worst stadium in swva?

Scott

[ QUOTE ]

The Mercer County school board pays in excess of $30000 per year for Bluefield High and Bluefield Middle to play their games there. (Approximately 9 games per year). When you think about it it would take a long time for this to add up to the price of a new stadium but it would be nice if the board gave Pikeview and Montcalm 30 grand a year to upgrade their facilities. That sounds fair doesnt it. I am sure that the other schools in Tazewell County would like the same deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the diff is pikeview and the other schools get their ticket money

[ QUOTE ]

The Mercer County school board pays in excess of $30000 per year for Bluefield High and Bluefield Middle to play their games there. (Approximately 9 games per year). When you think about it it would take a long time for this to add up to the price of a new stadium but it would be nice if the board gave Pikeview and Montcalm 30 grand a year to upgrade their facilities. That sounds fair doesnt it. I am sure that the other schools in Tazewell County would like the same deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

TC pays around $30000 per year too, so theres not much. difference..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

you dont have to walk a mile, the reason you guys walk to the high school is because the coach choose so.. they offer the old field house to the teams... Yes the track is close to the field, but gotta think that field was there way before the paved track was.. Field wise its one of the best in SWVA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the same field house they used to store equipment in instead of letting the visiting teams use? You mean they offer the old field house because complaints forced the TCSB to make them offer it to the visiting coaches.Yeah, I agree Tazewell is the worst in swva, stands are horrible, consessions are terrible, and the bathrooms are the worst I have ever saw anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL Tazewell, Pocy, and Richlands prolly could have better stadiums if wasn't for all the tax payers money they have to pay just for u guys to have a field to play on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see......35,000 a year to play at Mitchell vs 3,000,000 minimum to build a suitable stadium. There is no comparison there hoss cat. And how much do you think it cost to maintain your stadium, condsider lighting the field, painting the field, mowing the grass, cleaning the stadium. I would bet that figure to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 35,000 a year.

There's more than enough room for visiting fans to sit at GC. I've heard that bs til I'm sick of it. The majority of schools don't bring enough fans to even need half the stands. Broadway brought enough fans to fill the entire side. There's never been a problem with the seating in 30+ years.

From a players view-Mt. View had the worst facilities. It was so bad after we played down there one year we didn't even shower there because it was so nasty-also Carrol County. I figured out that if you go to to Carrol County and put up near 500 yards rushing on their team the fans like to cuss, spit, and throw drinks on you as you head back to the locker room.

From a fans view I would have to say Richlands has the worst facilities at least for visiting teams-awful stands gotta walk a mile to get something good to eat and use the bathroom.

Pocy's fiels is awful! I played on it a few times in Hs and been on it for other things in the recent past and seen a few games there. It doesn't drain at all. With the heat we have now it would still have standing water if there was a light shower. I watched montcalm and bland play there and it was a mud fest. Worst field conditions I've seen or played on.

From my considerable seat:

college: The University of Tennessee - That place should have been condemned back in the 1920's. It is nasty, cramped, and full of orange clad red necks.

Single A: No question here; it has to be Hurley. If it wasn't bad enough already they covered it in toxic waste this year. Stonewall Jackson would turn over in his grave if he knew how the Confederacy was being treated there. Appalachia's goat lot runs a close second.

Double A: It has to be Marion. Halfway down the field you are standing on second base. The visitor's bleachers are in center field and the home bleachers would collapse if they hadn't been built on a hill. You would have thought they would take some of those fruitcakes from the crazy house and mowed the weeds before kickoff.

[ QUOTE ]

Gundy's field of rock covered in mud and the pa speakers that are left over from WW2 and covered in bird [censored] for your viewing enjoyment are conveniently placed so that no matter where you are sitting they block part of your field of view.

The visitors stands and the field house are pretty nice...I think Lloyd might fall thru the roof of the press box if he were to go up top though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I saw Loyd I figured the only thing that would hurt him would be a clove of garlic or a wooden stake.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

you dont have to walk a mile, the reason you guys walk to the high school is because the coach choose so.. they offer the old field house to the teams... Yes the track is close to the field, but gotta think that field was there way before the paved track was.. Field wise its one of the best in SWVA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the same field house they used to store equipment in instead of letting the visiting teams use? You mean they offer the old field house because complaints forced the TCSB to make them offer it to the visiting coaches.Yeah, I agree Tazewell is the worst in swva, stands are horrible, consessions are terrible, and the bathrooms are the worst I have ever saw anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you guys should get a stadium first before you complain about other team's home fields

Here are a few in WV that I never have much cared for:

Summers County-convienently trapped between the RR tracks and the river. I the mosquitos or the risk of Bluestone dam breaking don't get you, a chemical spill probably will. You've also got there fans that have been known to put dead animals under the visiting bleachers.

Wyoming East- the "War Zone" probably sees about 2 hours of sun on a good days, and if it's rained there in the past month, the field's a nightmare. There fans also get the award for being the biggest jerks year in and year out.

And might all-time "favorite", Mount View

If you've never been here to watch a game, there's no real accurate way to describe it. Bad field, crowded stands behind a cliff, no parking, harrasing fans, this place has it all. You can actualy look up and see the tractor trailer on the road surrounding the stadium, circling like vultures. I'm glad I won't go to hell when I die, but I know where the door to it is.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I won't go to hell when I die, but I know where the door to it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I was drinking some water and spit it all over the screen and keyboard after reading that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha Ha Ha, Oh that's good stuff.

If you have ever played at hurley then you know the worst is hurley if you havent then thank your chosen god(gods) that you didnt have to its located right in the middle of nowhere is always muddy and cold does not drain and is full of rocks but is the best homefield advantage I have ever seen I would hate to have played hurley when they had a good team

[ QUOTE ]

If you have ever played at hurley then you know the worst is hurley if you havent then thank your chosen god(gods) that you didnt have to its located right in the middle of nowhere is always muddy and cold does not drain and is full of rocks but is the best homefield advantage I have ever seen I would hate to have played hurley when they had a good team

[/ QUOTE ]

That kind of thing is why I never want to see James Monroe's field turfed. You never know where you might end up playing big games at. As more and more teams are getting artificial surfaces, whatever advantage that brings is that mutch of a disadvantage when you have to play in a mudbath. I know they didn't have turf last year, but bad field conditions last year at Tolsia absolutely cost them the game, and the season. The field wasn't quite as bad, but they didn't do too good at James Monroe in the rain either. Unfortunatly, James Monroe fell victim to them in 2002 of the exact same thing.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL Tazewell, Pocy, and Richlands prolly could have better stadiums if wasn't for all the tax payers money they have to pay just for u guys to have a field to play on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see......35,000 a year to play at Mitchell vs 3,000,000 minimum to build a suitable stadium. There is no comparison there hoss cat. And how much do you think it cost to maintain your stadium, condsider lighting the field, painting the field, mowing the grass, cleaning the stadium. I would bet that figure to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 35,000 a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

they let the inmates clean the stands... the asst coaches and boosters do everything else... so if you have 5000 people watching a game at 6$ a ticket, thats $30,000.00 ticket money for one game. then you have the hotdaog and coke money...lol. i think football more than pays for itself

[ QUOTE ]

There's more than enough room for visiting fans to sit at GC. I've heard that bs til I'm sick of it. The majority of schools don't bring enough fans to even need half the stands. Broadway brought enough fans to fill the entire side. There's never been a problem with the seating in 30+ years.

[/ QUOTE ] Last year against Richlands there wasn't enough seating......I stood along the fence somewhere around the 20 and couldn't see half the field due to Richlands players on the sideline.....and I got there 1 hour before kickoff. So, I agree the visitor seating at GC sux. Kinda like seating at Grundy.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they let the inmates clean the stands... the asst coaches and boosters do everything else... so if you have 5000 people watching a game at 6$ a ticket, thats $30,000.00 ticket money for one game. then you have the hotdaog and coke money...lol. i think football more than pays for itself

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with high school football, but i was watching the Penn STate game saturday and they were saying how the football players have to clean the stadium after each home game because of some off-season citations and arrests to the players, just thought about this when you said inmates cleaning up the stadium. lol