Tazewell vs Va High

THS6805

This one could go either way. Virginia High is much better than their record indicates. Based on line play and an extra week to prepare id go with Virginia High. Tazewell has the talent to make it hard though. The Bearcats need this one.

Virginia high 28

Tazewell 21

5 hours ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Whoever wins secures a post-season spot,  VHS has more winnable games left but it will make power points between the 2 very close and be the difference of being a possible 5 to 8 spot in November. 

42-41 either way

I agree the only team VA high has played that has a losing record was John Battle and they won. Line pay leans VA High skill guys lean Tazewell. It depends on what kind of game is played. VA High should snap the ball with 5 left of the play clock and shorten the game and keep that offense off the field. If it turns into a track meet Tazewell runs away with it. Tazewell, VA High, Marion, and Lebanon are fighting for second in the SWD we will know more about who gets that spot 2 weeks from today

Tazewell nearly gets beat by a winless Richlands. Va High plays both Graham and Ridgeview within 2 scores.

One would think that would be the end of the comparison and go with Va High.

But then, Tazewell beats Grundy by 40, who beats PH by 2, who beats Va High by 10. Strange season!

Absolutely no clue who wins this one. I'll just go with Va High because they have the word bear in their mascot. 🤷‍♂️

I really don't know on this one.  I feel like it is truly a toss up game and there doesn't seem to be a lot of those anymore.  I think VHS has the athletes to defend Tazewell's passing attack.  I'm going to go with VHS 27-21

I want to see Tazewell shore up their bigs up front and use some damn force. The QB is solid and Tazewell is athletic, but I want to see those bigs from Tazewell use that size and get angry, get mean (like Patches O'Hoolihan said). Tazewell has the ability to be more than finesse in my opinion.

22 hours ago, SpillBoss said:

On defense, if Tazewell can get better containment on the ends and corners then I can see Tazewell being in control. On offense, I still don’t understand why they do not use their committee of RBs and run the ball.

I agree with this  Containing the edge has been an issue that needs addressed.  Also, I think they could use the pass to set up the run.  Run it out of the spread, I think that could be successful.

On 10/3/2023 at 12:50 PM, SpillBoss said:

On defense, if Tazewell can get better containment on the ends and corners then I can see Tazewell being in control. On offense, I still don’t understand why they do not use their committee of RBs and run the ball.

You don't have to run to set up the pass. This isn't the 1980s and they are not a Wing T, Power I offense. I see plenty of RPO, spread, and Air Raid in that offense. Spread them out and the running lanes will be open. Despite what the scores were against Graham and Ridgeview, VA wasn't busting at the seams with offense. In fact, I think it was more Ridgeview and Graham having off games than VA High keeping it that close. I'm taking the Dogs over the Cats. Gonna need see the spread before I place a bet. But I'm taking Creasy in Fantasy points. 

Noticed last week that the Dogs were playing different players at D-End. I know that Taylor played the spot and I think that one of the Patterson's played the other side. That combination gives you added speed and agility. They still didn't shed the blocks very well but were far better at pursuing down the line and forcing the plays to the inside.

5 hours ago, Popeye said:

Noticed last week that the Dogs were playing different players at D-End. I know that Taylor played the spot and I think that one of the Patterson's played the other side. That combination gives you added speed and agility. They still didn't shed the blocks very well but were far better at pursuing down the line and forcing the plays to the inside.

One DE was out sick. One good thing about having the talent, Tazewell is able to move kids around that can play various positions. Like I’ve said before, they’ve always had the talent. Just not the knowledge of how to use it.

15 hours ago, LacesOutDan23 said:

You don't have to run to set up the pass. This isn't the 1980s and they are not a Wing T, Power I offense. I see plenty of RPO, spread, and Air Raid in that offense. Spread them out and the running lanes will be open. Despite what the scores were against Graham and Ridgeview, VA wasn't busting at the seams with offense. In fact, I think it was more Ridgeview and Graham having off games than VA High keeping it that close. I'm taking the Dogs over the Cats. Gonna need see the spread before I place a bet. But I'm taking Creasy in Fantasy points. 

Virginia high played well defenively in both games. Virginia Highs offense was considerably better in the Graham game. I'm sorry but even if they had off games, they should still win by 3 plus tds. I feel that VHS is considerably better than their record. 

55 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

Virginia high played well defenively in both games. Virginia Highs offense was considerably better in the Graham game. I'm sorry but even if they had off games, they should still win by 3 plus tds. I feel that VHS is considerably better than their record. 

As is Tazewell being better than their record shows. I will never understand all the Tazewell Bulldogs hate on this site.