Week 9 Scores/Updates

Queue

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

All in good fun.  Of course I respect Giles and their tradition and the train horn.  I don't like the announcements about the noise makers either.  I remember the days when all the teams had cowbells, air - horns jugs of rocks , those (vu - vu zela's - not sure if I spelled that right).  Just a little rib poking, all in fun of course.  

I’m just a little shocked about the band not playing when the opposing team has the ball. That’s usually an advantage to having a band. 

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m just a little shocked about the band not playing when the opposing team has the ball. That’s usually an advantage to having a band. 

Yeah, when the announcer said something about the fans and the cowbells, I thought that was too over the top.  I laughed out loud about that.  I'm sure he is just doing what he is told to do.  I'm sure that's coming from somebody higher up in the county.

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Careful  Swvagridiron, he's sneaky, huge, and smells horrible and has immense punching power. Offer him jerky if you piss him off.

In my old age, I'm more about just eating jerky, screaming at the top of my lungs and throwing rocks.  I'm sure he has nothing to worry about.  As for smelling horrible, you could be on the money with that one.  

Just now, tornado99 said:

Honaker kneeling. 26-18 Final.

I watched this one on NFHS. Honaker got a tough win on the road against a good team. Teams trying and expected to make deep runs usually have a game or two like that on the way and good teams pull it out. Honaker did just that. Patrick Henry is really good up front.

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I watched this one on NFHS. Honaker got a tough win on the road against a good team. Teams trying and expected to make deep runs usually have a game or two like that on the way and good teams pull it out. Honaker did just that. Patrick Henry is really good up front.

Region 1D just makes me scratch my head sometimes. It just seems to be very unpredictable 

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Region 1D just makes me scratch my head sometimes. It just seems to be very unpredictable 

Yep, other than Honaker, most of 1D is straight power football (which I love). The variance in scores in my opinion is when a power team turns over 2 or 3 times and gets 2 or 3 holding penalties that kills the drive and they lose to someone they should maybe beat. Then the opposite, that power team doesn't turn over or get holding calls, and kills clock and beats someone maybe they shouldn't. Lots of that in 1D with teams like Grundy, PH, Rural Retreat.

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

WCYB did an excellent job! I’m no longer in their coverage area but watched on YouTube/Roku. If that was James Colley he’s a pleasure to listen call the game.

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Why didn't he run the ball early in the game?

Maybe Giles figured 3 and out every drive isn't necessary a recipe for success? 20 points in 2 games since Ratcliff went out probably doesn't cut the mustard? 

24 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Yep, other than Honaker, most of 1D is straight power football (which I love). The variance in scores in my opinion is when a power team turns over 2 or 3 times and gets 2 or 3 holding penalties that kills the drive and they lose to someone they should maybe beat. Then the opposite, that power team doesn't turn over or get holding calls, and kills clock and beats someone maybe they shouldn't. Lots of that in 1D with teams like Grundy, PH, Rural Retreat.

This was a good win on the road, in the cold and rain, against a power run team. Made great adjustments at halftime and held PH scoreless in the 2nd half. 

Godspeed is for real, running behind Barrett he's hard to find and then he's shifty and hard to bring down. Enjoyed watching him tonight. He had to have around 50 carries!

24 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

WCYB did an excellent job! I’m no longer in their coverage area but watched on YouTube/Roku. If that was James Colley he’s a pleasure to listen call the game.

Coach Colley has been excellent each time I have watched one of the games he has down commentary for WCYB. He done great as usual tonight. 

49 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Should’ve just went to YouTube and watched wcyb much better than nfhs

Abingdon just lined up and took it to Ridgeview who looked really bad tonight, ph had a great game plan but came up short,  central is that bad,  jsb is a player or two away from getting there, Graham still doesn't appear to be at potential, lots of head scratching this week in 1D and 2D. Points in both just got tight so the shuffling begins in rankings. Good luck to everyone the last few weeks to set up some great post season play. 

12 minutes ago, bhs7695 said:

That's the most embarrassing loss I've seen Bluefield have in football. Zero excuse not to score one point on Oak Hill.

First loss to Oak Hill in 20 years and first time they've been shutout since losing to Weir 40-0 in the 2005 state championship. This is the worst I've seen Bluefield in a really long time.