Week 9 Scores & Updates!

Gridiron60

Just now, UVAObserver said:

Shakes up the bottom of the 2D playoff hunt.  Lee will get the 6th seed absent some very weird stuff happening.  Tazewell clinches the 7th seed tonight.  A Richlands win over VHS + Central loss to Grundy would push Richlands into the playoffs as the #8 seed.

I can see Grundy beating central but Richlands beating VHS a slim chance but doable 

Final Class 2 Scores in Virginia

Strasburg 26, Luray 23.  

King William 34, Mechanicsville 13

Poquoson 48, Bruton 7

Martinsville 48, Tunstall 14 (played yesterday)

Central Woodstock 52, Skyline 17

Appomattox 35, Chatham 19

Buckingham County 28, Amelia County 12

4 team race in Region B with Central Woodstock, Luray, Buckingham County, Strasburg.  I give the edge to Central Woodstock to come out of that region, but any of the 4 could win it.

3 team race in Region A with Poquoson, Thomas Jefferson of Richmond, and King William.  Calpreps slightly favors Poquoson in those matchups.

Southwest, Southside, and Central VA scores via WSLS

William Fleming beats out Franklin Co 35-26

Altavista falls to Gretna 41-19

Bassett takes the win over GW Danville in OT 50-43

Giles defeats James River 42-14

Grayson Co. wins against Fort Chiswell 31-8

Appomattox beats out Chatham 35-19

Radford takes a close win over Floyd Co. 28-27

LB takes down Northside 48-7

North Cross takes the win against Fishburne Military 48-6

Hidden Valley defeats Blacksburg 28-7

Brookville takes the win over Amherst 28-14

Liberty Christian shuts out Liberty-Bedford 48-0

E.C. Glass beats out Rustburg 42-17

Rockbridge defeats Broadway 21-14

Alleghany takes down Carroll Co. 29-6

Heritage-Lynchburg shuts out Jeff Forest 34-0

Narrows takes down East Mont 48-7

VA High defeats Chilhowie 49-7

Patrick Henry-Roanoke takes the win against Christiansburg 37-14

Cave Spring falls to Salem 42-7

Covington shuts out Parry McCluer 32-0

Staunton River defeats William Byrd 19-7

Bath Co takes down Craig Co 42-8

Halifax Co victorious against Patrick Co, 42-20

FINAL: Nelson Co falls to Dan River 50-13

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final Class 2 Scores in Virginia

Strasburg 26, Luray 23.  

King William 34, Mechanicsville 13

Poquoson 48, Bruton 7

Martinsville 48, Tunstall 14 (played yesterday)

Central Woodstock 52, Skyline 17

Appomattox 35, Chatham 19

Buckingham County 28, Amelia County 12

4 team race in Region B with Central Woodstock, Luray, Buckingham County, Strasburg.  I give the edge to Central Woodstock to come out of that region, but any of the 4 could win it.

3 team race in Region A with Poquoson, Thomas Jefferson of Richmond, and King William.  Calpreps slightly favors Poquoson in those matchups.

Give me your semifinal matchups. 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

You love you some CalPreps buddy! I don’t have the patience to put in all those matchups but I appreciate you sharing the info! 

If you wait until the middle of the week they put that week’s schedule up with their prediction for the whole state. If you want hypotheticals you do have to input them all thought. 

Great game at Bassett tonight. Without their starting qb, Bassett was down 43-21 to GW-Danville with 8 minutes to go. They scored with 40 seconds to go and tied the game up at 43 to send it to ot. The Bengals scored first to go up 7 then GW had the ball with 4th down on the half yard line and Bassett stuffed the run to win 50-43.

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Are there different set-ups for an NFHS broadcast? I'm used to the single camera mounted to the press box or similar set-up. In the Abingdon-Ridgeview game, there's appears to be at least three cameras. 

It’s possible for each school but Abingdon is the only team I know of that does that. Its pretty cool 

Floyd County has: lost to Christiansburg 34-0; beat Patrick County 32-12; beat Auburn 38-0; beat Fort Chiswell 28-0;  beat Carroll County 23-14;  beat Glenvar 33-27 3OT;  beat James River 21-3; lost to Radford 28-27        

Floyd got away with holding all night as well as their o line moving pre snap. They are a solid team but had plenty of help to stay in game. That said, Radford will get beat playing like they did tonight 

16 hours ago, rvtne216 said:

Ian Scammell became the all time leading rusher in Buchanan County history tonight. Had 208 tonight and three touchdown runs. 

He's been a stud of a back for Grundy. He & the rest of the starters were limited playing time last night for obvious reasons but considering his sophomore year he only got the seven game covid season & now doesn't carry the ball as much as he once did with Boyd playing back too. He's accomplished a lot with a really good o-line. Not to mention he's on his way to be a 4x state wrestling champ!