Question...

GMan

This may get very weird, but here goes...

What school(s) do you absoloutely hate, can't stand them, hate so much you hope they lose every game???  Name up to 3...it could be a school your team played every year, just once, or even never.  You can give your reasons why or not.

Go...

Just now, GMan said:

What school(s) do you absoloutely hate, can't stand them, hate so much you hope they lose every game???  Name up to 3...it could be a school your team played every year, just once, or even never.  You can give your reasons why or not.

Go...

Only one team, Tazewell.

3 minutes ago, GMan said:

Go...

Appomattox - because they banned the train horn

Tazewell - because they wouldn’t  allow us to have fun with the train horn 

Grayson/Riverheads - Everyone knows the reasons

I don’t really hate any teams but definitely Grayson & Riverheads I have a dislike for not really hate for as SWVAgtiron stated obvious reasons. . 

I can attest that a couple of Tazewell fans on here hate Graham with a passion 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’ll confirm EH31 hates Graham & now he doesn’t have to make a post! 😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t really hate any teams but definitely Grayson & Riverheads I have a dislike for not really hate for as SWVAgtiron stated obvious reasons. . 

I can attest that a couple of Tazewell fans on here hate Graham with a passion 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nobody likes graham.

& they don’t care 

& if don’t believe them they’ll make a t-shirt that says that to show you how much they don’t care 😂

11 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Nobody likes graham.

& they don’t care 

& if don’t believe them they’ll make a t-shirt that says that to show you how much they don’t care 😂

I’m out of reactions but that’s good one 😂you get a participation trophy 🏆

Union

2 reasons

1st I don’t like the name of the school it reminds me of labor unions and I won’t go there. 

2nd even though I don’t live in S W Virginia I still feel the should have named the new school either Powell Valley or Appalachia high school.  The same thing with Central and Eastside high school. Don’t get me wrong I would root for Powell Valley or  Appalachia high school almost anytime.  

10 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Union

2 reasons

1st I don’t like the name of the school it reminds me of labor unions and I won’t go there. 

2nd even though I don’t live in S W Virginia I still feel the should have named the new school either Powell Valley or Appalachia high school.  The same thing with Central and Eastside high school. Don’t get me wrong I would root for Powell Valley or  Appalachia highh school almost anytime.  

I DESPISE the 3 names WC stuck on these schools. When Central was formed, I wanted Indian Creek High school named for the mountain/road connecting the 2 communities and liked Redhawks as the name for the redtail hawks that call this region home. Union is only slightly better a name and Eastside sounds like a gangbanger's paradise:). They claim the students voted for the name. Either A they didn't or B the other name they had on the ballot was turdbuckets.

15 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Union

2 reasons

2nd even though I don’t live in S W Virginia I still feel the should have named the new school either Powell Valley or Appalachia high school.  The same thing with Central and Eastside high school. Don’t get me wrong I would root for Powell Valley or  Appalachia high school almost anytime.  

You might get the vote for the oddest reason of not liking a school. Lol

18 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Union

2 reasons

At least they didn’t go with westside lol!!!

1 minute ago, Unchained said:

I DESPISE the 3 names WC stuck on these schools. When Central was formed, I wanted Indian Creek High school named for the mountain/road connecting the 2 communities and liked Redhawks as the name for the redtail hawks that call this region home. Union is only slightly better a name and Eastside sounds like a gangbanger's paradise:). They claim the students voted for the name. Either A they didn't or B the other name they had on the ballot was turdbuckets.

I can attest 100% that students got to pick colors and names. The best names were not picked, IMHO, but I wasn't a student.

Lonesome PIne High and Heritage were some finalist for Union. Heritage was thrown out because of the existence of other Heritages.

My personal favorite for Eastside was Twin Rivers. Other mascots for them were the Griffins and Hellbenders, for the salamander.

The original names for the 3 were going to be Wise Co Central, East and South. I think Central stayed because they couldn't think of anything better. Eastside is obvious from that list. So, Union is really the only unique name... which isn't saying much.