Galax vs Essex

Westisthebest

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!!!

A state championship won with 2 safeties and a FG that hits the crossbar and bounces over.  WOW!!!

Congrats Galax Maroon Tide.  

It wasn't pretty, but Galax goes home with the trophy.  Isn't there a song which says "the girls get prettier at closing time?"   For Galax it did.  Wow!!! Wow!!!

When u hear words like, "clutch, lucky, got some breaks, hung in there, not pretty" and the team still wins, it wreaks of WINNER. The kind of team down 20 to 14 in table tennis and they real off 8 pts in a row to win 22-20. There are programs like that. There are people like that. Galax is like that. It's called....WINNERS.

4 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Galax doesn't always win the state championship. But when it does, the score is 7-6.

Galax only wins State championships by that score on the same days Riverheads loses a state championship. 

Unbelievable!! Should be on sportscenter top 10 tonight. Also, kicking has become a lost art in Single A. Not many schools that can even kick a PAT anymore. Props to that kid.

To drop 49 the week prior to winning the State championship with two safeties and field goal that bounced across the cross bar. You can make this stuff up.  I need a drink and I don’t drink. 

Thanks for the support from all you guys. 

10 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

To drop 49 the week prior to winning the State championship with two safeties and field goal that bounced across the cross bar. You can make this stuff up.  I need a drink and I don’t drink. 

Thanks for the support from all you guys. 

Hate I didn’t get to meet you but I did get to meet @sixcat for the first time. The Cinderella story is complete. The West is the best!