Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

12 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

Whoever scores the most points at the end of the game. 

It could be Union. It could be Graham. I really don’t know. 

That is a very astute take, a little indecisive but still true. 😂

It doesn't make a dam* difference who I pick because picking games this season is near dang impossible.  I've never seen anything like this in 15, maybe 20 years as far as very surprising scores.  I swear, if Union wins 35 to 7, I am not surprised.  If Graham wins 35-7, I am not surprised anymore by the looks of this season.  Near dang anything can happen and the way this season is going, it will.  

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It doesn't make a dam* difference who I pick because picking games this season is near dang impossible.  I've never seen anything like this in 15, maybe 20 years as far as very surprising scores.  I swear, if Union wins 35 to 7, I am not surprised.  If Graham wins 35-7, I am not surprised anymore by the looks of this season.  Near dang anything can happen and the way this season is going, it will.  

CalPreps which I don’t know the accuracy of those projections has Union 28-Graham 27.  I feel like it will be a barn burner but this group could completely fall apart.  Not sure how they will handle the atmosphere & pressure at Bullit Park. 

Just now, UVAObserver said:

First one to 10 wins, and I’m not joking. I expect a 17-7 kind of game.  Neither offense will knock your socks off, and both defenses will absolutely knock your socks off.

Agree.  I think Graham had about 10 sacks tonight.  I would like to know the official count.

1 minute ago, SwvaOG said:

Is the difference in this game Union having the faster QB?

I think that absolutely helps and will give Union a slight boost in trying to convert in third down situations. But I worry that Graham is more dynamic and could score quick and get Union down 14 and then the offense quickly falls apart, a la last years playoff game. 

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Agree.  I think Graham had about 10 sacks tonight.  I would like to know the official count.

The radio guy said on postgame comments 9 sacks. I’m not sure if that’s accurate but it was a heck of a lot. The D line was on point tonight. Graham has some freshmen making some waves too. I still think it will be tough next week & hope we end up with at least a point more when the clock hits 00:00. 

This game will be decided by penalties for the teams on offense and turnovers.  Both teams run it a lot.  This means both teams with fewer overall possessions.  That means.....little margin for error when on offense.  A run team hates 2nd and 20 due to a holding call.  It cripples their drive.  A run team hates a turnover after driving 50 yds and killing 5 minutes of clock only to get nothing.  Graham is a little more dynamic passing than Union, so I favor them because of this, but that's about it.  Toss up type game.  

Turnovers and the team on offense that gets holding calls that destroys their already limited offensive possessions will decide it in my opinion.

• GMan locked this topic