Graham vs Radford

Gridiron60

14 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Radfords QB has accounted for 63 tds this season.  34 passing, 24 rushing and 5 pick 6's.

He's definitely legit! He'll be hard to contain. I hope our defense is locked & loaded. If not, might be a long game for GMen. By the same token, if defense plays lights out, he may be picking himself up off the ground several times and be a long afternoon for the Bobcats! 

Does Radford have the defense to stop Clements if he's rolling like he did at Union? He can be stopped some but he'll eventually break a big run! He doesn't need much of a hole to do it. 

Go GMen! 

11 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

He's definitely legit! He'll be hard to contain. I hope our defense is locked & loaded. If not, might be a long game for GMen. By the same token, if defense plays lights out, he may be picking himself up off the ground several times and be a long afternoon for the Bobcats! 

Does Radford have the defense to stop Clements if he's rolling like he did at Union? He can be stopped some but he'll eventually break a big run! He doesn't need much of a hole to do it. 

Go GMen! 

Radford has good speed on the edges and contain well, but their weakness seems to be stopping the run between the tackles. Not saying they’ll give up 10 yards a pop but if I had to find a weak spot it would be there just from some of the games I’ve watched. 

I don't think the Graham radio announcers are bad at all.  They aren't seasoned professional broadcasters, but for a local High School Crew with limited resources, they do ok.  One of those guys on there I know fairly well and he played on the Graham of 1989 Team and that great defense of theirs.  He was a heck of a player and he's an even better person imo.  It's been a a long time since I spoke to him.  Class act guy.

14 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I don't think the Graham radio announcers are bad at all.  They aren't seasoned professional broadcasters, but for a local High School Crew with limited resources, they do ok.  One of those guys on there I know fairly well and he played on the Graham of 1989 Team and that great defense of theirs.  He was a heck of a player and he's an even better person imo.  It's been a a long time since I spoke to him.  Class act guy.

I agree , I think they do alright. Like I said, I've heard much worse. Not everyone can be a UVAObserver! In fact, they are very complimentary when opposing players & teams make great plays. Not every crew will give credit where credit is due. They gave props to Union and Coach Turner the entire game. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

You don't wanna subject yourself to Graham's radio crew... 

I listen to them every game because of my health and age I cannot see the games in person 

They do a good job. And if they are that bad why do you not apply. Then see if you are better.

5 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

I listen to them every game because of my health and age I cannot see the games in person 

They do a good job. And if they are that bad why do you not apply. Then see if you are better.

It's an opinion. You don't have to agree with mine lol. They just don't do it for me, personally. 

I've done high school football radio, so I know how hard it is and the work they put in. Just not my personal cup of tea. 

14 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Radfords QB has accounted for 63 tds this season.  34 passing, 24 rushing and 5 pick 6's.

I think that means he passed Cam Allen for 3rd place in Virginia history. #1 & #2 is Ronald Curry & Vic Hall if I remember right 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

It's an opinion. You don't have to agree with mine lol. They just don't do it for me, personally. 

I've done high school football radio, so I know how hard it is and the work they put in. Just not my personal cup of tea. 

And my opinion is if you do not like it do not listen.

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

I think that means he passed Cam Allen for 3rd place in Virginia history. #1 & #2 is Ronald Curry & Vic Hall if I remember right 

Single season? If he was able to catch either of those two top guys, he should be on a D1 roster. Both those guys were the elite of the elite. Curry made the league while Vic was as good a HS player as I’ve seen in VA in my lifetime. 

That’s not to belittle Cam Allen at all, dude was a legit superstar and deserves all his flowers but his future was always on the defensive side. He wasn’t quite the elite top shelf 0.001% talent that Hall and Curry were. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Single season? If he was able to catch either of those two top guys, he should be on a D1 roster. Both those guys were the elite of the elite. Curry made the league while Vic was as good a HS player as I’ve seen in VA in my lifetime. 

That’s not to belittle Cam Allen at all, dude was a legit superstar and deserves all his flowers but his future was always on the defensive side. He wasn’t quite the elite top shelf 0.001% talent that Hall and Curry were. 

Single season. Ronald Curry was high 70’s if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Exceptional memory!  For whatever reason, Cam Allen's 61 TDs in 2018 is not in the latest VHSL Record Book.  Incidentally, a player from Freedom-Woodbridge moved into 2nd place last season.

TOUCHDOWN RESPONSIBILITY
(P = passing; RRR = rushing/receiving/runbacks)

Career
185 Ronald Curry Hampton 89 P, 96 RRR ended 1997
171 Vicqual Hall Gretna 105 P, 66 RRR ended 2004
149 Trace McSorley Briar Woods 111 P, 38 RRR ended 2013
135 Adam Morgan Dinwiddie 114 P, 21 RRR ended 2008

131 Kent Henry Western Albemarle 84P, 47 RRR ended 2013
123 Jacob Phillips Bath County 57 P, 66 RRR ended 2003
123 Shawn Christian E. Montgomery 87 P, 66 RRR ended 2010
123 Shon Mitchell Oscar Smith 123P ended 2016
122 Shoalin McGuire Magna Vista 81 P, 41 RRR ended 2015
119 Philip Sims Oscar Smith 119 P ended 2009

Season
76 Ronald Curry Hampton 14 gms 36 P, 40 RRR 1996
74 Tristan Evans Freedom (W) 15 gms 61 P, 13 RRR 2022
65 Vicqual Hall Gretna 14 gms 39 P, 29 RRR 2004
59 Michael Nebrich Lake Braddock 14 gms 38 P, 21 RRR 2010
58 Brandon Hogan Osbourn 14 gms 39 P, 29 RRR 2004
58 Shawn Christian E. Montgomery 14 gms 44 P, 14 RRR 2010
56 Vicqual Hall Gretna 14 gms 31 P, 25 RRR 2003
56 Adam Morgan Dinwiddie 14 gms 48 P, 8 RRR 2008
54 Ronald Curry Hampton 14 gms 27 P, 27 RRR 1997
54 Terry Mitchell Landstown 14 gms 46 P, 8 RRR 2003
54 Zach Terrell Manassas Park 14 gms 26 P, 28 RRR 2004
54 Jayne Barksdale Gretna 14 gms 22 P, 32 RRR 2008
54 TreVeyon Henderson Hopewell 14 gms 1P, 53 RRR 2019

Curry was averaging over five TDs a game. FIVE touchdowns a game over 14 games. Insane. 

I also still remember Zach Terrell, just not very fondly lol. PV held them 20 points but couldn’t find the end zone. Terrell was averaging over four TDs a game himself but was held as in check as possible. 

24 hours from now we'll know if Graham had an answer for Clark or if Radford had an answer for Clements! I hope our defense has the best game ever and our offense has lots of playmakers!!! Let's go Gmen! Bring home the win for the SWD & Region D!!!! 

34 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Curry was averaging over five TDs a game. FIVE touchdowns a game over 14 games. Insane. 

I also still remember Zach Terrell, just not very fondly lol. PV held them 20 points but couldn’t find the end zone. Terrell was averaging over four TDs a game himself but was held as in check as possible. 

I lived in Tidewater that year and got to see Hampton of 96. I've never seen anything like it since. It was such a huge deal even at that time, that you knew the moment was big. It's one of those rare moments in history when you know that at that moment (no hindsight seeded) that you are living a historical moment that will be talked about for at least 50 years. I soaked it up in Darling Stadium. I just couldn't believe the amount of talent on the field with 1 team. They were like aliens to my young (1996) self. Just unbelievable.