Playoff Updates - Week 3.

Real Sasquatch

Just now, sup_rbeast said:

He has his team at 13-0 for the first time in the history of the school, so I was just curious.

You get no argument from me. He’s done a great job for Holston. My comment was just a joke that regular posters will get, lol. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You get no argument from me. He’s done a great job for Holston. My comment was just a joke that regular posters will get, lol. 

I remember all about it..lol. Still, just asking. As long as he was dragged on here, maybe it’s time for an “atta boy”.

31 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

And maybe it was.  Coaches improve just like players do.  Ask Phil Robbins

And maybe it’s the talent,or lack of it , John Battle vs Powell Valley hummmm, I will take PV  for the win and Gate City still has a lot of work to do

3 minutes ago, GMan said:

I read that and was thinking the same... he's picking on the wrong Blue...

That’s what I was thinking lol. In that legendary thread the only thing I ever said was that the lack of talent was the issue at GC, not the coach. I realize he took the fall for the programs drop off, but in hindsight GC hasn’t gotten any better in the 3 seasons since Akers was booted. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

That’s what I was thinking lol. In that legendary thread the only thing I ever said was that the lack of talent was the issue at GC, not the coach. I realize he took the fall for the programs drop off, but in hindsight GC hasn’t gotten any better in the 3 seasons since Akers was booted. 

Nobody is picking on you, it was a joke. I thought I recalled a comment in another thread where you said something about “that name” can’t be mentioned. I’m probably remembering incorrectly. No one takes any of us seriously. We’re just a bunch of guys maybe some gals that have fun talking football. We all enjoyed the longest thread in history at Aker’s expense. The truth is the thread ended up having very little to even do with him but we all enjoyed the fact it kept going and going at his expense. I think a lot of the posts were probably more about fans or lack of talent than him. He’s obviously done a great job at Holston and I’m sure we would all be thrilled if by some miracle he managed to bring a title back to SWVA, not a jab on him, it’s just we all know the Riverheads roll no matter who they face barring a miracle, of course.

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Nobody is picking on you, it was a joke. I thought I recalled a comment in another thread where you said something about “that name” can’t be mentioned. I’m probably remembering incorrectly. No one takes any of us seriously. We’re just a bunch of guys maybe some gals that have fun talking football. We all enjoyed the longest thread in history at Aker’s expense. The truth is the thread ended up having very little to even do with him but we all enjoyed the fact it kept going and going at his expense. I think a lot of the posts were probably more about fans or lack of talent than him. He’s obviously done a great job at Holston and I’m sure we would all be thrilled if by some miracle he managed to bring a title back to SWVA, not a jab on him, it’s just we all know the Riverheads roll no matter who they face barring a miracle, of course.

I never said I thought you were picking on me? I was just confused on how I was associated with Akers lol. 

13 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

And maybe it’s the talent,or lack of it , John Battle vs Powell Valley hummmm, I will take PV  for the win and Gate City still has a lot of work to do

Correct.  Agree with that also.  My point is, like most conundrums in life, it's usually not all or none, black or white.  It's somewhere in the middle.  Gate City had talent issues and Akers was a new coach.  Bot were contributors to the poor seasons in my opinion.

Ridgeview marches right down the field. 3rd and goal from the 19. TD pass called back. Next play 3rd and goal from the 24. Touchdown. Every completion was to a WIIIIIIIDE open receiver.

Ridgeview - 7

Graham - 0

6:43

1st