Appomattox/Graham II, Electric Boogaloo

Deleted Account

25 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Unfortunately, I’m going to be in Pigeon Forge next weekend. I’ve been trying to convince the lady to let me come back Saturday for this game then drive back to TN afterwards. My chances are looking slim so it may just be a NFHS type night for me. 

I’ll be there as well. I’ve been to 25 of the last 27 Gatlinburg Christmas parades. 

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

It’ll be my first time ever going there in December! 

If you’re going down on Friday, try to catch the parade. It’s at 7 I believe. Starts at the red light there where Ol Red is and finishes up by Bubba Gumps. It will have about a dozen bands and the big balloons and such. Really cool parade. 

9 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

If you’re going down on Friday, try to catch the parade. It’s at 7 I believe. Starts at the red light there where Ol Red is and finishes up by Bubba Gumps. It will have about a dozen bands and the big balloons and such. Really cool parade. 

Yea we’re going down Friday morning. My lady and her family go every year for the parade so I’ll get to see it this year!

I’ve watched a couple of videos of Appomattox and they have a great team and seem to like to run more which I think benefits Graham defense. I expect they will plan to mix it up. In the Glenvar game, Appomattox had their way with Glenvar’s defense with the run. Glenvar LB were lined up way to close to the line and over pursued. They will see a much better LB duo with Hughes and Meadows with Graham. They had a heck of a game against Ridgeview and have just improved every game. It’s going to be a close game. 

Interesting game,  think it'll be close but the qb from appo may be the difference.  They've got a much better run game than the pack but Graham defense getting better when it counts. Glenvar and Radford exposed some holes in appo defense but couldn't come up with stops. Special teams more critical than ever.

G24

A23

OT

Bradshaw will be the key,if Appomattox uses two he will be used as a decoy, if it’s single coverage it will be a lot of dinks and dunks with Bradshaw one on one after he catches it, it may be a five wide game for the GMEN .

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Unfortunately, I’m going to be in Pigeon Forge next weekend. I’ve been trying to convince the lady to let me come back Saturday for this game then drive back to TN afterwards. My chances are looking slim so it may just be a NFHS type night for me. 

Shame you can’t come to cheer on the Raiders. 😆 

20 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

As I’ve said before, I respect what they’ve done over the years but I don’t think I could ever cheer them on 😂 Them banning my train horn turned me into a petty person lol 

I know. Thanks for the support and prayers for Coach you talked about. 
couldn’t resist the petty jab there. 
Safe travels. 

Two words.  Go Appo!

I know it just gets under the skin of Gridiron60 so bad when I say that.

Plus, I'm just a cocky heel like that.  I'm more of a heel than MJF in AEW wrestling.  Lol.

Safe travels to you BoBob if you're making the trip.  If D-B didn't have a basketball game Saturday, I would be making the trip for the second week in a row to Bluefield to sit with you in the stands.

5 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Safe travels to you BoBob if you're making the trip.  If D-B didn't have a basketball game Saturday, I would be making the trip for the second week in a row to Bluefield to sit with you in the stands.

Thanks!  I'll be there!

Won't be at the game but I gotta pull for Gmen in this one, no offense to Appo folks, you guys have a great program, and my prayers are there for your Coach, but SWD sticks together.  Graham and Richlands are like two brothers, they can kick the stuffings out of each other, but they will also stand up for each other when another comes on the attack.  Wish all Appo fans good luck and safe travels, but G-men will rule in this one, and finally a SWD team will defeat Appo. (IMO)

2 hours ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

G-men will rule in this one, and finally a SWD team will defeat Appo. (IMO)

I hope you're right but Graham will need their best game of the season to walk away the winner. We cannot afford blown coverage, missed assignments, penalties, etc. We need all hands on deck & focused. Appomattox is a tough out but fingers crossed  GMen can win 🤞

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I hope you're right but Graham will need their best game of the season to walk away the winner. We cannot afford blown coverage, missed assignments, penalties, etc. We need all hands on deck & focused. Appomattox is a tough out but fingers crossed  GMen can win 🤞

Tony Palmer can show them all the film in the world but I would for sure show them 2019. Yes I know its not the same team but 3 blown coverages costed them a chance at back to back titles. 

Good Sign for Graham, end of first quarter and Appo with very little rushing yards.  Bad sign for Graham, end of first quarter and Appo is getting chuncks on the ground.  <------I know, this is an obvious "duh" statement, but it needs restated here because in 2019, aside from the blown coverages and questionable officiating, Graham got gashed on the ground.  If I'm not mistaken, Appo had close to 300 yds on the ground.  If you give up more than 250 on the ground in High School, you are usually losing.  The exception to that is critical turnovers like Union against Graham in their first matchup this season.  Appo in all of their wins over these years, sure special teams have been big, but they love to run the ball and then set up the pass.  If they aren't running the ball effectively, it's hard to set up the pass.  If Appo can't run against 7 in the box for Graham, Graham's in good shape.  If Appo can run against 7 in the box and forces Graham to add 8 in the box, it's a bad sign for the G-Men.  Only my opinion.

For Graham, it's a bit differenct on the offensive side of the ball compared to the above.  Graham's passing game is explosive enough to where they don't necessarily have to be effective in the run game with 7 in the box.  If a defense has only 7 in the box and stops Graham's run, Graham is explosive enough in the passing game to still move the ball effectively.  IF, and a big IF Graham is able to run on a team that has only 7 in the box, that team is in for a long day because it really opens up Graham's passing game.