SwvaOG

52 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Virginia Tech’s last bowl win =2016

Tazewell’s last playoff win = 2008

Virginia Tech’s last winning season: 2019

Virginia Tech’s last bowl appearance: 2021

Tazewell’s last winning season: 2022

Tazewell’s last playoff appearance: 2022

Really dumb flex, but I’m quickly learning that the average intelligence on this site has fallen off a cliff in the last few years.

4 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Really dumb flex, but I’m quickly learning that the average intelligence on this site has fallen off a cliff in the last few years.

Virginia's last winning season : 2019

Virginia's last bowl win: 2018

2 minutes ago, Observer said:

Virginia's last winning season : 2019

Virginia's last bowl win: 2018

Oooh, really hurt me with that one.  🤣🙄

BTW, speaking of dumb flexes, both of those equal or are superior to VT.  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Folks, let’s police this thread up and get it back on topic. 😂

Any word from either camp about injuries?  I know Tazewell had a bye week and have been preparing for RV for a while now.  That is an advantage for sure, especially at the high school level.  I think the Pack came out of Legion Field with no injuries.  
Im wondering how the Pack will handle the empty set.  Their DB performance against Bluefield was damn bad, but they looked much better against GC.  
Im curious how the Dog’s defense will opt to play RV.  Will they double or play straight up.  I’m also wondering if RV will take a play out of Tazewell’s book and go empty on offense and not allow Tazewell to double. 

25 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Where would Virginia Tech ended up that season had Jerrod Evans not transferred in?

Food for thought. 

Bad, but probably not as bad as this years team.

7 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Folks, let’s police this thread up and get it back on topic. 😂

Any word from either camp about injuries?  I know Tazewell had a bye week and have been preparing for RV for a while now.  That is an advantage for sure, especially at the high school level.  I think the Pack came out of Legion Field with no injuries.  
Im wondering how the Pack will handle the empty set.  Their DB performance against Bluefield was damn bad, but they looked much better against GC.  
Im curious how the Dog’s defense will opt to play RV.  Will they double or play straight up.  I’m also wondering if RV will take a play out of Tazewell’s book and go empty on offense and not allow Tazewell to double. 

Good suggestion, LOL.

Tazewell’s has a starting LB that should be coming back from a thumb injury this week.  He missed the last 2 regular season games.  Aside from the couple of season-ending injuries Tazewell has suffered, Tazewell should be right at full strength, granted nothing happens at practice this week.  

Glad to hear Ridgeview will be at full strength too: I hate to hear of any young men having their season altered by injury.

Tazewell can match Ridgeview athlete-to-athlete if they choose not to double.  However, execution is all.  Whoever executes best will win the battle.

26 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Agreed there is one delusional Tazewell poster that seems to bring the whole board down a few IQ points. 

15 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I always enjoy threads that have Graham or Tazewell in the title

I always enjoy the ones, albeit rare as they are, when it says Giles at Appomattox.  Or Appomattox in general.  I love to see all the whining about "train horn got banned... blah blah blah.... yadda yadda yadda." 😄

14 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Agreed there is one delusional Tazewell poster that seems to bring the whole board down a few IQ points. 

Hey, don’t be mad at me.  You’re the one that posted that little self-owning statistic.  I just shed a little more light on it.  Just admit you made a dumb mistake and move along instead of digging your hole even deeper.  I’m done with you.

Some just like to make everything about themselves and I think we all know who I'm talking about...

As far as the game goes, this one will come down to whether or not RV respects Tazewell enough to put together a decent offensive game plan.  I have no doubt that the DC will have his boys ready on that side of the ball.  

13 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Hey, don’t be mad at me.  You’re the one that posted that little self-owning statistic.  I just shed a little more light on it.  Just admit you made a dumb mistake and move along instead of digging your hole even deeper.  I’m done with you.

Sorry, that wasn’t anger but sarcasm. You might want to read this. 

https://www.wikihow.com/Detect-Sarcasm-in-Writing?amp=1

If you need any additional help just send me a dm or something. I am always up to helping someone better themselves.

4 minutes ago, Gfan said:

If you need any additional help just send me a dm or something. I am always up to helping someone better themselves.

You two need to take this elsewhere.  This is not the place for your  discourse.

3 hours ago, Gfan said:

I’ve been a lifelong proponent of a sarcasm font for digital interactions.  I’m telling you, would clear up a load of issues. 

Edited by SwvaOG
Added the word “font”

25 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I’ve been a lifelong proponent of a sarcasm don’t for digital interactions.  I’m telling you, would clear up a load of issues. 

Usually, if someone needs to point out they were being sarcastic, they failed at it.  😉

Also a common strategy to use “I was just being sarcastic” as a fallback when you get blown up!

But I’m happy to get back to the game.  Still no word on whether or not it will be moved to Saturday, but that’s Ridgeview’s call.

Can someone explain what VT has to do with Tazewell for God's sake? Leave the freaking Hokies out of it man. TN is a choke artist (I know, good right now, but a choke artist) WVU is a choke artist, UVA is a choke artist like Tech. You people are waisting your time and pissing in the wind if you think you are rooting for a program better than Tech that is regional and truly matters. They are all choke artists. If you aren't a Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State person, you are waisting your time arguing very meaningless garb.

Back to Tazewell and Ridgeview please. Good grief!

29 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Usually, if someone needs to point out they were being sarcastic, they failed at it.  😉

Also a common strategy to use “I was just being sarcastic” as a fallback when you get blown up!

But I’m happy to get back to the game.  Still no word on whether or not it will be moved to Saturday, but that’s Ridgeview’s call.

And…it’s just been moved to Saturday at 1:00 PM.

46 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Can someone explain what VT has to do with Tazewell for God's sake? Leave the freaking Hokies out of it man. TN is a choke artist (I know, good right now, but a choke artist) WVU is a choke artist, UVA is a choke artist like Tech. You people are waisting your time and pissing in the wind if you think you are rooting for a program better than Tech that is regional and truly matters. They are all choke artists. If you aren't a Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State person, you are waisting your time arguing very meaningless garb.

Back to Tazewell and Ridgeview please. Good grief!

I’m just giving y’all a hard time, I’m a Hokies fan too, unfortunately. Lol

42 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Some people continue their ways and its hilarious how they seem to 99% of this board 

No names mentioned...don't want to upset any powder puffs

You literally have brought nothing productive to any conversation. You just pick, complain about what others post & take every chance you can to remind people how Greg Mance went to Giles. It’s gotten to be really old. 

Then say “some people continue their ways.” Be the change if you want to see change. 

10 minutes ago, EH31 said:

You literally have brought nothing productive to any conversation. You just pick, complain about what others post & take every chance you can to remind people how Greg Mance went to Giles. It’s gotten to be really old. 

Then say “some people continue their ways.” Be the change if you want to see change. 

Sorry to upset you....if you don't like it just bypass any message you see I've posted....easy solution pal

Game has been moved to 1pm Sat.  Smart move especially if you want to throw the ball because you’re not doing that when the fog rolls in. 

Valid question, has anyone switched a game to Sat night?  It always seems like it’s Friday at 7pm or Sat at 1pm.  I know there is a trend to move to Thursday night but I’ve always thought Sat would be interesting (you get the preferred night game format and the benefit of the weekend and having more people to attend.).

Do the kids that get out of cars with West Va tags at the Hillbilly Market in Bishop and get on the Tazewell bus count as transfers? Maybe Squire and Berwind are part of Tazewell's territory? If I'm not mistaken Tazewell has been the recipient of a couple Graham kids that played football at Graham but elected not to play when they got to Tazewell.