Which matchups are you looking forward to?

Real Sasquatch

11 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Question, because I don't know, is Bullit Park a high school stadium or owned otherwise?

The stadium was originally built as the home of the Big Stone Gap Buccaneers. When BSG and East Stone Gap consolidated to form Powell Valley, the Vikings continued to use it as their home. The home bleachers and press box were expanded some time in the 80s. The visitor bleachers were replaced after the tornado hit in 2008. The town technically owns the park and stadium, but leases it to the school for $1 per year (that's what it was in the mid 90s at least).

Olive Branch (MS) is one of the nicer stadiums we've been to. It's located in a residential area, as is the school. The night we were there, they were playing South Panola. That was the best high school team I've ever seen in person. They finished 15-0 and ranked #2 in the USA Today poll.

9818409_e6cff27436104158970f5a7df8119302

IMHO, a high school stadium in its truest form would be an on-campus stadium owned by the school system itself. Stadiums used by Salem and Virginia High seem to be a degree removed from that standard in that they're owned by the parent political subdivisions (i.e. Cities of Salem and Bristol) rather than the school system itself. Union would be another degree removed in that WCSB leases the stadium from the Town of Big Stone Gap. Graham is yet another step removed in that TCSB leases a shared stadium that's not only out-of-town but is out-of-state. 

8 hours ago, frito gonzales said:

Any truth to the rumor of Graham vs Beibers being played on Saturday afternoon??

Why would there be a rumor about moving it? I trust Real Sasquatch that this rumor is untrue. My question is.....WHY would a rumor get started that would make someone think or believe the game would be moved to Saturday? Bluefield College, Bluefield State, some other reason or consideration, more practice time needed? Most reasonable people would never consider a rumor without some type of Reason as to why or how the rumor could be true.

For example, let's say I wanted to start a rumor and simply declare that Gate City vs Richlands will be moved to Monday night. Few people imo, would simply accept that without some reason (whether true or false) for why the game is moved. 

23 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

I believe the paper, Bluefield Daily Waste of Time, did an article on the game and the city's surrounding events. The paper listed the game date and events as the 27th. There are events happening the 27th but it is not the game. #rumorhasit

Got it. The BDT up there in Big Blue has really gone all to crap  It's a shell of its former self of 30 years ago.  

Lil’ Leonard here folks. Uncle Percy has placed North Cross at Giles on the traveling schedule. We’ve never seen North Cross play. Uncle Percy says we could score a Double Whammy with this game. Team we’ve never seen play, North Cross and a Slobber Knocker Smackdown put on Giles. 

1 hour ago, Knightfan 93 said:

Mv would still be playing Tazewell if they would have given them a home. Mv had to go play them twice with both of them being at Tazewell. They would never come to mv. 

That’s interesting considering Tazewell had every intention on coming to Mount View this season until MV ran to Buffalo instead without informing any one

47 minutes ago, EH31 said:

That’s interesting considering Tazewell had every intention on coming to Mount View this season until MV ran to Buffalo instead without informing any one

it was a 2 yr contract. The first year was at Tazewell with 2nd year being at mv but covid hit. The following year mrs. Saunders was contacted about Tazewell keeping the game with mv. She said yes only if mv came to Tazewell. We agreed just so we could have a game and not lose out on one. But all things pushed aside they should have came to us. 

12 hours ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

Lil’ Leonard here folks. Uncle Percy has placed North Cross at Giles on the traveling schedule. We’ve never seen North Cross play. Uncle Percy says we could score a Double Whammy with this game. Team we’ve never seen play, North Cross and a Slobber Knocker Smackdown put on Giles. 

So you don't like giles I take it haha 

2 hours ago, Knightfan 93 said:

it was a 2 yr contract. The first year was at Tazewell with 2nd year being at mv but covid hit. The following year mrs. Saunders was contacted about Tazewell keeping the game with mv. She said yes only if mv came to Tazewell. We agreed just so we could have a game and not lose out on one. But all things pushed aside they should have came to us. 

I have to respectfully disagree.  

2 hours ago, Knightfan 93 said:

Disagree all you want cause I was in on the conversations. 

OK, because I "want" a whole lot of disagree.  Whatever conversation you were "in on" is not the point.  I dont think Tazewell should have come to Mount View after the COVID year.  I think that would have left them with only 4 home games. Teams need to 5 home games to pay for the program.  I think it was very reasonable.  MV could have refused the request and didn't.  Mt. View scheduled somebody else this year.  Probably worked out best for both teams, but I don't see the programs playing each other in the near future.

11 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

OK, because I "want" a whole lot of disagree.  Whatever conversation you were "in on" is not the point.  I dont think Tazewell should have come to Mount View after the COVID year.  I think that would have left them with only 4 home games. Teams need to 5 home games to pay for the program.  I think it was very reasonable.  MV could have refused the request and didn't.  Mt. View scheduled somebody else this year.  Probably worked out best for both teams, but I don't see the programs playing each other in the near future.

Yea probably is the best cause a contract is a contract each team gets a home game. But oh well it’s in the past. Hope y’all have a good season. 

On 7/23/2022 at 12:39 PM, Knightfan 93 said:

Again, Tazewell had every intention to do so until MV left Tazewell in the lurch. That, and your team’s antics in 2021, burned the bridges.

Best of luck this season and in the future.

23 hours ago, Knightfan 93 said:

Yea probably is the best cause a contract is a contract each team gets a home game. But oh well it’s in the past. Hope y’all have a good season. 

Unfortunately covid caused a lot of things to go to hell in a handcart.  WV went ahead and played fall season.  VA did a weird spring season.  ADs had their hands full trying to piece things back together after that disaster of a year.

Lil’ Leonard here. Uncle Percy has decided that we are going to Bluefield on Sept. 30 to watch Mr. G-Man’s Revenuers put the Tombstone Piledriver on George Wythe. Uncle Percy was hesitant about pickin’ this game. He was Afraid George Wythe might come up with one of their famous “half @r$e” excuses to get out of playing it. We’ll probably be in Bluefield on Aug. 26., good game and a great 50/50. 

On 7/21/2022 at 7:51 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Why would there be a rumor about moving it? I trust Real Sasquatch that this rumor is untrue. My question is.....WHY would a rumor get started that would make someone think or believe the game would be moved to Saturday? Bluefield College, Bluefield State, some other reason or consideration, more practice time needed? Most reasonable people would never consider a rumor without some type of Reason as to why or how the rumor could be true.

For example, let's say I wanted to start a rumor and simply declare that Gate City vs Richlands will be moved to Monday night. Few people imo, would simply accept that without some reason (whether true or false) for why the game is moved. 

Could be a ref issue 

1 hour ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

Lil’ Leonard here. Uncle Percy has decided that we are going to Bluefield on Sept. 30 to watch Mr. G-Man’s Revenuers put the Tombstone Piledriver on George Wythe. Uncle Percy was hesitant about pickin’ this game. He was Afraid George Wythe might come up with one of their famous “half @r$e” excuses to get out of playing it. We’ll probably be in Bluefield on Aug. 26., good game and a great 50/50. 

Well don’t put it past our coaches to back out! Heard we had river heads lined up but powers that be backed out and now these kids are left with 9 games more than likely will be 8 because auburn will likely fold. So it’s disappointing to say the least. They are putting all there hope into Covington canceling their season to pick up parry McClure! I say  Stick your neck out there and play games there’s a small chance to win! That makes us no better than bland who’s everyone bitched about canceling district play at least they are trying to rebuild their program.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, on the topic. I’m a Tazewell fan. So as of any Tazewell fan, I’m looking forward to the Backyard Brawl! I asked off for the Friday of this game. Though I’ll miss every other game due to work. Best believe I’ll have Chase and jimmy blaring on my radio! Go dawgs!!