Tazewell vs Graham

Gridiron60

SWD Championship on the line ~ can Tazewell pull out the win? Graham will need to contain Creasy & bring the pressure! If he throws at will, it could end up being a barn burner! Graham has some kinks to work out still but penalties were much less against Pulaski which is a plus. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

SWD Championship on the line ~ can Tazewell pull out the win? Graham will need to contain Creasy & bring the pressure! If he throws at will, it could end up being a barn burner! Graham has some kinks to work out still but penalties were much less against Pulaski which is a plus. 

My question is does tazewell have the defense to defend grahams run game? All depends on how tazewell comes out. I think tazewell can compete with graham, but will they is the question. I could see this game going either way but if tazewell comes out like they did against Princeton then  it’s a rolling clock by halftime! Good luck to both teams for injury free, good clean game! I think it’s gonna be a good game this year!

I think Tazewell's offense wiil pose challenges for Graham's defense.  For Tazewell to win, they will have to protect Creasy and capitalize on their possessions and out - pace Graham.  Graham's running game will pose problems for Tazewell.  If the penalty machine shows up for Graham, it could bite them in this one.  Both teams have made good progress the past 2 or 3 weeks and are playing well.  Should be interesting.  

I give Tazewell a punchers chance IF they can give the QB some time. Graham still seems to not be what they have been in years past defensively. However, I think they dominate this game. 

Offensively, I don’t see the dawgs having anything for grahams run game. I think Graham may boat race them. 

Echoing what you all have said. Two keys factors in this game for Tazewell to have a chance.

1. Got to give the QB enough time for WRs to get open. If Graham gets pressure only with front 4 and without having to blitz, it is a long night for Dogs.

2. Tazewell not giving the Graham DEFENSIVE big play. Graham's defense is very good at making big plays. They can give up yds, give up some points, but have 2 or 3 key takeaways like pick 6's or stripping running backs of the football, that lead to TDs or short fields.

For Graham. Limit turnovers and penalties and they win the game. Don't have to be perfect on offense with running or passing or on defense with running or passing, if they don't have over 60 yds in penalties and don't turn over more than once, they will win.

Tazewell is a good football team with good talent and they do have a chance to win this game. I go Graham by 13 pts.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

And one more thing, I don't know if it's West VA rules or Tazewell County rules at Mitchell Stadium, but God forbid somebody farts the wrong way or has their cellphone ring during the game. "Off with his head!"

Well being that it's in WV, the rules don't apply that the county school board imposed. The VHSL rules for "noise" are still in place but up to them to enforce. I can assure you that the school board will have them follow the stupid county rules as they don't want to ruffle any feathers 🙄 same reason they limited attendance during the spring season. Didnt want to be unfair to Tazewell or Richlands

6 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Well being that it's in WV, the rules don't apply that the county school board imposed. The VHSL rules for "noise" are still in place but up to them to enforce. I can assure you that the school board will have them follow the stupid county rules as they don't want to ruffle any feathers 🙄 same reason they limited attendance during the spring season. Didnt want to be unfair to Tazewell or Richlands

I hear you Stubean. It's not just Tazewell Couny. We see it all over. All about power and control and human nature I guess, we love to have it.

30 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I hear you Stubean. It's not just Tazewell Couny. We see it all over. All about power and control and human nature I guess, we love to have it.

Fully support my Dogs no matter what but so glad my kids are not part of the county school system for so many reasons. 

Back to topic, if the Dogs come out inspired and fired up and not make mistakes, this game can be theirs. Win or lose, I hope to make it a game and they get some of the respect they should earn. 

I’ve heard cowbells all season & Union brought horn type noisemakers possibly those you pump with hand and I don’t think anything was said entire game , not even to the bands. Graham’s band basically plays or chants the entire game even when we’re on offense. It’s not been an issue yet. 

The game is completely administered by Virginia football rules and Tazewell County BOA rules. WV has nothing to do with the game except the city of Bluefield provides the police and of course WV criminal and civil law if "we' get it trouble with the law. lol.

8 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

And one more thing, I don't know if it's West VA rules or Tazewell County rules at Mitchell Stadium, but God forbid somebody farts the wrong way or has their cellphone ring during the game. "Off with his head!"

"Artificial" noise makers seem to be the problem.  Farting the wrong way is allowed...  Silence the phones, however.

I love my dogs win or lose, you just don’t know which Tazewell team will show up. If Graham get up by a score or two we’re know to get down and shit falls apart. Play smart ball and protect the ball. I’m hoping for a good game with Tazewell coming out on top. We’ll see come Friday? When is last time Tazewell won the SWD?

32 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I love my dogs win or lose, you just don’t know which Tazewell team will show up. If Graham get up by a score or two we’re know to get down and shit falls apart. Play smart ball and protect the ball. I’m hoping for a good game with Tazewell coming out on top. We’ll see come Friday? When is last time Tazewell won the SWD?

I’m guessing the last outright title is 1986? They may have shared it since then.

48 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

1843. Last shared it in 1911. 

5 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I think the kids are playing with confidence.  I'm sure they'll give it their best shot. 

20 hours ago, tornado99 said:

I’m guessing the last outright title is 1986? They may have shared it since then.

Best of my research is 86 as the following two years they lost to Grundy so at best they would have shared those years.  In the 90's they were losing to Richlands, Graham or both.  Not sure the long history of southwest district membership so hard to be 100% sure there.  Going back in my memory the schools I remember were: Tazewell, Graham, Richlands, Grundy and Carroll County.  Prior to that I'm not sure

23 hours ago, tornado99 said:

Last outright was 1986. Shared in 87 with Grundy and Richlands. Lebanon won their only SWD title in 88. After that Graham, Grundy, and Richlands dominated.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I know that Tazewell has lots of athletes, but I don't think they have as many football players as Graham. Graham should roll.

They seem to be playing with a lot of confidence coming off some good wins. I think they can keep it close especially if Graham over pursues or doesn’t seal the edges. 

29 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

They seem to be playing with a lot of confidence coming off some good wins. I think they can keep it close especially if over pursues or doesn’t seal the edges. 

Obviously, anything can happen. See Abingdon/Ridgeview.

Looking from the outside in on Tazewell Co football, Graham just seems to be much better.