Regional Semis Score Updates

SWVAgridiron

33 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

No question though, anyone picking Radford to win the title ain't making a shabby pick. They are really, really darn good

It's time to take them serious.

24 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final in Region A. 

Amelia 14, Southampton 8.

Class 2 Pairings for final 8

Region A, Amelia at Poquoson

Region B, Riverheads at Central

Region C, Glenvar at Radford

Region D, Graham at Union or Tazewell at Graham.

Lots of rematches next week that could very well go in favor of the losing team from the first game 

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Lots of rematches next week that could very well go in favor of the losing team from the first game 

Riverheads wins this go round. Radford wins but it will be closer than the 1st time.

Unbelievable, Princeton pulled it off. I had Parkersburg by 14 points. Princeton needed the Parkersburg upset over Hurricane in order to host tonight, then catches another break as Bridgeport beats the number one seed in AAA Cabell Midland by 3 touchdowns tonight, so Princeton is now hosting the WV AAA semifinals. Just crazy. And... I'm not so sure Bridgeport is an automatic win over them. Princeton might actually win the game and play for the damn WV AAA title.

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Unbelievable, Princeton pulled it off. I had Parkersburg by 14 points. Princeton needed the Parkersburg upset over Hurricane in order to host tonight, then catches another break as Bridgeport beats the number one seed in AAA Cabell Midland by 3 touchdowns tonight, so Princeton is now hosting the WV AAA semifinals. Just crazy. And... I'm not so sure Bridgeport is an automatic win over them. Princeton might actually win the game and play for the damn WV AAA title.

Go Tigers!

11 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Riverheads wins this go round. Radford wins but it will be closer than the 1st time.

Riverheads might beat Central in the rematch but… Central is the better overall team IMHO. Lopez and Forbes are special players. Central just seems to have “it” this year. However, it is very difficult to beat a quality team twice, especially one that’s won 7 titles in a row. 

58 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Would like to see the defense that could stop that QB. I believe union could possibly ddo it. But imo unions weakness is their offense. They will struggle with a good defense 

Just curious, aside from RV and SH, Union has scored on everyone. 27+ against everyone but those two and RV was anomaly. I worry more about having to play from behind. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

Just curious, aside from RV and SH, Union has scored on everyone. 27+ against everyone but those two and RV was anomaly. I worry more about having to play from behind. 

If Radford has a weakness, I think it's the D-Line.  If a team can control possession against them, they have a chance.

35 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Congratulations to Gate City for a really good season! They came to play and their QB was one of the best we’ve faced in my opinion. He fought hard all night long and is fast! GC won the first half but Graham dominated the second! Clements dug in and earned every yard he was able to get! Edwards , once again great showing! Defense played well  probably not the best. Both teams are going to be sore tomorrow! Great night of smash mouth football in pouring rain. So yes, you can actually play football in the rain! 😂 Graham needed a game like this!

I wouldn’t take him over Reyshawn or Creasy. He’s very good but Bears held them to 95 total yards. 

I have wanted this since week 1 at about 10 minutes after 9 that first a Friday night. Could certainly lose again because Central is legit but I like how this team has grown throughout the year. Looks like a lot of quality football in Class 2 this year. Everybody better not overlook Poquoson. Tough team that is battle tested. 

Just now, RedPrideNation said:

I have wanted this since week 1 at about 10 minutes after 9 that first a Friday night. Could certainly lose again because Central is legit but I like how this team has grown throughout the year. Looks like a lot of quality football in Class 2 this year. Everybody better not overlook Poquoson. Tough team that is battle tested. 

Not many 49-0 second round games in 2A lol. 

11 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I wouldn’t take him over Reyshawn or Creasy. He’s very good but Bears held them to 95 total yards. 

Not sure if he was playing injured this year or not but seemed like he had a better season last year 

That QB for Radford ain't no joke. Gracious sakes man, he's a bolt, quick as all get out, and has a laser arm. To beat them, it's going to take a defensive line that just blows up the play and disrupts their OL to where he's under great duress, and the team that does that is going to have to hammer them on the ground and kill clock.

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

That QB for Radford ain't no joke. Gracious sakes man, he's a bolt, quick as all get out, and has a laser arm. To beat them, it's going to take a defensive line that just blows up the play and disrupts their OL to where he's under great duress, and the team that does that is going to have to hammer them on the ground and kill clock.

I think they rub him down in baby oil before the game. I haven’t seen someone that slippery since Tony Romo 

20 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I’ve had a chance to see our boys against Radford, Graham, and Union. 

Most of the year, my thoughts were that Graham had the most talent, Union was the most complete team, and Radford had the best player. Granted, Graham didn’t have Clements, and that could have changed my opinion, but it seems like Radford has really risen to what Clark is  

The next two weeks are going to be phenomenal in 2A  I just hope we are still playing and I miss it 😂