George Wythe vs Riverheads

Gridiron60

I know everyone and their mamma will be taking Riverheads, and most will take Riverheads big.....I can't fault a soul for that.

But MAN....What a legendary opportunity we have! 

Nothing left to do but show up, play hard, play confident, and see if we can't play our way into a chance at stealing the show. Likely? No....Impossible? Also no. 

11 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Unfortunately, Riverheads will have their way with GW. If you hold Essex to just 8 with all the athletes they have, then GW will pose no problems at all. Maybe 4-5 TD win for Riverheads.

essex plays soft football, east coast teams play with finesse! dont like getting punched in the mouth

38 minutes ago, gwloyal said:

I know everyone and their mamma will be taking Riverheads, and most will take Riverheads big.....I can't fault a soul for that.

But MAN....What a legendary opportunity we have! 

Nothing left to do but show up, play hard, play confident, and see if we can't play our way into a chance at stealing the show. Likely? No....Impossible? Also no. 

everyone thought Buster Douglas was gonna get railed by tyson!!

This is not the riverheads of teams past- but they are still a  machine. The beauty of the offense makes it extremely hard to get a good clean shot on the runner because there is so many bodies flying around. And their backs run extremely hard which makes it hard to keep them from getting several yards a shot unless you can bottle them up at the line of scrimmage. 

Essex had talent everywhere but like RedPride stated in here or the other board it is not used correctly. The play calling was suspect in several key times. Their D line alignment set them up for failure before the snap.  

I hope its a great game 

Just now, Optimal62 said:

This is not the riverheads of teams past- but they are still a  machine. The beauty of the offense makes it extremely hard to get a good clean shot on the runner because ethere are so many bodies flying around. And their backs run extremely hard and make it so hard to keep them from getting several yards a shot unless you can bottle them up at the line of scrimmage. 

Essex had talent everywhere but like RedPride stated in here or the other board it is not used correctly. The play calling was suspect in several key times. Their D line alignment set them up for failure before the snap.  

I hope its a great game 

East coast teams rely more on talent than coaching!!!

IMO GW runs a similar offensive set but I feel the Maroons QB keeps the ball and runs more frequently. I believe it will be a good game and closer than some might think regardless of who wins. GW does some things very well that Essex does not. That’s not to take away from Essex but they became very predictable yesterday whereas I feel GW has become more dangerous as they have gotten everyone back. 

And Essex did turn it over 5 times but some were at least in part due to Riverheads D. Can’t expect that every game but the Gladiators don’t generally turn it over 2 times either. 

My grandson just showed me the GW film . Wow , I am sorry but you guys are correct . Riverheads will score at will and my guess is GW will not score or only in garbage time .  I think there is a lot of talent in SWVA and it would be nice to see a good game but odds are it won't be . I hope it's an injury free contest for everyone . jmo

30 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

My grandson just showed me the GW film . Wow , I am sorry but you guys are correct . Riverheads will score at will and my guess is GW will not score or only in garbage time .  I think there is a lot of talent in SWVA and it would be nice to see a good game but odds are it won't be . I hope it's an injury free contest for everyone . jmo

Haven’t you had enough with the predictions this week Nostradamus?

Had to eat a little crow but didn't expect the Red Team to play so poorly . Chances of that happening two weeks in a row are slim .  GW best have a party  , go out to eat , get a motel room and use the pool .

Hold practice at VT and get pictures taken . Enjoy the ride because the destination won't be comfortable . Happy for them to make it to the big dance .

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Had to eat a little crow but didn't expect the Red Team to play so poorly . Chances of that happening two weeks in a row are slim .  GW best have a party  , go out to eat , get a motel room and use the pool .

Hold practice at VT and get pictures taken . Enjoy the ride because the destination won't be comfortable . Happy for them to make it to the big dance .

Wow! Do I think Riverheads win, very likely but man, humbleness goes a long way. Just sayin’ 

One could tell the Riverheads to enjoy the big dance this year because they may not even make it to the floor next year in 2A where they should have been all along, lol. 

15 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Wow! Do I think Riverheads win, very likely but man, humbleness goes a long way. Just sayin’ 

One could tell the Riverheads to enjoy the big dance this year because they may not even make it to the floor next year in 2A where they should have been all along, lol. 

Dude is a douche....well see next year when they play teams they should have been playing all along...oh yeah they were 2A once and it didn't work out for them....so they tucked their tails and ran to lower division where they could beat up on teams half their real size or more than half

9 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

You can count on seeing Riverheads come playoff time . Not saying they win it all but 2A will know they are for real !

It’s kind of hard not to make the playoffs under the current system. You have to totally stink up the field not to get in…

I thought George Wythe was moving to Division 2 next year? I just seen someting saying they are staying Division 1.

George Wythe High School serves 451 students in grades 9-12.

Riverheads High School serves 468 students in grades 9-12.

12 minutes ago, Grundy101 said:

I thought George Wythe was moving to Division 2 next year? I just seen someting saying they are staying Division 1.

George Wythe High School serves 451 students in grades 9-12.

Riverheads High School serves 468 students in grades 9-12.

The way VHSL calculates ADM figures changes effective 2023/2024 school year. They will no longer count the senior class. According to the March 2020 VHSL ADM figures on the VHSL website, George Wythe currently has 410 students in grades 9-12. Take away the senior class and they are on the threshold of Class 1 (~350). 

Incidentally, that same ADM chart on the VHSL website shows Giles, Fort Chiswell, Buffalo Gap, Washington & Lee, Lebanon, Central Lunenburg, Riverheads, Grayson County, Essex, Northhampton, Chilhowie, and PH Glade Spring all with greater or roughly equal ADM figures as George Wythe.