State Finals Updates/Scores

28 minutes ago, Observer said:

I'll complain before, during and after if I so choose......

And at ZERO times did I write that you couldn't complain.  It's your choice.  I've also complained.  We all have opinions.  I just wrote.....that in my opinion.....it's a bit unfair if someone all of a sudden starts doing their complaining AFTER the game is played.....AFTER Va High chose to play the game and that In My Opinion, it's a bad take.  That's all I wrote.

I will write this again.  For fans of teams that make it to the state title or play JM in regular season, it's one thing as to whether you have a say so in playing them.  Most fans certainly don't have any say so.  But if you are an administrator or have some kind of influence on whether your team can play them or not,  then you are just as guilty as JM is.....again....in my opinion.  We all know that what is going on is unfair, or at least 90% of people likely hold that view.  If it's unfair, then DO SOMETHING about .  Stop playing them.  Stop it with the narcissism and rationalization by claiming, "we can't take this opportunity away for our kids" which is something cloaked in narcissism and a hint that the team that plays JM would do EXACTLY the same thing JM is doing if they were in that situation.  Here's the sad part......90% of schools WOULD do the same thing.  That's the sickening part.  My post isn't directed to you personally Observer.  I respect your opinion and you complain any time you choose as to each is their own, but I'm making the general complaint point for basically anyone that has influence, an admin or coach that has the ability to not play them.......should not play them.

17 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

Tragedy to triumph: Coach Terri Anne Funk's impact as Eastside heads back to state (wcyb.com)

Eastside with the championship trophy, but Coach Funk's with life's trophy!!!!

Awesome!!!

I knew Brock and his family well. He’s a Fries native, as am I. Brock’s dad is the head girls basketball coach at Grayson County. His sister is in administration at Galax.  

Very happy for the whole Funk-Moore extended family!!!

3 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I knew Brock and his family well. He’s a Fries native, as am I. Brock’s dad is the head girls basketball coach at Grayson County. His sister is in administration at Galax.  

Very happy for the whole Funk-Moore extended family!!!

He sure was a dominant hurler back in the day.

10 minutes ago, Unchained said:

He sure was a dominant hurler back in the day.

I used to catch some in practice for his uncle back in the 80’s. Mike was drafted by the Expos and played in the Twins organization.