Union/Graham

Gridiron60

22 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Anderson gives Union another weapon on offense. He has a good arm and is quick. Since playing Bluefield the G-Men haven't seen that type of speed. 

Anderson completely changes the character of Union's offense.  The ability to legitimately run and make linebackers miss and then the ability to throw the ball.  Union hasn't had that in years.  Not that the other QB's were not good, but he is different.  With him, everything changes, much more options on 3rd and longs of which Union was greatly hindered in the past compared to this years options on 3rd and longs with him at QB.  

12 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Anderson completely changes the character of Union's offense.  The ability to legitimately run and make linebackers miss and then the ability to throw the ball.  Union hasn't had that in years.  Not that the other QB's were not good, but he is different.  With him, everything changes, much more options on 3rd and longs of which Union was greatly hindered in the past compared to this years options on 3rd and longs with him at QB.  

You're exactly right. That's why I think they will beat Graham this year. It's not the fact that Graham doesn't have the athletes to match Union its the fact that they haven't played a QB with that type of mobility yet. This game will show us how good the G-Men really are or can be. 

7 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

You're exactly right. That's why I think they will beat Graham this year. It's not the fact that Graham doesn't have the athletes to match Union its the fact that they haven't played a QB with that type of mobility yet. This game will show us how good the G-Men really are or can be. 

One thing to never discount the Graham G-Men on is the bigs up front from tackle to tackle.  They are ELITE for a Virginia Class 2 program and have great depth.  I know Union is also very good, but for Graham, it's not just the athletic guys they have.  They have been consistently good/better than other teams in Class 2 Virginia on the line of scrimmage.  We've seen Graham get into battles where they can certainly put it in the air and just open the offense and it's fireworks, but we've also seen them quickly morph into straight power football and if the opponent wants to go that route, then Graham does it, and has been damn good at that also.  Going to be a great game.  Toss up game imo.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

I’d be stunned if my prediction wasn’t at least very close. 

I’m agreeing with you I’ll believe it when I see it.  But the SH game has made me feel that it could happen so know I’m about at 22.73% chance of a Union win lol!!!

Will be keep track of scorestream for updates on this game.  I going with the underdog in Union so we will see. 

Appomattox plays 3A Lord Botetourt tonight and I don't see that ending well for the Raiders.

3 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Will be keep track of scorestream for updates on this game.  I going with the underdog in Union so we will see. 

Appomattox plays 3A Lord Botetourt tonight and I don't see that ending well for the Raiders.

You can never count out Tha Raidas! Goodluck!

6 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Graham could be considered the underdog based on first three games compared to Union’s first three so we don’t mind if you cheer for us 😂! If any team can pull an upset on LB, it’s the Raiders! They never quit! Good luck! 

Playing Heritage that close was all I needed to see out of Appo.  They are the real deal yet again.  Don't matter if they start 1-3.  To play the team they played that tight, with that kind of defense makes them right in the game with Graham, Union, Radford, Glenvar, and I am Not picking Radford or Glenvar to win that region.  Until one of them actually does it, I will continue to pick Appo.  I was told by my Chief Pharm Instructor at Univ of Texas (after I made 2 mistakes in a row) to Beat my Head against the wall and he told me to do it hard.  He asked me if it "hurt"  I stated, "yes, it hurts."  He then asked, "why do you continue to beat your head against the wall then"?  I learned my lesson then after common things happen commonly over and over, and what's common is that Appo wins Region C Over and Over.  

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Playing Heritage that close was all I needed to see out of Appo.  They are the real deal yet again.  Don't matter if they start 1-3.  To play the team they played that tight, with that kind of defense makes them right in the game with Graham, Union, Radford, Glenvar, and I am Not picking Radford or Glenvar to win that region.  Until one of them actually does it, I will continue to pick Appo.  I was told by my Chief Pharm Instructor at Univ of Texas (after I made 2 mistakes in a row) to Beat my Head against the wall and he told me to do it hard.  He asked me if it "hurt"  I stated, "yes, it hurts."  He then asked, "why do you continue to beat your head against the wall then"?  I learned my lesson then after common things happen commonly over and over, and what's common is that Appo wins Region C Over and Over.  

Read somewhere that Heritage turned the ball over a lot that game so might be why it was close.  Not taking anything away from Appo though I’ve seen up close how good that program is and you’re right they’ll be in contention again this year for  yet ANOTHER title 

Thanks guys!  In truth we aren't as talented as groups in the past and some cohesiveness needs to happen.  They have some young talent on the field but not the big athletic problems like we've had in recent years.  Coach Smith got to ring the bell yesterday, getting out of the cancer unit at Duke; getting him back during the practice week will help bring the team along.

Heritage from what I heard we could have won.  Heritage is down though from what I'm hearing as well.

Rustburg seems to be the real deal and I think they beat us 22-7.  They seem to be rolling along and beating some teams handily.  

I've missed the last two weeks as I was in KY watching my sons college team play.  They just played Pikeville which is down near y'all I think.