2D First Round: #7 Tazewell @ #2 Ridgeview

SwvaOG

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

He’s probably looking at Tazewell and Ridgeview’s common opponents.

Grundy
Ridgeview: W, 34-20
Tazewell: W, 28-14

Richlands
Ridgeview: W, 33-6 (home)
Tazewell: W, 56-37 (away)

Battle 
Ridgeview: W, 42-6
Tazewell: W, 39-16 (backup QB)

Bluefield
Ridgeview: L, 44-24
Tazewell: L, 46-20

You add up the total number of points that Ridgeview was better than Tazewell in those 4 combined games, it comes out to 27 points.  Hence, Ridgeview is 27 points better than Tazewell.

It’s science.

But, you have to divide that by 4, so about 6.75 better.   

4 hours ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

No offense, but "everyone" isn't possible unless you personally talk to every swva football fan and get an answer. "Everyone" is not just giving Graham the region. I favor them, as do most, but I think they can be beat.

I agree, every team on any given night is beatable, Graham included. That's why I always say, one game at a time, teams can't afford to be caught looking ahead. Fortunately, I think Graham's coaches keep them focused on the task at hand. Last week, it was Marion this week Central.

Interestingly, as far as Tazewell & Ridgeview, I don't really think it comes down to Creasy vs O'Quinn per say. I think it will be won on the LOS & the sidelines/press box (meaning coaching). I also think if Tazewell gets off the bus thinking they won't win, they most certainly will not. As a Tazewell County person, I hope they can pull it off but it will take their A game and the other Ridgeview team showing up (not the one from this past Friday).  Good luck, Dawgs! 

Yes, @Union_Fan, very nice campus! It’s quite impressive! 

36 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I agree, every team on any given night is beatable, Graham included. That's why I always say, one game at a time, teams can't afford to be caught looking ahead. Fortunately, I think Graham's coaches keep them focused on the task at hand. Last week, it was Marion this week Central.

Interestingly, as far as Tazewell & Ridgeview, I don't really think it comes down to Creasy vs O'Quinn per say. I think it will be won on the LOS & the sidelines/press box (meaning coaching). I also think if Tazewell gets off the bus thinking they won't win, they most certainly will not. As a Tazewell County person, I hope they can pull it off but it will take their A game and the other Ridgeview team showing up (not the one from this past Friday).  Good luck, Dawgs! 

Yes, @Union_Fan, very nice campus! It’s quite impressive! 

I understand being worried as a fan but it’ll take a complete letdown for anyone in Region to beat Graham.  I honestly think the whole region is down this season Graham included (compared to last few seasons) but they’re still head and shoulders above the rest 

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

He’s probably looking at Tazewell and Ridgeview’s common opponents.

Grundy
Ridgeview: W, 34-20
Tazewell: W, 28-14

Richlands
Ridgeview: W, 33-6 (home)
Tazewell: W, 56-37 (away)

Battle 
Ridgeview: W, 42-6
Tazewell: W, 39-16 (backup QB)

Bluefield
Ridgeview: L, 44-24
Tazewell: L, 46-20

You add up the total number of points that Ridgeview was better than Tazewell in those 4 combined games, it comes out to 27 points.  Hence, Ridgeview is 27 points better than Tazewell.

It’s science.

Well in the RL and JB games RV had their big guns out of the game a few minutes into the third quarter. They keep O’Quinn in a lot since he has to play with most of the second team next year, that way he can get some game reps with them. 

14 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

But that doesn’t support the argument of a blowout at all!  

No Tazewell’s last three first round playoff performances support the argument of a blowout. Ridgeview by multiple scores.

13 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

I understand being worried as a fan but it’ll take a complete letdown for anyone in Region to beat Graham.  I honestly think the whole region is down this season Graham included (compared to last few seasons) but they’re still head and shoulders above the rest 

Not sure down compared to last year. Probably more parity. But Graham did beat Lee and Union by 30 plus and Ridgeview 28 in last year's playoffs. Regular season numbers are always skewed by Palmer playing JV alot in the second half.

I’m a bulldog all the way, but I’m a honest person and don’t sugar coat. My opinion is like most, I don’t think Tazewell can handle them. I hope they can, but just don’t see it. Can they? Yes.  But it all determines there mind set. If they come out on firing on all cylinders, it’ll be a helluva game, if not, ridgeview blows them out. 

23 minutes ago, Gfan said:

No Tazewell’s last three first round playoff performances support the argument of a blowout. Ridgeview by multiple scores.

Never mind that Tazewell was the lower-seeded team in all 3 games and had to face 1 Region D champion, 1 Region D runner up, and that same Region D team off 2 consecutive runner-up finishes in those 3 games.  Nah, doesn't matter at all, does it?  A reasonably intelligent person might expect a lower-seeded team to act as most lower-seeded teams do, and lose.  

Just admit that you're still ticked about my position on Graham's video and move on.

54 minutes ago, Observer said:

I'm just waiting for the excuses from a certain person if Ridgeview wins.....

You can keep waiting, honey.  What part of "Ridgeview should rightly be favored" is vague or ambiguous to you?  

7 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I’m a bulldog all the way, but I’m a honest person and don’t sugar coat. My opinion is like most, I don’t think Tazewell can handle them. I hope they can, but just don’t see it. Can they? Yes.  But it all determines there mind set. If they come out on firing on all cylinders, it’ll be a helluva game, if not, ridgeview blows them out. 

Limit big plays, and control the clock. Bluefield showed a perfect gameplan. 

23 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Never mind that Tazewell was the lower-seeded team in all 3 games and had to face 1 Region D champion, 1 Region D runner up, and that same Region D team off 2 consecutive runner-up finishes in those 3 games.  Nah, doesn't matter at all, does it?  A reasonably intelligent person might expect a lower-seeded team to act as most lower-seeded teams do, and lose.  

Just admit that you're still ticked about my position on Graham's video and move on.

You can keep waiting, honey.  What part of "Ridgeview should rightly be favored" is vague or ambiguous to you?  

Lol a reasonably intelligent person could see that they are a low seed facing the Region D runner up once again. 

24 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Why bring up the video again for any reason you should be above that. But by doing this you bring yourself down to the pits. Be the better man and forgive and forget.  Then move forward, you will feel much better.

21 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

Why bring up the video again for any reason you should be above that. But by doing this you bring yourself down to the pits. Be the better man and forgive and forget.  Then move forward, you will feel much better.

Agree. I’m not even sure what the video has to do with anything or why bring it up unless one just likes to create drama. It’s over & done. Players from both Graham & Tazewell were punished for their participation in videos. No one cares anymore. End.of.story, 

I hope the Bulldogs can pull the win & wish them luck. 

Class/Region 2C West Coast Computer Picks

Radford 46 Gretna 7

Appo 27 Alleghany 21.  I'm surprised Calpreps has this game this close, but that's what they have.

Glenvar 35 Floyd County 14. I'm surprised it's this wide of a margin, but that's what they have.

Martinsville 40 Dan River 21

3 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

Not sure down compared to last year. Probably more parity. But Graham did beat Lee and Union by 30 plus and Ridgeview 28 in last year's playoffs. Regular season numbers are always skewed by Palmer playing JV alot in the second half.

I think Graham is better overall at the line of scrimmage (both sides of the ball).  You can't replace Bradshaw, but Clements is just a half step behind.  Better then last year?  Maybe not, but dang close to it.  I don't think there's another team like last year's King William in the playoffs this season.  But, regardless, I guess we are all about to see how good all the teams are.

11 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I think Graham is better overall at the line of scrimmage (both sides of the ball).  You can't replace Bradshaw, but Clements is just a half step behind.  Better then last year?  Maybe not, but dang close to it.  I don't think there's another team like last year's King William in the playoffs this season.  But, regardless, I guess we are all about to see how good all the teams are.

Region B is pretty stout this season from top to bottom.  The records of their teams don't jump off the page at you, but the one team that would give me pause for concern is Strasburg.  They've played a gauntlet of a regular season schedule, and aside from a Week 1 forfeit, they've swept it.  That includes a 38-0 blanking of a 7-3 Clarke County team (whose only other losses are to the other two 8-2 teams in the Region).  They remind me a lot of this year's Graham team: not the most offensively gifted team you'll ever see, but a defense that will grind you into your composite atoms.  If those 2 teams match up in Salem, first to 20 wins it.  

I dunno why everyone is so confident in RV, it's not like they've looked dominant all season. They had a great performance v a mediocre GC team but had gotten thoroughly smashed by Bluefield. 

RV has the potential to be a juggernaut and roll Tazwell,  but they haven't strung together multiple elite performances. 

I think RV wins in a nailbiter. If they come out and run Tazwell off the field, then 2D isn't decided yet. If not, then welll.....