Week 4 Scores/Updates

Gridiron60

30 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Yep. They were ready this time!

Soon as I saw Clements go in the game I knew it was either going to be a 1. Run 2. Screen. Union was ready for it. Very good coaching in BSG right now. Solid football team. For sure top 3 If not #1 in 2A right now. 

15 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Soon as I saw Clements go in the game I knew it was either going to be a 1. Run 2. Screen. Union was ready for it. Very good coaching in BSG right now. Solid football team. For sure top 3 If not #1 in 2A right now. 

Doesn’t Union have 47 coaches? Any team where each player has its own personal coach should be good…kidding of course, love you BSG people 

Radford's Landen Clark accounted for 7 touchdowns last night.  He passed for 4 Touchdowns and ran for 3.  Had 283 yds passing and 135 yds rushing in Radfords 56-19 win over Galax.  On the season, through 4 games, he has accounted for 21 Touchdowns, 11 Rushing and 10 Passing.  

7 hours ago, Single A west said:

Floyd has lost 7-8 players since beginning of season to injury

Blacksburg lost 35-8 to Giles to open the season. Blacksburg beat Floyd 40-14 a week ago. For Floyd to be down so many players to injury and play Grayson pretty even tells me Grayson might be in trouble as the season progresses. I don’t think they are nearly as good as the preseason hype suggested. 

10 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

33 game regular season win streak, not playoffs 

Got ya!

Watched highlights on Giles last night and heard that horn. Love the atmosphere that brings to the game. 
Congrats on the win!

11 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Got ya!

Watched highlights on Giles last night and heard that horn. Love the atmosphere that brings to the game. 
Congrats on the win!

It was a hell of a game but unfortunately my Spartans came up short. Narrows won their closest thing to a state championship for the the year, just waiting for the parade. 

2 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

It was a hell of a game but unfortunately my Spartans came up short. Narrows won their closest thing to a state championship for the the year, just waiting for the parade. 

Well, let me get my foot out of my mouth….. sorry, watched highlights before heading the the urban archery stand and was multi tasking…don’t do that well I guess. 

12 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Doesn’t Union have 47 coaches? Any team where each player has its own personal coach should be good…kidding of course, love you BSG people 

Come on bro, don't be silly. They don't have 47 coaches. Stop with the hyperbole.  The only have 37. 

16 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I do.  I want round two.  We'll beat Narrows if we play again in my opinion.  We did fine on the LOS, so right off the bat, I know we don't have a problem where they are going to gash us with power.  Number two, we have athletes.  That means, we Should....keyword....Should be able to cover the pass better with technique.  It's not a speed problem or a problem we can't overcome due to simply lack of athleticism or speed which you can't make up for in 2 months.  It's a technique problem and we can close that gap enough....just enough imo to get a win.

Theory- much of our pass defense issues in my opinion is not athletisicm issues.  It's technique issue, and that technique comes from not seeing passes in practice.  What can our defense prepare for in practice.  How does Giles possibly similate a team in practice that likes to put the ball in the air?  It's not easy, so our secondary gets far less pass reps than most, and that hurts.  Having our kids see this and Radford will hopefully prepare help prepare them enough to get over the hump, if we see Narrows again in the playoffs. Clearly though, credit to Narrows stud.  He's going to do well and perform against about anyone.

I definitely agree and would love to see a Rd 2. The better team didn't win that game on the score board. I wouldn't have been as excited about seeing Narrows in the playoffs last year but Giles wins that game 9 out 10 times this year. 

9 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

I definitely agree and would love to see a Rd 2. The better team didn't win that game on the score board. I wouldn't have been as excited about seeing Narrows in the playoffs last year but Giles wins that game 9 out 10 times this year. 

They had the best player by a WIDE margin....that alone in division 1 is enough for me not wanting to see narz again