Union @ Gate City

Queue

On 9/19/2022 at 5:31 PM, Dawg01 said:

Unfortunately Gate City will keep this 1 closer then the experts think. Maybe even upset the bears. Reason I say this. Well 1st Union has no threat of passing game so the devils should put all 11 in the box and just tee off. 2nd Union has no pass defense except for #4 Huff kid. The 2 corners for 1 to be a 3 year starter and still have problems covering and the other 1 is starting both ways a redshirt freshman well we all know why he is playing both ways. Daddy ball kid is good but not both way starter good. If you don't think I'm right about daddyball go watch the tape and look at unions sideline after each play or during a timeout or even the start of game 10 kids with the defensive coach and said kid with daddy. 

Boy did I not call this 1. Union 5 and 5 at best.

On 9/19/2022 at 5:31 PM, Dawg01 said:

Unfortunately Gate City will keep this 1 closer then the experts think. Maybe even upset the bears. Reason I say this. Well 1st Union has no threat of passing game so the devils should put all 11 in the box and just tee off. 2nd Union has no pass defense except for #4 Huff kid. The 2 corners for 1 to be a 3 year starter and still have problems covering and the other 1 is starting both ways a redshirt freshman well we all know why he is playing both ways. Daddy ball kid is good but not both way starter good. If you don't think I'm right about daddyball go watch the tape and look at unions sideline after each play or during a timeout or even the start of game 10 kids with the defensive coach and said kid with daddy. 

Boy did I not call this 1. Union 5 and 5 at best.

Awful performance from Union tonight. GC outplayed them in nearly every facet of the game.

Embarrassing really, and every bit of it falls on the coaching staff.

GC earned this victory tonight. They have made huge strides since the Richlands game. As usual, the Bears are in their mid season regression.

Hat's off to the Blue Devils.

3 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Also just wanted to say I feel the game tonight was the biggest collapse I’ve seen in person since Union beat Richlands with a pick 6 as time expired 9 years ago. 

And that is 100% on the coaches. With all the talent and speed they have, but can only muster up a handful of plays, no passing game and 16 pts.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

And that is 100% on the coaches. With all the talent and speed they have, but can only muster up a handful of plays, no passing game and 16 pts.

Agreed. The passing game is literally non existent. I’d say single wing teams throw it better. And you have an ELITE yes ELITE thrower of the football at the class 2 level standing on the sideline. 

Gate city executed,  adjusted,  and executed some more.  Caught some breaks,  but kept coming like they should and got a good win.  Union still struggling to find an identity offensively. If the T is what you're good at,  stick with it and add wrinkles as you go.  Might be past time to rotate a few more in the game.  Want a well oiled machine,  replace the defective parts.  Good luck to both the rest of the way.  Maybe a November rematch.

Wow. My pick was the Calpreps score.  Calpreps had it at 41-12, so I went with it and Missed big. Gate City is one fickle team, but is obviously well coached and growing up fast. That 8th grade class from last year was nasty at GC and they have bigtime talent coming up that is perfectly timed with Houseright. GC is dangerous in the future and looks like it MIGHT..keyword MIGHT be getting back to old form. Still a ways to go.

Good grief! Pretty sure the yard didn’t get mown last week. Go fire up that mower & cut the grass, boys!

I can’t speak for other Graham fans. Bottom line, a win is a win and a loss is a loss.   The margin of victory isn’t of much consequence to me. Good luck to Union & Gate City for the remainder of the season. 

FYI: One doesn’t always have to have the last word but I understand some of you can’t help it. Reminds me of my first marriage 😂😂😂