Tazewell vs Graham

Gridiron60

We may have lost two games but both of those teams are top notched and will go far in the playoffs . Did we play well , no . Will we beat Graham , according to the majority on here who have seen Tazewell play and even those who have no clue how good Tazewell is probably not . One thing I will guarantee, these young men will show up and give 150%. They will represent Tazewell well , they will shake hands after the game , and wish Graham good luck the rest of the season ……and as a father of one of the players, who I know will give 200%,  I will back them win or lose . 

Go Dawgs ……

1 hour ago, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

We may have lost two games but both of those teams are top notched and will go far in the playoffs . Did we play well , no . Will we beat Graham , according to the majority on here who have seen Tazewell play and even those who have no clue how good Tazewell is probably not . One thing I will guarantee, these young men will show up and give 150%. They will represent Tazewell well , they will shake hands after the game , and wish Graham good luck the rest of the season ……and as a father of one of the players, who I know will give 200%,  I will back them win or lose . 

Go Dawgs ……

Good post! I hope Tazewell will have a good game against Graham. We'll soon see. 

42 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

Good post! I hope Tazewell will have a good game against Graham. We'll soon see. 

I honestly think Tazewell will have a great game. Graham’s DBs struggled against Pulaski and Cougar receivers were wide open all night long. Tazewell has a heck of a lot better passing game than Pulaski. Contrarily , I think Tazewell will have their work cut out stopping Graham’s run game. We’ll see but I think it’s close. The only caveat is if Tazewell gets down say three scores against Graham, I don't know if they rally or give up. Could be as much mental game as physical game if that happens. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I honestly think Tazewell will have a great game. Graham’s DBs struggled against Pulaski and Cougar receivers were wide open all night long. Tazewell has a heck of a lot better passing game than Pulaski. Contrarily , I think Tazewell will have their work cut out stopping Graham’s run game. We’ll see but I think it’s close. The only caveat is if Tazewell gets down say three scores against Graham, I don't know if they rally or give up. Could be as much mental game as physical game if that happens. 

I agree.  The Dogs seem to have some confidence coming into this one, That is big for them.  Tazewell has some talented players and good size and strength on the line.  They are trending up, so is Graham.  I think for Tazewell to have a chance to win, they will  have to capitalize with their possessions, put up a lot of points and protect Creasy at all cost.  He won't have time to stand in the pocket, but he is very good at the short and intermediate passing game too and has several athletic receivers.  If Graham crowds the line and Creasy is able to get the ball out of his hands, could be trouble for Graham.  On the other hand, stopping Graham's  balanced offense, especially the run-game will be a challenge for Tazewell.  IF the Graham penalty machine shows up, that could hurt Graham.  Hoping for a great, injury free game and good weather.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:37 PM, Gridiron60 said:

When you play run first that's going to happen. Graham has to get on Creasy fast and contain him. If Graham plays to their potential they are 3 scores better if not Tazewell can make this a game. 

On 10/24/2023 at 5:05 PM, Wildcat/Chanticleer said:

Go Dawgs ……

I’ve not seen Tazewell play so my prediction is just a guess but it’s hard to overlook the first half they played vs Richlands.  But Tazewell could win for all I know.

19 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

I’ve not seen Tazewell play so my prediction is just a guess but it’s hard to overlook the first half they played vs Richlands.  But Tazewell could win for all I know.

So one bad half of football is hard to overlook. What about the sloppy game against Bluefield to open the season, or the struggle win against VA High for Graham? Does that factor into your decision, or better yet, your "guess"? Not too mention the first half in a torrential downpour with multiple pauses in play, that they eventually won with forced turnovers, defense, and a wide open offense, that happened in early September while we are now in late October? And with that logic, for how "good" Richlands played in the first half against Tazewell, why are they still looking for their first win? Like I said before, I don't get the hate on the Bulldogs that is on this site. 

Even if the Dogs win, I'm convinced most on this site would say it was more Graham losing than the Dogs winning. So give me the Dogs, just for pure chaos. 

Wishing both teams well.  I think Tazewell can win this game with a good solid passing attack and keeping the Gmen's offense off the field.  Graham's running game could be the difference, but I think its time for Tazewell to take the next step and come out on top.  I'm going with the Dawgs in a close one. Dawgs 28--Gmen 27

If Graham stacks the line they are going to be in for a long night. Tazewell have the passing attack to take advantage of that. I think you have to play a light box and make them run the ball to beat you. Graham is balanced only in the since that they pass and run attempts are close to equal. Anything longer than 10 yards down field is iffy at best. QB edge goes to Tazewell for sure. Both defenses are pretty solid but over all I would probably lean Graham there weak spot is the backend and Tazewell can make you pay there. This is going to sound crazy but I think this game comes down to special teams. Can Tazewell convert on the 2 point conversions since they dont seem to like to kick PAT. Will Graham block a punt? Will one of these teams return a kick for 6? If there has been a year to get Graham in the SWD over the last 6 year it is this year and Tazewell is the only school with the fire power to do it. It is sad however that due to power points even with a win they are still behind Graham in seeding. I predict we will have a rematch second round of the playoffs.  

4 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

If Graham stacks the line they are going to be in for a long night. Tazewell have the passing attack to take advantage of that. I think you have to play a light box and make them run the ball to beat you. Graham is balanced only in the since that they pass and run attempts are close to equal. Anything longer than 10 yards down field is iffy at best. QB edge goes to Tazewell for sure. Both defenses are pretty solid but over all I would probably lean Graham there weak spot is the backend and Tazewell can make you pay there. This is going to sound crazy but I think this game comes down to special teams. Can Tazewell convert on the 2 point conversions since they dont seem to like to kick PAT. Will Graham block a punt? Will one of these teams return a kick for 6? If there has been a year to get Graham in the SWD over the last 6 year it is this year and Tazewell is the only school with the fire power to do it. It is sad however that due to power points even with a win they are still behind Graham in seeding. I predict we will have a rematch second round of the playoffs.  

Not that don't like to just the original kickers quit the team after Ft Chiswell (story of its own there) and went until Va High that someone joined the team and started kicking XPs.  He is doing well considering.  He makes some he misses some and a few get blocked.  We are just thrilled when he does get them just because of the situation.  Punts can be blocked and don't always have the best distance so this very well could be a deciding factor.

18 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

The year to get Graham was the covid year. And with a loaded team on their home field they still couldn't do it. Tonight we find out if they are ready to play big boy football and take the next step. My guess it goes much like the last 2 years. 

2 hours ago, LacesOutDan23 said:

So one bad half of football is hard to overlook. What about the sloppy game against Bluefield to open the season, or the struggle win against VA High for Graham? Does that factor into your decision, or better yet, your "guess"? Not too mention the first half in a torrential downpour with multiple pauses in play, that they eventually won with forced turnovers, defense, and a wide open offense, that happened in early September while we are now in late October? And with that logic, for how "good" Richlands played in the first half against Tazewell, why are they still looking for their first win? Like I said before, I don't get the hate on the Bulldogs that is on this site. 

Even if the Dogs win, I'm convinced most on this site would say it was more Graham losing than the Dogs winning. So give me the Dogs, just for pure chaos. 

😭 😢 

10 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

😭 😢 

22 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

On 10/23/2023 at 4:54 PM, Duke2015 said:

I know they’re rivals but don’t see this being close at all 

42-14 Graham 

Expert analysis. I bet you put money on one team on FanDuel, while betting the other team on DraftKings. Hey, cant lose right.

11 minutes ago, LacesOutDan23 said:

Expert analysis. I bet you put money on one team on FanDuel, while betting the other team on DraftKings. Hey, cant lose right.

This reminds me of that other Tazewell poster who isn’t around anymore… 🤣

1 hour ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I believe it’s going to come down to line line play, and can Tazewell’s defensive ends keep contain!

Go Dogs!

Goodluck. Clements is almost at 100% or already 100%. Easier said than done. 

5 hours ago, LacesOutDan23 said:

lol okay 

when was last time Tazwell beat Graham?