Riverheads vs Radford

nrv_football

51 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

The guy is just speaking facts at the end of the day. I’m sorry that you can’t say that about your Bulldogs. 

What are the facts? 

Radford needed a last second touchdown to beat Glenvar.

What are we disputing?

Radford was a bad matchup for Riverheads. Like Bandana said they had the ability to spread them out and a running QB. Union would have given Riverheads problems because of Anderson. 

On the other hand, I’m not sure Graham would have. Graham coaches offense like I played Super Tecmo Bowl with Bo Jackson. Bo/Clements right, Bo/Clements left. I ignored Marcus Allen and they ignore Jennings and Floyd. Tecmo allowed me 8 plays and Graham has about the same on offense.

Matchups matter. Congratulations to Clark and Crist on a great season!

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Any Spartans attending the second game can come up to the top of the bleachers at the 20 closest to the scoreboard. We’re forming a “Spartans for Maroon Tide” section. 

Greatly appreciated Sir . We are going to need all the help we can get.

1 hour ago, Graham32 said:

Easy with the facts. Might offend someone with that. 

FACT: Glenvar lost to Radford by 5 and Graham lost to Radford by double digits....don't get offended by facts

7 minutes ago, memorex said:

FACT: Glenvar lost to Radford by 5 and Graham lost to Radford by double digits....don't get offended by facts

Okay one team gave up 29 points the 2nd time and gave up 36 the first and that team wasn’t Graham. 

Only one team held Radford under 25 points all year and it wasn’t Glenvar. I’ll let you take a guess who it was 🙂 

50 minutes ago, memorex said:

Radford beats Riverheads by 18 and Graham by 12...Graham fans on here acting like world beaters over that 6 pt difference LOL

And to anyone who is looking at points is taking out the flow of the game and the matchup. Fact is, Graham, Radford, Riverheads, Union were all close. Radford was a bad matchup for Riverheads. All 4 teams were close in my opinion. I think Radford had 5 more total yds than Graham in their contest if I read correctly. Graham was 2 dropped TD passes from having a very strong chance to come away with the win. Riverheads was not 2 pass drops short. Radford handled them. Union would have matched up better than Graham against Radford in my opinion.  Graham would have matched up better against Riverheads than Union in my opinion.

Much of it is about matchups. All 4 were close. The best team won the title, and Riverheads was anywhere from the 2nd best team to the 4th best team in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

And to anyone who is looking at points is taking out the flow of the game and the matchup. Fact is, Graham, Radford, Riverheads, Union were all close. Radford was a bad matchup for Riverheads. All 4 teams were close in my opinion. I think Radford had 5 more total yds than Graham in their contest if I read correctly. Graham was 2 dropped TD passes from having a very strong chance to come away with the win. Riverheads was not 2 pass drops short. Radford handled them. Union would have matched up better than Graham against Radford in my opinion.  Graham would have matched up better against Riverheads than Union in my opinion.

Much of it is about matchups. All 4 were close. The best team won the title, and Riverheads was anywhere from the 2nd best team to the 4th best team in my opinion.

Agreed. Radford a clear and far #1 then Graham, Union, Riverheads were 2-4. Whoever won the West was gonna be a bad matchup for Riverheads with the run defenses but I think Union, with the athleticism of the QB and on the outside, would be a tougher matchup than Graham who liked to attack between the hashes. 

9 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Agreed. Radford a clear and far #1 then Graham, Union, Riverheads were 2-4. Whoever won the West was gonna be a bad matchup for Riverheads with the run defenses but I think Union, with the athleticism of the QB and on the outside, would be a tougher matchup than Graham who liked to attack between the hashes. 

1. Radford 2. Glenvar 3. Graham 4. Gretna

Fixed it for you

37 minutes ago, memorex said:

Fixed it for you

13 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

What I really want to know is who is the fourth best team 

Apparently Gretna according to one of our resident experts 😂🤣 Sorry but Union didn’t make his cut! Maybe next year 😂🤣

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Apparently Gretna according to one of our resident experts 😂🤣 Sorry but Union didn’t make his cut! Maybe next year 😂🤣

We’ll hopefully we can make top 10 that’s more important than winning state apparently lol!!!😂 

43 minutes ago, memorex said:

Fixed it for you

lol okay. Didn’t Radford beat Glenvar by five scores at Glenvar? Yes they did. If Graham got two tries, they’d have had a closer game as well. 

I don’t believe Glenvar beats Graham or Union. Gretna either but whatever you say boss 

22 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

lol okay. Didn’t Radford beat Glenvar by five scores at Glenvar? Yes they did. If Graham got two tries, they’d have had a closer game as well. 

I don’t believe Glenvar beats Graham or Union. Gretna either but whatever you 

Why are you even bringing Union into this? Glenvar would roll them and it's not even up for discussion. Fact is Radford scored with 10 seconds left to beat Glenvar by 5 and they beat Graham by double digits....you can doll it up all you want, but that is the facts....Gretna lost to 4a powerhouse Jefferson Forest by 3 and undefeated 3a powerhouse Magna Vista by 1. Gretna is no slouch and would also roll Union. You guys need to see football outside your bubble.

6 minutes ago, memorex said:

Why are you even bringing Union into this? Glenvar would roll them and it's not even up for discussion. Fact is Radford scored with 10 seconds left to beat Glenvar by 5 and they beat Graham by double digits....you can doll it up all you want, but thay is the facts....Gretna lost to 4a powerhouse Jefferson Forest by 3 and undefeated 3a powerhouse Magna Vista by 1. Gretna is no slouch and would also roll Union. You guys need to see football outside your bubble.

lol okay. Union lost to a 5A TN school by 21 that would smash JF or MV, their only loss. If Gretna was so good, why didn’t they beat Glenvar? Radford also beat Glenvar by damn near 40, funny you didn’t mention that. That’s a fact too, sweetheart. Why are you bringing Glenvar or Gretna up then? Gretna didn’t even make the 2C final and Glenvar lost in the same game Union did. 

this thread should be about Radford and their amazing season, not this dumb squabbling over who’s 2-6. You decided to try and rank the teams and try and belittle 2D football, I’m sorry you feel the need to do that. 

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

lol okay. Union lost to a 5A TN school by 21 that would smash JF or MV, their only loss. If Gretna was so good, why didn’t they beat Glenvar? Radford also beat Glenvar by damn near 40, funny you didn’t mention that. That’s a fact too, sweetheart. Why are you bringing Glenvar or Gretna up then? Gretna didn’t even make the 2C final and Glenvar lost in the same game Union did. 

this thread should be about Radford and their amazing season, not this dumb squabbling over who’s 2-6. You decided to try and rank the teams and try and belittle 2D football, I’m sorry you feel the need to do that. 

He lost credibility with his post about Union would finish 4-5th in his distric (because he based it on ONE bad game-same thing I did with Radford and we were both wrong), I agree with you about this thread taking a disrespectful and unnecessary turn. Let us not take away from Radford's effort today. Who cares how someone else finishes? Like Reece Bobby said "You're either first or your last!"  🙂