New Head Coach at Richlands

Blue Tornado

On 12/2/2023 at 12:54 PM, bucfan64 said:

ATW BREAKING NEWS

ACCORDING TO OUR SOURCES CRAIG PLYMAL IS THE LEADING CANDIDATE FOR THE JOB AT THIS TIME. 

We hope your source(s) is not Coach Tommy “Runs Like A Deer” Crigger. If it is, you are hard up for sources.  

We believe interviews start today for the Richlands Head Football Coaching job today. Uncle Percy was wondering over the weekend on how many of the “experts” on this site had applied? And if so, when they would have to reopen the application process again?

3 minutes ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

We believe interviews start today for the Richlands Head Football Coaching job today. Uncle Percy was wondering over the weekend on how many of the “experts” on this site had applied? And if so, when they would have to reopen the application process again?

I don't think it matters how many apply, the TCSB more than likely already had someone picked out the next day after Tarter resigned, just waiting to announce after all applications are received to save face.  It's just that political in this county school system. It would surprise me if they look at talent or experience, it's usually about, how can I help one of my buddies or family members. Sad but true!

Quick question, why are so many people invested in the hiring? I get it that you guys all support these teams when they advance but there just seems to a helluva a lot more people not associated with that program and have an opinion than those that are fans. I don’t see that in other places across the state and was wondering why? 

2 minutes ago, RedPrideNation said:

Quick question, why are so many people invested in the hiring? I get it that you guys all support these teams when they advance but there just seems to a helluva a lot more people not associated with that program and have an opinion than those that are fans. I don’t see that in other places across the state and was wondering why? 

Some of it is good-natured interest, some of it is worry that a good hire will bring back some magic that was present in the early '00's-'10's, and most of it is folks who had their head beat in for years by Richlands finally getting some satisfaction in the fact that the Blue Tornado are down at the moment. 

25 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Some of it is good-natured interest, some of it is worry that a good hire will bring back some magic that was present in the early '00's-'10's, and most of it is folks who had their head beat in for years by Richlands finally getting some satisfaction in the fact that the Blue Tornado are down at the moment. 

This is spot on. 

I think we see a familiar name for HC (with Blues ties) and some "new blood" at the coordinator positions.  By new blood I mean they don't have Richlands ties.  If it goes the way I think it might, they'll be just fine and I might just have to get over there to visit more.  

Full disclosure:  I do not have an inside connection in the hiring process.  Just reading the tea leaves.

32 minutes ago, RedPrideNation said:

In addition to what @cityofRaven said, there are a lot of traits particular to SWVA that aren't seen in other parts of the state, or country for that matter. We are bonded by a common heritage, and more like family than acquaintances.

Take the flooding that devastated the Hurley community in Buchanan Co for example. That town is over 2 hrs away from BSG, but the town/high school organized a food/supply/money drive at the football games to take up donations. This same scene was duplicated at other towns all over SWVA.

As for HS football in particular, it's a part of that shared heritage, and while we may be rivals on the field, nobody wants to see another community in a bad situation. When Chris Akers was relieved of his duties at GC, that thread was bigger than this one.

We want to see all teams competitive...just not TOO competitive. haha

23 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

When Chris Akers was relieved of his duties at GC, that thread was bigger than this one.

Not for long hahaha. This one may just beat it somehow... The biggest difference is that thread took 67 twists and turns, and this one has stayed fairly on point for the most part lol. 

It's also one of those programs that on this side of Blacksburg, the name has a prestige around it. So when a Richlands, Graham, Union, JI Burton, Gate City, George Wythe, Galax, etc come open -- people want to see where that is gonna lead. 

9 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

It's also one of those programs that on this side of Blacksburg, the name has a prestige around it. So when a Richlands, Graham, Union, JI Burton, Gate City, George Wythe, Galax, etc come open -- people want to see where that is gonna lead. 

Talk about a program that has fallen into disarray, JI Burton. Geez!

On 12/2/2023 at 12:54 PM, bucfan64 said:

ATW BREAKING NEWS

ACCORDING TO OUR SOURCES CRAIG PLYMAL IS THE LEADING CANDIDATE FOR THE JOB AT THIS TIME. 

Would that source be Ronnie Davis? Isn’t he one of the applicants? 

4 hours ago, RedPrideNation said:

Because we all have each other's backs when we're not playing each other.  We all have a vested interested in the situation, really.  

9 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Nice to see for a change! 😂 couldn’t resist