defense

Supermanfan

Offense-Ridgeview is going to make Union cover in the secondary on a regular basis in order to win, and Union up until this point, will not have seen a team that can pass it as well as Ridgeview.  

This game will be decided in my opinion by one factor.  It's not RV's offense vs Union's defense.  It's Ridgeview's defensive line's ability to stop or not stop Union's run.  If RV does that, they win.  If they don't, they will lose.  

59 minutes ago, Supermanfan said:

Edwards demolishing defense, will make the packs offense run around like a chicken with its head cut off.  with a mix of blitzs and zone coverage 

Alright coach I got a question for you. Every week your fans talk trash about your defense, offense too but that's for another day. Let's hear your side of the story. Is the defense good or are they just making crap up?

1 hour ago, Supermanfan said:

Edwards demolishing defense, will make the packs offense run around like a chicken with its head cut off.  with a mix of blitzs and zone coverage 

Either you’re the only confident Union and all the other Union fans are just Debbie downers

OR

You just have an exaggerated view of what Union can do. Are you a student at Union?

38 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

There's the rumor it's a coach. There's also the statistical probability. Judging by the Union team photo, I'm guessing half the adult male population of BSG is on staff.

Football team in orange uniforms sitting on the bleachers in a GYM

Holy cow, I counted 20 , that’s crazy! 😂😂😂 

3 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Guess that's better than a middle school coach getting on here and bashing him.

Don't know got to be a middle school coach 1st. But it doesn't matter if your a middle school coach a truck driver or anything else. If you want too bash him bash away. I sure do and will keep bashing him as long as he is doing horrible.

47 minutes ago, Dawg01 said:

Don't know got to be a middle school coach 1st. But it doesn't matter if your a middle school coach a truck driver or anything else. If you want too bash him bash away. I sure do and will keep bashing him as long as he is doing horrible.

You remind me of another poster that went by the name Union's Hammer. Based on the post history, both of you bash Edwards and Bostic, comment on underage players, and have an affinity for complaining about there being little to no change on the defensive side of the ball. But that is just an observation from someone who is outside the Union circle. 

I did hear that unions hammer was disciplined by the program for his comments about said coaches. I guess they don't like freedom of speech up in big stone. Also I don't think that unions hammer or dawg01 bashed underage kids. Might have suggested that I know why some are getting to play both ways and why some others are not getting their opportunities. But I'm glad I remind you of unions hammer he was a blast at games the crowd definitely ain't the same without the train horn.

21 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

You remind me of another poster that went by the name Union's Hammer. Based on the post history, both of you bash Edwards and Bostic, comment on underage players, and have an affinity for complaining about there being little to no change on the defensive side of the ball. But that is just an observation from someone who is outside the Union circle. 

I'm just curious why a coach from TW would care anything about the DC from Union getting called out for his inability to make in game adjustments, unless...

Just my opinion here.  I think the coaches on Union's football team (all of them) are doing a solid service.  Clearly, only a few of those 20 or so coaches are paid, so these guys are volunteering and putting in time to help the kids and their community.  That's dam* near great as far as I'm concerned.  I wish more communities would do the same.  Of all the times in this world, in 2022, mentors are needed for young men and women more than ever.  Hats off to you men from Union putting in the time to help kids.  With that written, I have no idea what Union does regarding the away bus rides and gas.  You basically need an extra bus to carry the assistant coaches, but it's all good.  That many men volunteering and putting their time in with Union's football program is a GOOD thing.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I'm just curious why a coach from TW would care anything about the DC from Union getting called out for his inability to make in game adjustments, unless...

I simply used an observation to link union's hammer to dawg01, I have no problem with him bashing Bostic, Turner, or Edwards. I do have a problem with him "suggesting" that certain players deserve time over others. Its passive aggressive bashing. 

Just like you, I had my dirty laundry here at TWHS with Johnson. I did not agree with the spread system. I would have ran the T after seeing the 2017 scrimmage, West Greene, and Harlan games. Furthermore, I am ticked at Johnson for leaving for greener pastures with an athlete that could have easily turned the tide at Thomas Walker instead of taking them to Union. Now that Johnson's tenure is up, I feel that I can easily speak my peace without harming either team, which is the same way that Union Fans should be. Wouldn't you agree? 

11 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

I simply used an observation to link union's hammer to dawg01, I have no problem with him bashing Bostic, Turner, or Edwards. I do have a problem with him "suggesting" that certain players deserve time over others. Its passive aggressive bashing. 

Just like you, I had my dirty laundry here at TWHS with Johnson. I did not agree with the spread system. I would have ran the T after seeing the 2017 scrimmage, West Greene, and Harlan games. Furthermore, I am ticked at Johnson for leaving for greener pastures with an athlete that could have easily turned the tide at Thomas Walker instead of taking them to Union. Now that Johnson's tenure is up, I feel that I can easily speak my peace without harming the either team, which is the same way that Union Fans should be. Wouldn't you agree? 

Who did he take from TW? Can’t say I’ve heard of any exceptional athletes coming from Ewing recently

17 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

Just like you, I had my dirty laundry here at TWHS with Johnson. I did not agree with the spread system. I would have ran the T after seeing the 2017 scrimmage, West Greene, and Harlan games. Furthermore, I am ticked at Johnson for leaving for greener pastures with an athlete that could have easily turned the tide at Thomas Walker instead of taking them to Union. Now that Johnson's tenure is up, I feel that I can easily speak my peace without harming the either team, which is the same way that Union Fans should be. Wouldn't you agree? 

I don't necessarily see comments about how kids could be used in different positions, to take advantage of their full potential,  as anything negative towards the players. That's a comment on coaching. After all, the kids don't choose the position they play or don't play. Not being able to place a kid in a position that they can most effectively be utilized is 100% on coaching.

Feel free to say whatever you want about any former or current coach at any school. I was just curious why you'd care about the goings on at Union. Carry on.

7 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I don't necessarily see comments about how kids could be used in different positions, to take advantage of their full potential,  as anything negative towards the players. That's a comment on coaching. After all, the kids don't choose the position they play or don't play. Not being able to place a kid in a position that they can most effectively be utilized is 100% on coaching.

Feel free to say whatever you want about any former or current coach at any school. I was just curious why you'd care about the goings on at Union. Carry on.

We can agree to disagree.