Region Finals Scores and Updates.

Real Sasquatch

7 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Tazewell finished the season 8-4 with losses to:

12-1 Princeton (AAA WV state finalist)

12-1 Riverheads (state semi-finalist)

11-1 Union (state semi-finalist or region finalist)

11-1 graham (state semi-finalist or region finalist)

I'll admit that all the talk on Tazewell the last few years vs the playoff results had me doubting them this year, but seeing them in person changed my opinion completely.

They're close, really close!

9 minutes ago, EH31 said:

That’s good and all but doesn’t hide the fact that people can’t have fun at Tazewell’s field 😂

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I'll admit that all the talk on Tazewell the last few years vs the playoff results had me doubting them this year, but seeing them in person changed my opinion completely.

They're close, really close!

They'll find a way to blow it.

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Graham and Union are certainly both capable  of beating Radford but they wont have an advantage like Glenvar did. The Highlanders have played against Clark for 3 straight years and gotten the best of him with the exception of this year. Glenvar also has a great coaching staff that is a nightmare for teams in a rematch(ask us Giles fans about 2014…) Clifford(Glenvar’s Coach) is a genius at scouting and finding the weak spots and coming up with new schemes to throw the opposing team off. Radford shell shocked Glenvar in the first quarter the first time they played but after that they didn’t really do a whole lot. 

Again, Union and Graham have the athletes to beat the Bobcats but if they get overconfident thinking they’re just gonna run it down Radford’s throat and be able to contain Clark they may also get shell shocked. 

I don't normally talk about teams unless I've seen them in person, but I've watched a lot of film on Radford and Appo. That's why I was confident that the Raiders wouldn't make it out of the region.

For Radford, I keep seeing the same thing over and over, regardless of the opponent. That has boosted my confidence in a Union/Radford matchup, if they're fortunate enough to get past Graham.

Glenvar definitely had a 2nd chance luxury that Graham/Union won't have.

That's also what worries me about tomorrow... Graham's 2nd chance at the Bears.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

That’s honestly why I picked Graham this time around. All because of it being a rematch. I don’t think there is much of a talent difference between the two and they’re both coached well but them rematches are dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

That’s honestly why I picked Graham this time around. All because of it being a rematch. I don’t think there is much of a talent difference between the two and they’re both coached well but them rematches are dangerous. 

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞Hope you’re right! GMen have so many starters out and others banged up! I think Union wins at LOS & Graham maybe a slight advantage on special teams. Hopefully, the GMen can dig deep and play to win and coaches make any necessary adjustments! It’s hard to win at Bullitt Park. 

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I don't normally talk about teams unless I've seen them in person, but I've watched a lot of film on Radford and Appo. That's why I was confident that the Raiders wouldn't make it out of the region.

For Radford, I keep seeing the same thing over and over, regardless of the opponent. That has boosted my confidence in a Union/Radford matchup, if they're fortunate enough to get past Graham.

Yeah, you never know what to expect when Graham and Union play the past few years.  Both very good teams, both capable of beating each other.  I give the edge to Union because of the lineplay, but would not be surprised to see Graham come out with the "W" because of the big play capability with their athletes healthy.  They are a little banged up on the line, however.

19 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Not me Union Fan, I respect your opinion, but I think film, NFHS, You tube is the same or better. I haven't seen one NFL team in person this year nor have I seen Ohio St, Georgia, Bama, or Oregon, but I think the film/tv is accurate enough for me to assess them. The same holds true for the SEC coaches. I doubt if any of them have seen Ohio St or Washington this year in person, but I'm certain they have a good idea about how good or not good Washington and Ohio State are.

11 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

According to Cal Preps - Martinsburg has a 94% chance to beat Princeton and Huntington has an 87% chance to beat Princeton.

I hope Princeton defies the odds, but those 2 teams are elite teams.

Deep down, and zero chances they would admit this, but the Princeton coaches know tonight's game is the last win of the season. It's just an entire different level of football with Martinsburg and Huntington. Not to mention, a gigantic student population difference between them and Princeton which speaks to why WV should arguably go to 4 classifications. 

For Princeton, the season is more than a success. It's very close to bordering a title. It's not a title for sure, but their season will be talked about for decades. Princeton has I think 850ish students? They have zero business in the WV Triple A state title game being that small of a school for the highest level of football classification in WV. It's really amazing what they have done in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Deep down, and zero chances they would admit this, but the Princeton coaches know tonight's game is the last win of the season. It's just an entire different level of football with Martinsburg and Huntington. Not to mention, a gigantic student population difference between them and Princeton which speaks to why WV should arguably go to 4 classifications. 

For Princeton, the season is more than a success. It's very close to bordering a title. It's not a title for sure, but their season will be talked about for decades. Princeton has I think 850ish students? They have zero business in the WV Triple A state title game being that small of a school for the highest level of football classification in WV. It's really amazing what they have done in my opinion.

The 4 class system that WV uses for basketball seems to be working well. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Right and people saying they’re not that good.  That’s some good teams to be losing to 

I could be wrong but I don’t see Radford having enough of a running game to win the next game. If either the Bears or the G Men can apply pressure and cover I don’t think Radford can grind out yards like they need to. 
A very down Appomattox was hanging with them until part way through the 4th, sounds like Glenvar almost nipped them. 

29 minutes ago, BoBob said:

I could be wrong but I don’t see Radford having enough of a running game to win the next game. If either the Bears or the G Men can apply pressure and cover I don’t think Radford can grind out yards like they need to. 
A very down Appomattox was hanging with them until part way through the 4th, sounds like Glenvar almost nipped them. 

That's what I'm seeing, along with a few other things.

Watching Radford last night they are far too dependent on backyard style football: not enough running game, WRs run their routes and when the QB inevitably scrambles they just "get open". Both Graham and Union are too good in the box for that to happen very often imo. They do have athletes outside and the QB is legit though.