Week 9 Scores & Updates!

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

If Radford loses in that region, in my opinion, the team to beat them will be Glenvar, if any team does, and that's because of the physicality up front.  Martinsville, Gretna, Appomattox is not going to out athlete Radford this year, and those 3 are not as strong up front.

dont need to out athelete them just need to play physical off the line on 8, he struggles with press and blitz qb, that will beat them. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t know about that but heck of a game by Floyd. I’ll be interested to see how Bobcats do against Glenvar. 

Yes, me too.  I will defnitely want to watch that one on NFHS.  Glenvar is a little more athletic then Floyd (despite losing to Floyd in OT).  I believe Glenvar had a couple of key players out in that one.  The lineplay for Glenvar is pretty good and they have some athletes as well.

Just now, Liam McPoyle said:

Radford didn't look good tonight, but we might want to pump the brakes on writing them off.

I don’t think some of us are writing them off. I think we’re just impressed with how Floyd handled them tonight. They could play again & blow the Buffaloes out. 

4 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Radford didn't look good tonight, but we might want to pump the brakes on writing them off.

Exactly.  Graham had a close game with Bluefield and was in a battle down at Union.  Floyd County isn't chump change.  They were like 5 and 1 or 6 and 1 going into that game.  We aren't talking about Fort Chiswell here (no offense to Fort), but Floyd is pretty good.  If you doubt Radford, just look to the Christiansburg win.  Christiansburg is the real deal.  They are better than any team Graham has played this year.

22 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Lee in victory formation didn’t see that one coming 

Shakes up the bottom of the 2D playoff hunt.  Lee will get the 6th seed absent some very weird stuff happening.  Tazewell clinches the 7th seed tonight.  A Richlands win over VHS + Central loss to Grundy would push Richlands into the playoffs as the #8 seed.