Week 2 Updates

Gridiron60

2 hours ago, bgibb said:

20-6 Princeton

Bluefield will struggle this year. They can’t pass the ball. 

That's because they don't have a quarterback. It's quite obvious now. Freddy needs to find someone quick.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final Scores... how close was the computer?

Princeton predicted margin of victory was 14, it ended up being 21

Graham predicted margin of victory was 28. It ended up being 29.

Radford predicted margin of victory was 36. It ended up at 35.

Union predicted margin of victory was 35, it ended up being 41.

Tazewell and Riverheads is tomorow.

Guess I won't doubt the west coast so quickly next time 😂😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Stelley said:

When will we finally get a decent coaching staff? I’ll tell ya. AFTER THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER TO COME THROUGH LEBANON TRANSFERS BECAUSE HE HAS NO SUPPORT 

It's stretching it at this point to call Reece the best ever from LHS. He's definitely high on the list. I do agree that Lebanons coaching staff hasn't been good for quite a long time. Until they fix that  issue, you will see the same old decisions. That comes down to an administrative issue when hiring coaches over the years. Could you imagine Reece at a place like VHS where he could showcase his talents with the athletes? Or even an Abingdon? He came close to transferring this go around. I expect the Pioneers will win 3 or 4. They may beat Battle, possibly Marion, Castlewood, Richlands, and honestly they will play with VHS, I just think they will get out coached a lot. 

8 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Is this an exaggeration or are you just unfamiliar with Lebanon greats such as Aaron Fuller and Nathan McGlothlin?

It’s a bit of an exaggeration but I think he very well could have been the greatest player to come through the school if he actually had the people around him to help him out.

3 hours ago, Stelley said:

It’s a bit of an exaggeration but I think he very well could have been the greatest player to come through the school if he actually had the people around him to help him out.

Eric Buchanan, the running back and 100 meter VA Track Champion in the 80s for Lebanon wasn't to shabby either, but had little around him.

The Loris Lions were scheduled to play South Columbus of Tabor City, NC yesterday in Loris home game.    Rescheduled for tonight at 6:30 due to flooding.   Now game is cancelled.

BUMMER!!!!  

I watched my Blues last night into 3rd Q.  Then turned over to watch Blackman HS when their game started.  Gosh the feed wasn't clear and didn't have audio of game, so I then switched over and watched Narrows/Holston.  Their feed was actually clearing. 

It was a back and forth game, evenly matched, I thought.  The  Holston announcers had a different take on the penalties called.  After 2 penalties put Narrows down in the red zone, one announcer stated "there will be no free haircuts tomorrow for the officiating crew in Damascus."  Couldn't help but laugh.  

Accidently, cut off feed of game, didn't sign back on and so didn't know outcome until this morning.  

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Eric Buchanan, the running back and 100 meter VA Track Champion in the 80s for Lebanon wasn't to shabby either, but had little around him.

Still had more talent around him than what reece has. Not to mention arguably he is one of the best basketball players to come through Lebanon.

5 hours ago, Pioneer said:

It's stretching it at this point to call Reece the best ever from LHS. He's definitely high on the list. I do agree that Lebanons coaching staff hasn't been good for quite a long time. Until they fix that  issue, you will see the same old decisions. That comes down to an administrative issue when hiring coaches over the years. Could you imagine Reece at a place like VHS where he could showcase his talents with the athletes? Or even an Abingdon? He came close to transferring this go around. I expect the Pioneers will win 3 or 4. They may beat Battle, possibly Marion, Castlewood, Richlands, and honestly they will play with VHS, I just think they will get out coached a lot. 

He could go to Honaker and throw it all over the field.

1 hour ago, tbgfan said:

The Loris Lions were scheduled to play South Columbus of Tabor City, NC yesterday in Loris home game.    Rescheduled for tonight at 6:30 due to flooding.   Now game is cancelled.

BUMMER!!!!  

Heard Loris got like 8.5" of rain...sheesh

1 hour ago, tbgfan said:

I watched my Blues last night into 3rd Q.  Then turned over to watch Blackman HS when their game started.  Gosh the feed wasn't clear and didn't have audio of game, so I then switched over and watched Narrows/Holston.  Their feed was actually clearing. 

It was a back and forth game, evenly matched, I thought.  The  Holston announcers had a different take on the penalties called.  After 2 penalties put Narrows down in the red zone, one announcer stated "there will be no free haircuts tomorrow for the officiating crew in Damascus."  Couldn't help but laugh.  

Accidently, cut off feed of game, didn't sign back on and so didn't know outcome until this morning.  

So Holston complaining about refs and narrows doing the same....hmmmm sounds about par for the course