Week 5 Scores & Updates

Gridiron60

6 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Your argument. Giles talent level is the same as 10 years ago and the problem is the coaches. The coach was once solid,, but now is not good. That makes you.........not smart. Everything that has followed has been meaningless babble and you sir, are soon to get the hammer. 

Let's go Brandon. Somebody has different opinions than yours, bring the hammer to silence them . You going to report me to the DOJ? You going to get the FBI to raid my home and take my PC and cell phone? You going to report me to The Big Guy cause I called you Cliff Clavin? What a joke you are

10 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Your argument. Giles talent level is the same as 10 years ago and the problem is the coaches. The coach was once solid,, but now is not good. That makes you.........not smart. Everything that has followed has been meaningless babble and you sir, are soon to get the hammer. 

Is it not possible that a coach nearing retirement could be burned out? Not adapting to the game? Not putting forth the 365 days a year effort as he did when he was younger and more hungry? To think that's not possible makes you ...not smart. 

16 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Is it not possible that a coach nearing retirement could be burned out? Not adapting to the game? Not putting forth the 365 days a year effort as he did when he was younger and more hungry? To think that's not possible makes you ...not smart. 

What's more plausible is not 'what's possible", but what is Obvious and clearly in front of your eyeballs. Our talent level is nowhere close to what it once was, and home fans and away and neutral fans have been commenting on it on this board for years. 

28 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Watch it 23 man. He might bring the hammer on you. He can't repost one single quote of anybody saying the talent level is at or above what it's always been. But just implies that is what is being debated here. And it's not. Participation is down, so naturally talent is down. But it's like that just about every school in the area. So maybe, just maybe there's other factors in play. We should all be able to give our opinions. Period.

45 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I can kinda see why the Narrows folks are hesitant to consolidate😂

You are ALWAYS going to have that small crowd that will constantly blame coaching. They are in every town. They are on every message board. From Giles, I present the two tokens....Stranger danger (who's time here is limited) and 1wingit23.  We've seen a couple from Appalachia/Big Stone wanting Turner fired. The world is full of tokens. It's scary though...we let em drive and vote. Thank God we don't let em become nuclear power plant operators.

11 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You are ALWAYS going to have that small crowd that will constantly blame coaching. They are in every town. They are on every message board. From Giles, I present the two tokens....Stranger danger (who's time here is limited) and 1wingit23.  We've seen a couple from Appalachia/Big Stone wanting Turner fired. The world is full of tokens. It's scary though...we let em drive and vote. Thank God we don't let em become nuclear power plant operators.

We've had some at Radford for years. We had people wanting Coach Lineberg gone and you could never please em. Even at the booster meetings, always an argument or complaint. Long on problems and short on solutions.

2 hours ago, Stranger danger said:

Wrong Cliff. Haven't lost anything. 23 man posts stats, numbers, facts and history, but you say he only posts off emotions. Appears to me you are the one posting on emotion. Explain this one thing, and try to do it with no word salad, and less than 500 words. Why, under Ragsdale, was there never a 3,4,5 year low talent cycle? Playing in bigger divisions, bigger better districts, far tougher schedules? I'm sure this will be good.

Celenese losing workers which had to move is part(not all) of it

5 hours ago, Stranger danger said:

Wrong Cliff. 

Not sure if this is intended to be "doxing" or not but if it is, I suggest you read the terms of service you agreed to when joining the board. 

Keep it classy and keep personal BS like calling people out by name off the Board. I don't have the authority to ban you but I know who does and I'm sure he won't hesitate. Childish and quite cowardly to call someone out by name while hiding behind a screenname!!!

25 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Not sure if this is intended to be "doxing" or not but if it is, I suggest you read the terms of service you agreed to when joining the board. 

Keep it classy and keep personal BS like calling people out by name off the Board. I don't have the authority to ban you but I know who does and I'm sure he won't hesitate. Childish and quite cowardly to call someone out by name while hiding behind a screenname!!!

You completely misread or misinterpreted what the "Cliff" comment was referring too. He referred to him as Cliff Clavin in a previous post and if you aren't aware who that is you should look it up. It was clearly meant to be a joke

1 hour ago, 1Wingit23 said:

You completely misread or misinterpreted what the "Cliff" comment was referring too. He referred to him as Cliff Clavin in a previous post and if you aren't aware who that is you should look it up. It was clearly meant to be a joke

Right....It's a little known fact 🙂 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

You didn't get the joke. Maybe you're not old enough. I don't know who the guy is, and would never call out anybody by name on this board or any other. 

8 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm going to quote your post from a year ago to show your own ignorance and how you have pretty much proved my current point. "We got 6 sophomores playing on both sides of the ball this year and sometimes 7. We are going to be better for sure. Again, I told you this awhile back, the weight room is where the most improvement can come. Sophomores are not fully physically mature yet. They usually have much more physical growth from the start of their sophomore years and on through summer by the time they are juniors. I said at the beginning of the year We will play for the region and lose to Galax closer than than game one was. I think us and Galax have a nail biter to decide the region title next year" end quote...boy did that age well lol So fast forward a few months and now you say we are low on talent etc?? Your a freaking clown dude! 

7 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

I'm going to quote your post from a year ago to show your own ignorance and how you have pretty much proved my current point. "We got 6 sophomores playing on both sides of the ball this year and sometimes 7. We are going to be better for sure. Again, I told you this awhile back, the weight room is where the most improvement can come. Sophomores are not fully physically mature yet. They usually have much more physical growth from the start of their sophomore years and on through summer by the time they are juniors. I said at the beginning of the year We will play for the region and lose to Galax closer than than game one was. I think us and Galax have a nail biter to decide the region title next year" end quote...boy did that age well lol So fast forward a few months and now you say we are low on talent etc?? Your a freaking clown dude! 

I'm just curious so don't get take this as a jab.

What is your recommendation to fix Giles? Several of the Union guys on here have taken heat for complaining about their coaching staff. Not gonna lie I've given them a little grief myself. But.........they have made some very valid points about personnel, play calling, etc. Maybe you have mentioned it and I haven't seen it. To me before you talk trash about a coaching staff i ask myself who on the sideline or on the field already would do a better job than the person currently there. Most of the time the answer is nobody. 

8 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

So what happened to this bold prediction?? All those kids came back and Giles got worse? 🤔 Almost makes you wonder if the off season strength and conditioning isn't on par with other schools? Or the coach is burned out? Or something besides your completely incoherent comments that we don't have talent? Weird right?

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

What is your recommendation to fix Giles? Several of the Union guys on here have taken heat for complaining about their coaching staff. Not gonna lie I've given them a little grief myself. But.........they have made some very valid points about personnel, play calling, etc. Maybe you have mentioned it and I haven't seen it. To me before you talk trash about a coaching staff i ask myself who on the sideline or on the field already would do a better job than the person currently there. Most of the time the answer is nobody. 

Exactly 

Just now, 1Wingit23 said:

So what happened to this bold prediction?? All those kids came back and Giles got worse? 🤔 Almost makes you wonder if the off season strength and conditioning isn't on par with other schools? Or the coach is burned out? Or something besides your completely incoherent comments that we don't have talent? Weird right?

We aren't as good at certain positions as I thought we would be this time last year...and the musical chairs in our backfield needs to be put to bed

2 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

For starters look back at what exactly started this argument. I said maybe the Giles coaches should worry less about what VT is doing and fix their football team. Not once have I trashed any of the coaches. I've just pointed out the fact that other schools have surpassed Giles as a football school. These schools that become successful and stay successful do it year round. Games aren't won on Friday nights most of the time, they are won between December and August. Giles is failing in almost all aspects in that regard. Anyone can armchair coach a game but that doesn't hold a lot of weight. Yes, there are (in my opinion) coaches there that would bring Giles back to the Giles of old that stand on the sidelines currently. I suspect the "talent level" of players would suddenly increase if a young and hungry Ricky Cook or a Conney Ratcliff took over the program. The players are there. The guy I quoted said last year we would compete for a region title because of those 6-7 sophomores returning however.........