Graham vs Bluefield

KW23

7 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

rumor is the floyd kid has moved back to bluefield wv and didnt play in the two scrimmages for graham. can anyone confirm if they heard the same thing? would be a loss for graham and a gain for the beavers if true.

Do people just enjoy making things up? He literally played the other night vs James Monroe and caught a TD.

1 hour ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Do people just enjoy making things up? He literally played the other night vs James Monroe and caught a TD.

Not possible I tell you!. He ran the ball for us very well out of the single wing against Christiansburg. He's a single wing man now.

Battle of the Bluefields is finally here! 
It’s been a long 12 months! Let’s go GMen! This is Tony Palmer’s chance to tie the series with Freddy Simons and make a little history to boot! Can he make it 4-4 against the Beavers and be the only Graham team to win 3 in a row? I hope so! 🤞
Play smart, play hard, & bring home the win! 

Good luck to all our SWD teams tonight! 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Battle of the Bluefields is finally here! 
It’s been a long 12 months! Let’s go GMen! This is Tony Palmer’s chance to tie the series with Freddy Simons and make a little history to boot! Can he make it 4-4 against the Beavers and be the only Graham team to win 3 in a row? I hope so! 🤞
Play smart, play hard, & bring home the win! 

Good luck to all our SWD teams tonight! 

I like our chances tonight.

Graham-42

Bluefield-14

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t care if it’s a 28 point difference or 2 points as long as we can get the win. 🤞Bluefield fans seem pretty confident on FB. 

Confidence will diminish after the 1st quarter. 

On 8/21/2023 at 8:34 PM, bgibb said:

This analysis is spot on. Good ole Freddy always has a trick play or two up his sleeve. For Graham to win, they have to stop the big play. That’s what kept Bluefield in the game last year when Graham should have shut them down. A 27-12 lead at halftime shouldn’t end in a 29-25 win, even though Graham won. Bluefield always has the mental advantage for whatever reason. Palmer has done a good job at changing that aspect. Graham has to get over the fact that the team lining up against them has that beaver on the jersey. 

but they do have that Beaver on the jersey.

How do you all think the weather will hold up?  

Prediction:  Graham has too much size and too much  depth on the line of scrimmage for the Beavers and just as much, if not more speed.  G - men should be able to push their way down the field 

Graham wins and turns the tables on Bluefield.  It'll be Graham in Bluefield's head for a while.

16 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

I know Zach very well. He's good people. He also has some insane shoes to fill because Jim Nelson is the BEST radio High School play by play voice I've ever heard in my lifetime. I have lived several places. I listened to Tony "the blast man Mercurio" in the Tidewater area in the 90s and he was basically the defacto Voice of the Hampton Crabbers and the Voice of the Old Dominion Monarchs. Hampton was always the game of the week and on the air during the 90s with those nationally recognized teams. Mercurio achieved national attention and worked at the professional level for the St. Louis Cardinals before arriving to the Tidewater area. He wasn't in the same league as Nelson. Zach will do well. He's a good guy and he's learned from the very best.

13 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

How do you all think the weather will hold up?  

Prediction:  Graham has too much size and too much  depth on the line of scrimmage for the Beavers and just as much, if not more speed.  G - men should be able to push their way down the field 

Graham wins and turns the tables on Bluefield.  It'll be Graham in Bluefield's head for a while.

Just my guess Real Sasq. The Beavers load the box and force Graham to throw the ball. Can Graham simply overcome Bluefields 8 in the box at the snapcount and still run? If Graham can, then Bluefields in trouble. If Graham can't run against 8 in the box, then the game may come down to Grahams QB placing the ball to a wide open receiver.

Key point to watch. I wrote this earlier. There will be 3 to 4 times in this game where Graham has a Wide Open receiver running unchecked/wide open. Those 3-4 plays imo decide the game. If Graham goes 50% on those 4 plays, they win. If not, its going to be contested deep into the 4th qtr. Purely my opinion and purely my guess.

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I must be looking at a different forecast. I’m not seeing heavy rain this evening in Bluefield. 

image.png.712e3d45a9609785e4847b033780d2fa.png

I hope your forecast is better than this one lol