Battle @ Central

pakdastands

5 hours ago, pakdastands said:

Well if BigWinners says it happens, I guess it did.

I’m just telling you what I’ve heard, in person, more than once over the last few years. I don’t give a shit if you believe me or not but it’s the truth. 

Do you know why everyone hates Central? Every other surrounding school? Because they’ve earned the hatred. It’s for reasons, numerous. Believe what you want I don’t care, I was just telling you that you were 1,000% wrong insinuating it’s only on this forum. 

17 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I’m just telling you what I’ve heard, in person, more than once over the last few years. I don’t give a shit if you believe me or not but it’s the truth. 

Do you know why everyone hates Central? Every other surrounding school? Because they’ve earned the hatred. It’s for reasons, numerous. Believe what you want I don’t care, I was just telling you that you were 1,000% wrong insinuating it’s only on this forum. 

Well I hadn't heard this until I got on this forum about 7 years ago.  I was just curious.  Chill out.  Apparently you have a lot of love for Central too.

Central's earned hatred really stems from previous years.  Their super class of '22 and the fans earned a fair bit of that.  There was a lot of trash talked and their fans rushed the RV field after their upset playoff win in '19. I was on the field with my son and their fans and parents were doing some serious trash talking that almost led to a few scuffles.  When RV repaid the favor in '21 with thei upset playoff win at Central they deployed several Karens to stand around the field and keep RV fans from going on the field.  I told one of them that I was going to walk out on the field and give my son a big ole hug and high-five and she yelled for the cops and literally said "You need to arrest him".  I shit you not.  I told the young officer that I was not breaking any laws he just smiled and nodded, and I walked out to see my son with several other parents. 

I agree that the fan base does act like it is above and better than their rivals...especially RV who is known to have their fair share of rowdy fans.  I think there is an impression that things are rigged for certain families over there and that McAmis isn't always fair and impartial. The nepotism can't be denied.  I think there is much less animosity toward them now which is definitely due in part to being so down in football.  I, for one, miss those heated and hate filled RV/Central football matchups. 

15 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Central's earned hatred really stems from previous years.  Their super class of '22 and the fans earned a fair bit of that.  There was a lot of trash talked and their fans rushed the RV field after their upset playoff win in '19. I was on the field with my son and their fans and parents were doing some serious trash talking that almost led to a few scuffles.  When RV repaid the favor in '21 with thei upset playoff win at Central they deployed several Karens to stand around the field and keep RV fans from going on the field.  I told one of them that I was going to walk out on the field and give my son a big ole hug and high-five and she yelled for the cops and literally said "You need to arrest him".  I shit you not.  I told the young officer that I was not breaking any laws he just smiled and nodded, and I walked out to see my son with several other parents. 

I agree that the fan base does act like it is above and better than their rivals...especially RV who is known to have their fair share of rowdy fans.  I think there is an impression that things are rigged for certain families over there and that McAmis isn't always fair and impartial. The nepotism can't be denied.  I think there is much less animosity toward them now which is definitely due in part to being so down in football.  I, for one, miss those heated and hate filled RV/Central football matchups. 

I cannot think of a single fanbase that has ever bragged about the nice, friendly fans from Central.

Last time Union went there, the lady working the visitor ticket gate was an absolute turd. Just rude, hateful, miserable really. She was talking smack to our fans before she even opened the gate.

Central has earned every bit of the bad reputation they have.

3 hours ago, TnT+h said:

They have numbers within the school right?  Watched them a few years ago and thought they could play with anyone- they had a WR that had good size and speed and two really good young LBs- Ol had size and some finish to them,  What has happened?  I know graduation and coaching  changes happens but still alot more than most to recruit from!

To many parents want to be involved at that school they need to stand back and let things happen.  Mullins should be a good coach hes had plenty of experience and he should feel pretty comfy since he is a Mccamis by marriage.   

Any parents up pound / wise way want their kid to experience real football training and passion come on down and enroll at one of the Union schools. It all starts in the peanut system and continues right on up ! No need for a swva superbowl win, it means nothing. Nothing like the passion of Union football and a Friday night game at the Bullitt ! That’s where the dubs are ! Come on down, make football players out of them !

4 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

I love and respect each and every one of you to be honest. I’ve tried and tried to get mine to go else where because of the reasons stated in this thread but he wanted to remain with his friends. 

Hate that the actions of a few make everyone look like asshats, not all of us are tards, just there supporting our kids like you all are.

2 minutes ago, onewarrior2 said:

I love and respect each and every one of you to be honest. I’ve tried and tried to get mine to go else where because of the reasons stated in this thread but he wanted to remain with his friends. 

Hate that the actions of a few make everyone look like asshats, not all of us are tards, just there supporting our kids like you all are.

Don't blame him for wanting to be with his friends and they're not the problem at Central anyways

1 hour ago, onewarrior2 said:

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Don't blame him for wanting to be with his friends and they're not the problem at Central anyways

Exact same boat I was in when my sons went to CHS:( Oh how I begged them to come to Union, but I respected their reasons and decision.. Other than the class act that is Robin Dotson and his amazing program, it's been nothing but heartbreak and letdowns for the kids there:(

9 hours ago, pakdastands said:

Well I hadn't heard this until I got on this forum about 7 years ago.  I was just curious.  Chill out.  Apparently you have a lot of love for Central too.

You insinuated I was lying and then I’m the one being sensitive or whatever? Cmon now. I hate Central, it’s well known, but I know some really good, decent people from there. It’s nothing about any individual kid or anything, it’s just the way some have behaved in the past. 

It's like every other spot,  you have some passionate people that care for the right reasons along with turds that care for the wrong reasons.  From my experience, the pound kids seemed a bit more humble but it's the same in all counties. That being said,  it's a coin toss between battle and central. 

This game is hard to predict Battle beat Abingdon then took there shares of the other side, Central yet to get rolling and got stem rolled by Abingdon.   Both teams have signs of some talent but it come down to who wants to  comes together and play as a team not as individuals.

2 hours ago, pakdastands said:

Every fan base has arrogance.  Your lying if you say different.  Every fan base has a**holes.  Some kill it for everyone.  I just watch ball.

You are correct.  Some just have more than others and it manifests in different ways and the M7 has varied versions of it.  Take Central...we've discussed it here already but I've experienced it from the staff, assistants, volunteers, coaches, etc. more than the dang fans.  It's almost like it is coordinated at all levels..lol.  I figured that it was mostly their love of looking down on those "redneck" Wolfpack fans.  But, as I talked to other fans...Union, Tazewell, Richlands for example, they all said the same thing.  Trenton Adkins told me after a RV/Central win in which they "held" him to less than 300 yards rushing that he had never been cussed more in his life and called some inappropriate names.......and RV won by 20+ points.  Richlands people said that during Mance's last game, in the playoffs at Central, was the worse sportsmanship they had ever seen.  That is saying a lot as that program has played a lot of teams around the state.  

Now, RV fans are rowdy and will argue every....damn....call...on the field.  They are famous for pissing refs off and feeling like "the refs are always against us."  But, I honestly can say they definitely aren't snooty or look down on anyone.  And RV has its own issues but I feel like they are often labeled as too rowdy when the other fans aren't much better.  There are local politics here but I'll be damned if I can figure out why some families have influence and others don't.  It doesn't seem to be financially based.....but there are very questionable player utilization at RV that I just can't square.

Union has their own issues as well.  I hate to say it, and it's not really represented by our Union fans on here, but they often carry themselves like they invented football and the other team should be honored to be on the field with them.  If you beat them, it was an anomaly.  I think the Sproles LB for RV said it best before the big RV/Union game in 2018.....They think they are the only physical team around but they are gonna find out Friday night on the ridge that we are going to knock them in the teeth.   I think Graham pushing them back the last several years is actually good for Union......keep that fire lit.   If you can out-Union Union you will get in their heads for sure. But, Union has earned the right to some arrogance as they have the the track record of performance for over 30 years.

I guess that is why Central irks some of us so much because they haven't really earned the right to act like that in regards to football. I was actually surprised to learn that they haven't won a Mountain 7 title in football. 

Gate City is what you get if you cross RV and Union.  I've never had a negative experience with Lee or Battle and I'm sure everyone just assumes Abingdon is in a higher tax bracket that the rest of us.  Lol. 

7 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

You are correct.  Some just have more than others and it manifests in different ways and the M7 has varied versions of it.  Take Central...we've discussed it here already but I've experienced it from the staff, assistants, volunteers, coaches, etc. more than the dang fans.  It's almost like it is coordinated at all levels..lol.  I figured that it was mostly their love of looking down on those "redneck" Wolfpack fans.  But, as I talked to other fans...Union, Tazewell, Richlands for example, they all said the same thing.  Trenton Adkins told me after a RV/Central win in which they "held" him to less than 300 yards rushing that he had never been cussed more in his life and called some inappropriate names.......and RV won by 20+ points.  Richlands people said that during Mance's last game, in the playoffs at Central, was the worse sportsmanship they had ever seen.  That is saying a lot as that program has played a lot of teams around the state.  

Now, RV fans are rowdy and will argue every....damn....call...on the field.  They are famous for pissing refs off and feeling like "the refs are always against us."  But, I honestly can say they definitely aren't snooty or look down on anyone.  And RV has its own issues but I feel like they are often labeled as too rowdy when the other fans aren't much better.  There are local politics here but I'll be damned if I can figure out why some families have influence and others don't.  It doesn't seem to be financially based.....but there are very questionable player utilization at RV that I just can't square.

Union has their own issues as well.  I hate to say it, and it's not really represented by our Union fans on here, but they often carry themselves like they invented football and the other team should be honored to be on the field with them.  If you beat them, it was an anomaly.  I think the Sproles LB for RV said it best before the big RV/Union game in 2018.....They think they are the only physical team around but they are gonna find out Friday night on the ridge that we are going to knock them in the teeth.   I think Graham pushing them back the last several years is actually good for Union......keep that fire lit.   If you can out-Union Union you will get in their heads for sure. But, Union has earned the right to some arrogance as they have the the track record of performance for over 30 years.

I guess that is why Central irks some of us so much because they haven't really earned the right to act like that in regards to football. I was actually surprised to learn that they haven't won a Mountain 7 title in football. 

Gate City is what you get if you cross RV and Union.  I've never had a negative experience with Lee or Battle and I'm sure everyone just assumes Abingdon is in a higher tax bracket that the rest of us.  Lol. 

I couldn't agree with you more on everything that you said.

10 minutes ago, RichRich said:

It took a real  man to sit in the crapper at  Carol Dale stadium and do your business making eye contact with everyone that came in.  Central hasnt earned this level of manhood

I'm out of reactions today sir, but I think I know an awesome post when I see one.  You sir, just delivered an instant classic.

15 hours ago, RichRich said:

It took a real  man to sit in the crapper at  Carol Dale stadium and do your business making eye contact with everyone that came in.  Central hasnt earned this level of manhood

Lord, atleast we had stall walls set up in the ole LB. May have not had doors and nasty but we were modest enough to put walls up 😂

On 10/5/2023 at 10:58 AM, SwvaOG said:

I agree with every word of this except a couple. I can’t believe you weren’t aware football was actually invented in BSG and we are kind enough to allow all of you heathens to participate in our sport.