Week 3 Scores

Unchained

18 minutes ago, rvtne216 said:

Blacksburg 40, Floyd 14. Final. 

Blacksburg ends a 29 game losing streak by winning its first game since October 25, 2019. 

I'm taking my Frosty on this one.  I said Graham wouldn't be up by 35 points at any time tonight over Wytheville, so I had some crow, but I'm washing it down with Frosty.  I said BBurg gets at least one this year with a decent chance of getting 2 wins.

Graham 37, George Wythe 0 - called w/8:01 left.
Narrows 34, Chilhowie 15 - called w/3:52 left.
Marion 40, Lebanon 20 - called w/4:20 left in the 3rd. 
Ridgeview 44, Central 7
Science Hill (TN) 27, Union 6
Abingdon 17, Gate City 14
Radford 43, Va. High 3
Honaker 40, Rye Cove 32
Patrick Henry 60, J.I. Burton 7
Holston 13, John Battle 12 - OT
East. Mont. 22, Northwood 14
Galax 21, Carroll Co. 13
Phleps (KY) 20, Bland Co. 6

Hurley @ Van, WV

Grayson Co. 7, Rural Retreat 0 - on hold w/0:33 left in the half. Resumes Sat. @ Noon.
Richlands 30, Tazewell 19 - on hold at the half. Resumes Monday @ 7:00

THUR : Thomas Walker 36, Castlewood 14
Craig Co. 18, Auburn 14 - on hold w/2:23 left in the half. Resumes Mon. @ 7 @ Craig.

I know Rye Cove lost on the scoreboard but I still say it’s a win of sorts. They proved they can hold their own with the team a lot of people are predicting goes to Salem. Honaker may just do that.  If they meet again come playoff time, Rye Cove could pull the upset though. That program is headed in the right direction for sure. 

12 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

With him playing no way the game should be close let alone Richlands up. Richlands looked AWFUL last week.

Just goes back to what I said earlier, one team came prepared and the other didn’t. I put that on the coaches, kids are going to play offense/defense the way they’re told to. I do commend the Richlands team, they came ready to knock some heads and they took the energy away from Tazewell. Hopefully things will change Monday. Go Dogs.

21 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

With him playing no way the game should be close let alone Richlands up. Richlands looked AWFUL last week.

Hoping a dry field favors the dogs.  Some costly turnovers inside their own territory, including a pick 6 thrown by the punter aren't helping either.  Game is still within reach , but the defense will have to step up for the 2nd half on Monday.