Science Hill @ Union

UnionGuy2017

42 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I like it early in the season just because if Union loses, it gives them time to adjust and get ready for the meat of the M7 season. I don’t particularly like having SH/Graham back to back, two losses in a row can really impede growth, but I like a huge early season game to serve as a measuring stick. 

I’d say Union has a good chance of beating Graham. Union ALWAYS plays Graham better at Mitchell. I look for it to be a barn burner regardless of SH/Union outcome. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’d say Union has a good chance of beating Graham. Union ALWAYS plays Graham better at Mitchell. I look for it to be a barn burner regardless of SH/Union outcome. 

I dunno, it’s so hard to gauge right now because Union has not been tested at all whereas Graham had the tough fight with Bluefield. 

If Clements is healthy, I can’t see any 2D teams being within two scores. 

14 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Cmon man Hells Bells? Thunderstruck has been played at the park for as long as I can remember, can’t get that confused with GC coming out lol

Can't fault them for having us in their head already. 😏😇

19 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You lost me there? Are you hinting what I think you are?

I thought he is hinting that a particular M7 coach might be packing up a UHaul headed to Johnson City. 😂😂😂😂 That I’ll believe when I see it, lol andI don’t see it happening. As always, I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

95 players dressed , 150 member band… I guess that’s pretty normal for a school that size though. Just wow!

I’d like to see their faces when the Bears roll in…I bet even SH has never seen an entrance like that before. 

That park is going to be rocking! Too bad it’s not Graham’s bye week or I’d consider making the trip to BSG. 

11 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Thanks for sharing. Interesting quotes there. I’m a bit surprised at the JC perspective coming in. 

ALOT of anticipation for this game. Some of the most I’ve had in several years. 

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

95 players dressed , 150 member band… I guess that’s pretty normal for a school that size though. Just wow!

I’d like to see their faces when the Bears roll in…I bet even SH has never seen an entrance like that before. 

That park is going to be rocking! Too bad it’s not Graham’s bye week or I’d consider making the trip to BSG. 

Come on down anyway! Graham's got this. We can use the extra support. Haha

It will be interesting for sure!

9 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Thanks for sharing. Interesting quotes there. I’m a bit surprised at the JC perspective coming in. 

ALOT of anticipation for this game. Some of the most I’ve had in several years. 

This game might as well be week 1 because the fans have completely looked over Lee and Richlands since it was announced.

Not sure what to make of Coach Carter's comments. He's been asking for this game for years??

Can't tell if he really thinks it will be competitive or if he's being modest because he thinks it will be a blowout.

Either way, less than 24 hours away!

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

This game might as well be week 1 because the fans have completely looked over Lee and Richlands since it was announced.

Not sure what to make of Coach Carter's comments. He's been asking for this game for years??

Can't tell if he really thinks it will be competitive or if he's being modest because he thinks it will be a blowout.

Either way, less than 24 hours away!

No matter how he meant it, it needs to be relayed to the Union players that it was a smack in the face. Any motivation helps.. lol. 

I doubt he’s been asking for this for years. Especially from 15-17..

On 9/6/2023 at 12:06 PM, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Intro songs can be iconic and all, but the "WOO" factor at Ridgeview in a big game is by far the best sound around when the whole crowd is doing it and getting into it.  Completely trumped the train horn as of late.  The loud atmosphere is just not the same with the small horns that sound like model T horns.  Atmosphere plays a huge role in home field advantage, but I believe it'll come down to the last possession.  If Union can chew some time and score, it might be really tight but they can't afford to get into a shootout at this point in the season.  I would like to see this game later in the season.

Agreed.  I think RV had a very underrated big game atmosphere last year and the Ric Flair "Woo!" is fantastic. I hope that becomes tradition along with the "East Bound and Down" after long TD runs or catches.  If the stands weren't so far away, it would be a lot better.

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

No matter how he meant it, it needs to be relayed to the Union players that it was a smack in the face. Any motivation helps.. lol. 

I doubt he’s been asking for this for years. Especially from 15-17..

I think they've tried scheduling this game a couple times but SH wanted both games at home

Friday game day and 3 pm here in BSG; looks like a few thundershowers may pop up around game time. Rain may be an advantage for the Bears, as wet sod can mediate speed and inclement weather traditionally aids an underdog, but rain sure will be a disadvantage for Bear fans!

Bullitt Park can accommodate around 5000, so space should be available to all who decide to attend tonight's big game, but many of the long time fans want to get their exact traditional lucky spots. There is certainly a mystic about the field; and no one here in the Gap, whether superstitious or not, wants to be accused of disrupting the mojo! 

10 minutes ago, FBDevotee said:

Bullitt Park can accommodate around 5000, so space should be available to all who decide to attend tonight's big game, but many of the long time fans want to get their exact traditional lucky spots. There is certainly a mystic about the field; and no one here in the Gap, whether superstitious or not, wants to be accused of disrupting the mojo! 

I guess, I stand at fence anyways but notice plenty of seats up until kickoff 

3 hours ago, FBDevotee said:

i was there in the 90's to watch TJ and the vikings play appy ,   it was standing room only that night!!!

Couldn't be any more proud of the Bears tonight. They stood toe to toe through 3 quarters.

Some head scratching play calling killed a few drives, but oh well.

Looking forward to reading the coaches' comments in the paper tomorrow.

Hope the players aren't too banged up and sore this week, and are ready to head to Bluefield Friday.

10 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Couldn't be any more proud of the Bears tonight. They stood toe to toe through 3 quarters.

Some head scratching play calling killed a few drives, but oh well.

Looking forward to reading the coaches' comments in the paper tomorrow.

Hope the players aren't too banged up and sore this week, and are ready to head to Bluefield Friday.

Nothing to hang their heads over. For a 2A club to stand toe to toe against a 6A club like that shows guts and heart.