Smith three days before their state semi-final game against Colonial Forge. Oscar Smith beat Colonial Forge in the semis in double OT with Harrell possibly making a difference in the outcome. VHSL closed the loophole to prevent a player from playing in the regular season with one team and the post season with another. I'm not sure if it applies to out-of-state transfers.

I remember that.  Pissed off a few people too