Week 11 Scores/Updates

Graham32

Sissonville won over Westside and that makes Winfield jump ahead of Indy making Indy the 2 seed.  I thought Roane could also jump Indy making Indy the 3, but he said they couldn't.  He did write that a Sissonville win would give Winfield the 1 seed, so it looks like Indy is the 2, and if Bluefield is the 16, then it's Bluefield vs Winfield.

A lot of drama at the Giles/Glenvar game tonight.

It started with a Glenvar fan coming up the Giles bleachers and stealing my dads flag. Dad chased him to the other side and up Glenvar’s bleachers to get it back.

Later on, 3 kids from Glenvar started climbing up the back of the bleachers with a knife trying to cut the hose to the train horn but got stopped.

Then, the Glenvar band director came up to the train horn section saying how we were disrespectfully blowing the horn and he got shut down very quick by a group of pissed off Spartan fans.

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

It started with a Glenvar fan coming up the Giles bleachers and stealing my dads flag. Dad chased him to the other side and up Glenvar’s bleachers to get it back.

Later on, 3 kids from Glenvar started climbing up the back of the bleachers with a knife trying to cut the hose to the train horn but got stopped.

Then, the Glenvar band director came up to the train horn section saying how we were disrespectfully blowing the horn and he got shut down very quick by a group of pissed off Spartan fans.

Wow

15 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Calling my shot now.  Graham and King William are going to play again in the state title game in Salem.

Don’t know a thing about King William but no one will be within 3 scores of Graham in Region and don’t really see C being any better.  So unless a disastrous performance by them they’ll cruise to state.  But we’ll give em hell trying 

3 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Don’t know a thing about King William but no one will be within 3 scores of Graham in Region and don’t really see C being any better.  So unless a disastrous performance by them they’ll cruise to state.  But we’ll give em hell trying 

King William is good.  Not as good as last year, but good enough to make the state title.  King William will have 2 toss up, 50/50 type games they could win or lose against Poquoson in their region and in the state semi's against Woodstock, Strasburg, or Luray, but I think King William's speed and last year's experience in beating both Poquoson and Central gives them the very slight edge out of the East, but it looks like KW, Poquoson, Central Woodstock, Strasburg, or Luray could come out of the East to Salem.  I go with KW because of speed and last year's experience for those juniors that are now seniors.

2 minutes ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

E.C. Glass 26. Liberty Christian 14

Patrick Henry-Roanoke 17. Salem 7

Glass finishes 9-1 I think, and all of a sudden, that Graham performance in that scrimmage looks pretty impressive for Graham, even though it was months ago.  That 9-1 team is the same team that Graham's starters were up 2 touchdowns on before putting the JV team in.  I know, a long time ago, but another indicator that Graham is a different animal for Class 2.

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

King William is good.  Not as good as last year, but good enough to make the state title.  King William will have 2 toss up, 50/50 type games they could win or lose against Poquoson in their region and in the state semi's against Woodstock, Strasburg, or Luray, but I think King William's speed and last year's experience in beating both Poquoson and Central gives them the very slight edge out of the East, but it looks like KW, Poquoson, Central Woodstock, Strasburg, or Luray could come out of the East to Salem.  I go with KW because of speed and last year's experience for those juniors that are now seniors.

King William still has that same QB from last year right?

Southwest, Southside, and Central VA scores per WSLS

Dan River defeats William Campbell 66-38

Covington takes the win over Craig Co 54-24

Franklin County takes down Northside 49-16

Lebanon defeats Rural Retreat 34-24

Jefferson Forest wins against Liberty High 49-12

Brookville defeats Rustburg 35-14

Narrows takes down Bath Co 42-35

Christiansburg wins against Pulaski Co 34-31

Heritage defeats Amherst Co 45-20

Gretna over Nelson Co. 33-14

LB takes down Staunton River 41-14

Chatham defeats Altavista 35-28

E.C. Glass takes down Liberty Christian Academy 26-14

Turner Ashby defeats Rockbridge 35-14

Floyd Co over Carroll Co 34-23

Galax defeats Grayson Co. 31-14

Martinsville beats Bassett 17-10

Wm. Fleming defeats Wm. Byrd 14-7

Glenvar defeats Giles 49-14

PH-Roanoke beats Salem 17-7

10 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

King William still has that same QB from last year right?

Nope, graduated.  Their losses are to Lafayette-Class 3 ranked 6th, IC Norcom-Class 3-ranked 8th and Essex-ranked number 1 in Class 1 and favored by Calpreps right now to beat Riverheads.  They are still very good, but not as good as last year with the loss of 2 huge lineman and the All American RB and All State QB, and a couple other key players.

30 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Sissonville won over Westside and that makes Winfield jump ahead of Indy making Indy the 2 seed.  I thought Roane could also jump Indy making Indy the 3, but he said they couldn't.  He did write that a Sissonville win would give Winfield the 1 seed, so it looks like Indy is the 2, and if Bluefield is the 16, then it's Bluefield vs Winfield.

Bluefield vs Independence round 1. Logan had already beaten Poca and Wayne so they got the point either way. 

2 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Bluefield vs Independence round 1. Logan had already beaten Poca and Wayne so they got the point either way. 

Unbelievable.  Well, Bluefield just needs to play ball.  They are playing better and before losing their minds, they were in that game with Indy on the road.  If Bluefield's line digs in and they are mentally sound, they have a chance.  

54 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

from past experience with Glenvar on a limited sample size, seems par for the  course sadly.

Unofficial random scores from Lee County to the Eastern Shore

Fort Chiswell 16

Honaker 27

Northwood 0

Patrick Henry - Glade Spring 56

Rural Retreat 24

Lebanon 34

Chilhowie 17

Holston 34

Twin Springs 28

Rye Cove 12

Thomas Walker 6